Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna buy switch lite soon and i'm looking for modchip.

I have a soldering experience so i'm not afraid of wasting switch lite in the process.
Anyway, is there any -cheap- solution for modchip? I checked the Al-iEx but these unreliable and very expensive. Is there any pcb for switch lite or cheap modchip i can buy?
I'm not the biggest expert when it comes to modchips but apparently, the schematics for the SX Core was "leaked" several months ago. Not sure if that is exactly what you are looking for.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I just purchased an RCM loader. I updated the firmware of the loader to 2.02. And updated the hekate payload, and renamed it. And have the loader in blue light mode.

Anyways I loaded CFW sysMMC and when on the switch main menu whenever i click on a title, regardless of whether its a new title or not, I'm asked to have a system update.

I've never used atmosphere before. Is this what I'm supposed to do? Load CFW sysMMC and then have a system update?

Also below is a video I shot attempting to load the firmware and game, incase that helps clariyfing the process I took. Thanks a lot for any help possible.

Wallygator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder something: if I put my SD card (with only sysnand or with sysnand+emunand) in another brand new Switch V1 + Plug/RCM Loader, what happens ? Does it work without doing anything else?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why can't you download certain apps in the switch appstore even if they are available if you click on download?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I just purchased an RCM loader. I updated the firmware of the loader to 2.02. And updated the hekate payload, and renamed it. And have the loader in blue light mode.

Anyways I loaded CFW sysMMC and when on the switch main menu whenever i click on a title, regardless of whether its a new title or not, I'm asked to have a system update.

I've never used atmosphere before. Is this what I'm supposed to do? Load CFW sysMMC and then have a system update?

Also below is a video I shot attempting to load the firmware and game, incase that helps clariyfing the process I took. Thanks a lot for any help possible.

It seems like you have Wi-Fi enabled on the console and the Switch automatically downloads the latest system update. There is a way to delete it but before you do that, you have to remove your Wi-Fi settings otherwise it will download the system update again. To delete a pending system update, simply boot into Maintenance Mode. This is achieved by holding both volume (-) and (+) when turning the console on. You will know you're in Maintenance Mode once you a screen with 3 options. From here, you don't have to do anything as simply entering Maintenance Mode clears out any pending system updates. Just reboot your console and you're all set.
I wonder something: if I put my SD card (with only sysnand or with sysnand+emunand) in another brand new Switch V1 + Plug/RCM Loader, what happens ? Does it work without doing anything else?
Well, the first problem is that the Nintendo folder belongs to another console so when you boot it up, it will complain that the SD card belongs to another device and will ask you to format the SD card. Other than that, it will be able to boot CFW on sysMMC. It won't be able to boot emuMMC since emuMMC is console-specific.
Why can't you download certain apps in the switch appstore even if they are available if you click on download?
Maybe those apps had their GitHub apps removed or the author no longer wants them on the appstore but they forgot to update it on the site? I'm not really sure. You can always try asking in the appstore thread. Which apps are you referring to anyways?

Nishimiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello!

I am trying to install sys-tweak for this tool gbatemp.net/threads/custom-game-icons-tutorial-and-sharing-hub.574675/

I followed their guide but it didn't work.

However it either gets a panic error (code: 00) or stays stuck on the Nintendo Switch boot logo.

Can anyone tell me/show me where a working version can be found please?

I am running on the following software:

Emunand
Version 13.2.0
AMS 1.2.5

Thank you!

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like you have Wi-Fi enabled on the console and the Switch automatically downloads the latest system update. There is a way to delete it but before you do that, you have to remove your Wi-Fi settings otherwise it will download the system update again. To delete a pending system update, simply boot into Maintenance Mode. This is achieved by holding both volume (-) and (+) when turning the console on. You will know you're in Maintenance Mode once you a screen with 3 options. From here, you don't have to do anything as simply entering Maintenance Mode clears out any pending system updates. Just reboot your console and you're all set.

Well, the first problem is that the Nintendo folder belongs to another console so when you boot it up, it will complain that the SD card belongs to another device and will ask you to format the SD card. Other than that, it will be able to boot CFW on sysMMC. It won't be able to boot emuMMC since emuMMC is console-specific.

Maybe those apps had their GitHub apps removed or the author no longer wants them on the appstore but they forgot to update it on the site? I'm not really sure. You can always try asking in the appstore thread. Which apps are you referring to anyways?

So while using atmosphere the console will attempt to download new system updates unless Wi-Fi is turned off? How come this wasn’t an issue with sx os?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So while using atmosphere the console will attempt to download new system updates unless Wi-Fi is turned off? How come this wasn’t an issue with sx os?
I believe SX OS has Stealth Mode enabled by default. At any rate, having Wi-Fi settings on a hacked console is a bad idea to begin with. The console transmits telemetry to Nintendo's servers even if you're not actively going online as long as you have Wi-Fi settings enabled.

