Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I was following this tutorial to play animal crossing events (no link. I'm a newbie. It's from agronomru ACNH-BCATs) and switch-time requires that I sync my date and time with the internet. However, I'm on my emummc, so wouldn't that cause a ban?
You risk a ban if you connect to Nintendo's servers, not necessarily the Internet. You can block the connection to Nintendo's servers but retain Internet access with 90DNS.

So, I've been trying to move from SX OS to Atmosphere since I want to play Skyward Sword. I'm using Emunand with the Hidden Partition option yet Hekate won't detect it for Migrate Emunand. I tried converting that to Atmosphere Emunand files using Emutools but it doesn't work either since Atmosphere refuses to boot, saying it can't mount EmuMMC from files.And yes, I've changed the ini to point at Emutendo.

Is my Emunand firmware too old? I'm still on 10.2.0 on Emunand and Sysnand even lower than that.
Try using EmuTool instead.

Hi.
First post, total noob to this.
I've modded a 3DS with a friend before but never a switch, nor switch lite.
So, I have a switch lite, V.12 I think it's a late 2019/2019 model. (I bought secondhand in mid 2020)
I know everyone says it's difficult to mod/hack (idk what the correct term is) a switch lite and you have to physically install a modchip but that doesn't really bother me.
It's possible and fairly known how to do it so more than enough for me; it's far from impossible.

So I'm guessing the best option would be, at one stage, to pay someone trustworthy to install a modchip who is more experienced with micro-soldering or the process and also to install SX OS at some point. I don't actually know much more than that when it comes to the switch lite, finding information on the switch is easier.
Does anyone have any advice for what I should do, or read into to begin hacking/modding my switch lite (to be able to run cfw, run ROMs etc)
Or any advice on finding someone to install the modchip?

I know a lot of people will recommend me to buy a regular switch console and simply mod that one, and I may do that in the future, however I am specifically inquiring about the switch lite.
Believe me, it has been well noted already that many wouldn't recommend modding the switch lite.

Really, I find the gameplay of the switch lite much more enjoyable and preferable, to the point I'd rather take the time and commitment to go down this road instead.
Thank you.
The problem is Nintendo has been sending C&D orders to any modchip installers to the point that they no longer even advertise their services on this site. You can try looking for a local installer but its also possible that they have also received letters from Nintendo prohibiting them from installing modchips. Unless you can solder it inside yourself, you are not going to have much luck hacking a Switch with a modchip.

Reactions: Andrewoid1000

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I was able to update to latest FW, but unable to launch checkpoint in cfw (Atmosphere), or any homebrew apps for that matter. I get error 2144-0001 (0x290). Do you know what that is and what I can do? Help appreciated...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I was able to update to latest FW, but unable to launch checkpoint in cfw (Atmosphere), or any homebrew apps for that matter. I get error 2144-0001 (0x290). Do you know what that is and what I can do? Help appreciated...
  1. Make sure you're using title override
  2. Make sure your homebrew apps are up to date
  3. Make sure you dragged all of the contents of the latest Atmosphere download onto your SD card

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Goldleaf by default has nothing to do with usb. Quark (on the computer itself) when used with goldleaf though allows the switch to detect your computer as a valid source for files. By default you'd have to put the files on your sdcard then use goldleaf. If you follow the instructions at https://www.cfwaifu.com/goldleaf-quark/ you can get goldleaf to work over usb, which as a very lazy person, I found to be easier. My sdcard is also 128gb and my emuNAND of course uses up 29gb which in hard drive math is actually 32gb. Personally though I don't play more than 3or4 games in any given month though. So just uninstalling stuff from time to time makes it work fine for me personally.

TL;DR

Yes.

Thanks I didn't know that. I'll have to look into it, for ease.

Does the emunand always ahve to use 29gb up, or can that space be used for storing games too?
If that's unusable then I really should get a larger card. Yes I could install/uninstall games, but I like variety xD

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering, but is it easy to copy over an emunand from a smaller card to a bigger one? (assuming it would carry over the games and the save data too)

I was also wondering if maybe there's a way to easily copy the whole card over (just now there'd be more space), but I'm guessing I have to go through the partitioning and all that again?

Sylfurion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Guys, I updated to Atmosphere 19.5 and just downloaded the new sigpatch but my games still don't launch (it say that the game is corrupted, a verification is launched, after that I can launch the game again, but it never launch and say the switch can't launch the game....) someone know how i can fix that ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys, I updated to Atmosphere 19.5 and just downloaded the new sigpatch but my games still don't launch (it say that the game is corrupted, a verification is launched, after that I can launch the game again, but it never launch and say the switch can't launch the game....) someone know how i can fix that ?

Patches are based on your bootloader, make sure to use the correct patches to go with the correct bootloader.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After your post I changed the bootloader too (from the same file where the sigpatch was) and still the same problem :(

Hekate patches goes with Hekate/fss0 build, if you use Fusee Primary or chainload fusee-primary you need fusee patches, in addition the patches have to be in the correct spots, as in the zip files folder structure.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a easy way for a noob to patch nsps to work with a lower firmware? If not, is there a guide on how to do it?

Thanks

There is only so much you can patch, may as well update unless you are stuck on as a 11.0.0 SX OS emunand user.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I used hekate files when the problem appear :(

Check your folder structure, it has to be like what in the zip file or it won't work, also you on Windows on Macs?

Sylfurion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think i respected the structure for exemple : atmosphere -> exefs patches -> es_patches and atmosphere -> kip_patches -> fs_patches and loaders_patches .. i'm on windows
btw the folder exefs didn't seems to existe in the base atmosphere, there was only kip_patches

Last edited by Sylfurion,

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I didn't know that. I'll have to look into it, for ease.

Does the emunand always ahve to use 29gb up, or can that space be used for storing games too?
If that's unusable then I really should get a larger card. Yes I could install/uninstall games, but I like variety xD

This answer is both yes and no. Yes it always uses 32gb (29gb) of space. Why? It's emulating ALL the data on the internal of a normal switch, which means it's emulating EMPTY SPACE also. Games installed to your emuNAND will be fit inside this data. So an 128gb sdcard with emunand on it would have 96gb of free space for hacking/CFW/loosefiles/gamesinstalledtothesdcard and 32(29gb) of fake internal storage memory for games installed "internally" to the emuNAND.

As an example though if there's a game that takes up 10gb of space and you have 5gb of space left inside the emuNAND's 32gb of space and 5gb of space left in your extra 96gb of space... even though you have 10gb of total space, you can't fit a 10gb game. The emuNAND essentially splits an sdcard into two parts.

TL;DR

The space isn't wasted, it's used, and can be used for games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just wondering, but is it easy to copy over an emunand from a smaller card to a bigger one? (assuming it would carry over the games and the save data too)

I was also wondering if maybe there's a way to easily copy the whole card over (just now there'd be more space), but I'm guessing I have to go through the partitioning and all that again?

This is also yes/no. It is easy-ish. But you cannot just copy it. Hekate has an option to migrate an emuNAND from one place to another. It's really not that "hard" but simply copy/pasting the files will not actually work correctly at all.

Then of course outside the emuNAND issue the rest of the normal files of all sorts games/cfw/etc can be copied from one sdcard to another whenever you want easily, yes.

Last edited by namad,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, who?