Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are the benefits of updating the dock? I have noticed that feature in the options on my release day switch?

moar dock stability

It’s only needed if dock is unstable. Test by pushing from side to side.

(not sure to be honest…googling because now I‘m curious too.)

information is sparse. all I could find is in the release notes you’ve prolly already read. I can’t even test cause it looks like yiu have to have a dock with a LAN port and I’m not 1337 enough to have one.

Ver. 13.0.0 (Released September 14, 2021)​

“Update Dock” was added under System in System Settings for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch – OLED Model systems, allowing for software updates to Nintendo Switch docks with a LAN port.

• Dock software updates are not available for Nintendo Switch docks without a LAN port.
  • This feature was not added to Nintendo Switch Lite.
  • For more information, see How to Update the Dock Firmware.

Last edited by binkinator,

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just hear me out on my thought,

Do we need a rcmloader if..... we have autorcm enabled and the system is docked with a usb stick plugged in to one of the USB ports? I am board silly and my mind is in overdrive...lol

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do we need a rcmloader if..... we have autorcm enabled and the system is docked with a usb stick plugged in to one of the USB ports? I am board silly and my mind is in overdrive...lol

I hear where you’re going. A regular USB drive wouldn’t push a payload…even without the dock.
Would be a weird day if Ninty allowed that on purpose or even by accident.

It would be interesting to put a payload injector in the USB port and see if it would inject that way. I don’t think you’d need an update from Ninty to enable that though. Heck…I might try it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not with a USB thumb Drive you need something like a payload dongle instead while not docked, like RCM Loader One, NS Atmosphere Dongle, Dragon Injector.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is the emuiibo compatibility and stability? is it worth using

I‘ve used Emuiibo and AmiiSwap just for fun (filed it as a “cause-I-can” project.) Mostly just tweaking SMO, playing with the wedding suits and stuff like that. Didn’t encounter any stability issues but really only played with < 10 amiibos for a total of a couple hours.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Wiping the console from maintenance mode did not require an internet connection. I backed up this new clean sysnand to replace my old backup.

Question though, I booted in to OFW Sysnand and I lost auto RCM? I had to use the jig again. Was this caused by restoring the NAND or does this just happen if you boot OFW in hekate. Does this mean if Hekate hmboots OFW I might get my fuses blown?

I guess now that my sysnand is clean I continue to use CFW with it just keep it clean and avoid bannable actions right? Use emunand for that type of stuff
Restoring a backup means you're essentially reverting the console to the state it was in when you made the backup (hence why its called a "backup"). If you didn't have AutoRCM enabled when you initially made the backup, restoring that backup will disable AutoRCM.

Reactions: blaisedinsd

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is a thing or not but is there a way to power up your virtual amigo's...lol might as well ask

Not sure what that means in this context.

Maybe somebody else does?

Last edited by binkinator,

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I read a lot of forums and watch a lot of YouTube on how to do different things with my console but nothing beats asking in a community like this because you get your answers fast and real up to date information. some of the time I know the answer but I like to make sure its still the current right answer.:)

Reactions: binkinator

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HI peeps,

It's been a couple of years since I have last updated.

I am currently running SX OS V2.9.3 and i am currently on fimrware 9.1.0.

Has the way things done in terms of homebrew etc, changed much?

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install nsp files from Pendrive, while Switch is docked?
I have atmosphere.
Yes, most if not all modern title manages have USB support.
HI peeps,

It's been a couple of years since I have last updated.

I am currently running SX OS V2.9.3 and i am currently on fimrware 9.1.0.

Has the way things done in terms of homebrew etc, changed much?

Thanks
The way in which we boot CFW will not change for a long time if ever because the exploit used is incredibly poweful and unpatchable via software. However SX OS hasn't received an update for about 2 years now so its safe to say they are dead & never coming back. This means you can only use SX OS up to firmware 11.0. I recommend switching to Atmosphere as newer games and content will require higher firmware versions. Setting up Atmosphere is about as simple as setting up SX OS; SX OS uses Atmosphere's source code after all.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring a backup means you're essentially reverting the console to the state it was in when you made the backup (hence why its called a "backup"). If you didn't have AutoRCM enabled when you initially made the backup, restoring that backup will disable AutoRCM.
Thanks I was thinking that was the case.

So I can boot sysnand OFW from hekate and keep auto RCM enabled and not burn my fuses. If I don’t want to do any home brew on my sysnand is it better just to boot OFW? Will that help prevent making a mistake that causes a ban?

I am worried if I let my kids play CFW sysnand they might go in to album and do some hombrew accidentally. Alternatively can you change the behavior of the album in atmosphere? Can I make it need hold R to enter homebrew launcher instead of being the default ?

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, most if not all modern title manages have USB support.

The way in which we boot CFW will not change for a long time if ever because the exploit used is incredibly poweful and unpatchable via software. However SX OS hasn't received an update for about 2 years now so its safe to say they are dead & never coming back. This means you can only use SX OS up to firmware 11.0. I recommend switching to Atmosphere as newer games and content will require higher firmware versions. Setting up Atmosphere is about as simple as setting up SX OS; SX OS uses Atmosphere's source code after all.

Ok thanks . Will give Atmosphere a go. Is it simple to setup and do I need to delete anything regarding SX OS?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks . Will give Atmosphere a go. Is it simple to setup and do I need to delete anything regarding SX OS?
Like I said, if you can setup SX OS, then you can setup Atmosphere. And SX OS is only one file that doesn't interfere with Atmosphere but if you want to free up some space on your SD card, you can delete the boot.dat file from your card.

Reactions: DonAndy321

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Catnip high