Reactions: Prior22

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe SX OS has Stealth Mode enabled by default. At any rate, having Wi-Fi settings on a hacked console is a bad idea to begin with. The console transmits telemetry to Nintendo's servers even if you're not actively going online as long as you have Wi-Fi settings enabled.

Something doesn’t seem right. I’ve read that when launching atmosphere the system firmware should have an AMS in it, as well as an E. Here’s a screenshot of my system version when running atmosphere. Also I turned off wifi, but it still asks me to update my system, and games that normally would load now won’t.

Attachments

• 65A7D291-2D58-4BBE-95FB-E860F9B72F52.jpeg
    65A7D291-2D58-4BBE-95FB-E860F9B72F52.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something doesn’t seem right. I’ve read that when launching atmosphere the system firmware should have an AMS in it, as well as an E. Here’s a screenshot of my system version when running atmosphere. Also I turned off wifi, but it still asks me to update my system, and games that normally would load now won’t.
Did you boot into Maintenance Mode already?

Kime

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Has anyone made a custom game cartridge, one that you would put a sd in and it would load games, or is that impossible at the moment?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone made a custom game cartridge, one that you would put a sd in and it would load games, or is that impossible at the moment?
Its not impossible but extremely difficult to make because of the heightened security surrounding the cartridge slot. Its not as simple as making something that will fit into the game cartridge; it would need its own exploit in order to load games and considering we have hardware-less exploits, the chances of ever seeing anything like this is next to zero.
Sorry is there an app in the homebrew app store to uninstall and remove files you no longer need?
Not that I know of although something like that would be incredibly subjective since there aren't many objective parameters to determine what a user no longer needs.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you boot into Maintenance Mode already?
Yes and I was able to check my firmware. It was 11.0.0 ams 1.2.5 s. So I was loading atmosphere firmware. Yet every game I tried, even the older ones, wouldn't load.

I then tried my sxos dongle and i was able to load these same older games. Any idea how I can be running atmosphere firmware, yet every game won't load?

All of these titles were downloaded from tinfoil while using sxos. Does that matter? Do i need to download games to a computer, transfer to a microsd, and then install via goldleaf to run on atmosphere?

nemwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I dump Switch carts and then revert my Switch back to 100% stock like nothing happened at all. I already got a RCM jig and my Switch is not patched.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not that I know of although something like that would be incredibly subjective since there aren't many objective parameters to determine what a user no longer needs.
I meant an app that removes corrupted files or duplicate apps downloaded by mistake,how do you do if such a thing happens?

alberto90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is it possible to transfer save files from my banned Switch to not modded switch lite? In a case if it isn't, what do I need to do on my Switch lite to do so?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to transfer save files from my banned Switch to not modded switch lite? In a case if it isn't, what do I need to do on my Switch lite to do so?
You would need to load something like JKSV on BOTH switches, so this will not work.

Edit: You would need to mod chip your switch lite as the RCM trick is not an option For the lite.

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I dump Switch carts and then revert my Switch back to 100% stock like nothing happened at all. I already got a RCM jig and my Switch is not patched.

if you are using a CFW on an emunand you simply remove the SD card and reboot into OFW without your jig and there will not be any traces left.

if you do somehow write to sysnand accidentally and you made a backup of your nand beforehand (which is highly recommended) you can restore everything back to the exact same state afterwards.

Last edited by binkinator,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and I was able to check my firmware. It was 11.0.0 ams 1.2.5 s. So I was loading atmosphere firmware. Yet every game I tried, even the older ones, wouldn't load.

I then tried my sxos dongle and i was able to load these same older games. Any idea how I can be running atmosphere firmware, yet every game won't load?

All of these titles were downloaded from tinfoil while using sxos. Does that matter? Do i need to download games to a computer, transfer to a microsd, and then install via goldleaf to run on atmosphere?
No, its just another thing that happens to come with SX OS by default but not Atmosphere. You need patches to launch backups. SX OS has them built-in but they need to be downloaded separately for usage with Atmosphere. You can download them from this thread. Simply place them on the root of your SD card.
I meant an app that removes corrupted files or duplicate apps downloaded by mistake,how do you do if such a thing happens?
Well I'm still not sure of any app that can do what you're looking for. If there's a corrupted file, formatting your SD card is usually the only fix. Removing duplicate apps can be checked by inserting the SD card into your computer and hitting ctrl+F for any dupes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1