Fiddlestix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don’t have to remove everything. You can convert SXOS to Atmos here:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Read read read and use the appropriate path for you (There are multiple to chose from depending upon what you want to do)

if you’re dead set on factory check this out:

1) remove AutoRCM if installed.

2a) if you installed on emunand on sd card, remove sd card and reboot. Tadah! You’re done. System is now 100% stock.

2b) if you installed on Sysnand, restore backup but since you don’t seem like the kinda guy that would have a backup you might could do a factory reset: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...-Settings-on-the-Nintendo-Switch-1379045.html
Thanks for the reply. I'm on Atmosphere now, the latest pre-release for 14 fw. I just thought it would be best if I started over, that way I can do all the necessary backups, safeties, protections, and such. My SD card is a cluttered mess. Spring Cleaning!
I'll give your suggestion a shot. With the new 14 fw, I just wanted to make sure it was safe to do so, bc this stuff makes me nervous regardless of how much I learn and read. lol Thanks a bunch!

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I'm on Atmosphere now, the latest pre-release for 14 fw. I just thought it would be best if I started over, that way I can do all the necessary backups, safeties, protections, and such. My SD card is a cluttered mess. Spring Cleaning!
I'll give your suggestion a shot. With the new 14 fw, I just wanted to make sure it was safe to do so, bc this stuff makes me nervous regardless of how much I learn and read. lol Thanks a bunch!

The most important thing you can do is stay offline.

This will help: https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

I just tested this with 90DNS Tester btw and it still works in 14.0.0

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link.. Just tried copying and pasting the command list below in the thread in python and it says Syntaxerror:Invalid syntax. Do you have a guide you can recommend that does not use python?

Thanks

QQ, what did you type to get the syntax error?

Only since you asked directly: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: DonAndy321

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• python.png
    python.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 27

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator Just wanted to mention the solution to my issue (after using the pre-release Atmosphere) from the AIO thread ended up being a problem with sys-botbase so I've just uninstalled that for now. Anyway, thanks for the help over there.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator Just wanted to mention the solution to my issue (after using the pre-release Atmosphere) from the AIO thread ended up being a problem with sys-botbase so I've just uninstalled that for now. Anyway, thanks for the help over there.
Nice! Glad you got it sorted. New releases are always a fun time!

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah…down the dependency rabbit hole. You need to install ‘pip’. Your choice…
I have never used python so thought it would ask. Is Pip
I have attached a screenshot
Ok once PIP has been installed and confirmed, do you know where I should run the command python3 -m pip install wget?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never used python so thought it would ask. Is Pip

Ok once PIP has been installed and confirmed, do you know where I should run the command python3 -m pip install wget?

Pip Installs Packages. (I’m not kidding.)

Technically, as long as pip is in your path, you can run it anywhere as its sole purpose is add modules to your global python environment.

Last edited by binkinator,

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Preferred Installs Packages. (I’m not kidding.)

Technically, as long as pip is in your path, you can run it anywhere as its sole purpose is add modules to your global python environment.
Thanks for your input but I must be doing something wrong from my end as after installing pip and trying to run the command in both python and cmd prompt I get syntax error on python and cm prompt says python was not installed. Maybe I need to install the Microsoft version.

I think I am going to give it a final go on the link you sent me. Under the migration settings I have to change my boot.dat.
It mentions only those using SX Core/Lite & SX Pro users only. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have been using SX OS and using the jig method to boot up. Do I still have to change my boot.dat?

Last edited by DonAndy321,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your input but I must be doing something wrong from my end as after installing pip and trying to run the command in both python and cmd prompt I get syntax error on python and cm prompt says python was not installed. Maybe I need to install the Microsoft version.

I think I am going to give it a final go on the link you sent me. Under the migration settings I have to change my boot.dat.
It mentions only those using SX Core/Lite & SX Pro users only. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have been using SX OS and using the jig method to boot up. Do I still have to change my boot.dat?

In that case (SXOS on Erista) you should probably find yourself on this link:

https://rentry.org/mys8q this entry is for migrating from SXOS (both Erista V1 and Mariko V2)

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In that case you should probably find yourself on this link:

https://rentry.org/mys8q this entry is for migrating from SXOS (both Erista V1 and Mariko V2)
Thats the one I am using. Pretty sure I have a Erista version, will double check but do I need to worry about changing the boot.dat as Im using software and have no hardware installed or using the sx pro?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats the one I am using. Pretty sure I have a Erista version, will double check but do I need to worry about changing the boot.dat as Im using software and have no hardware installed or using the sx pro?

If you can use a jig you are 100% on Erista V1. Final answer! :-)

Your dongle looks for boot.dat and cannot be changed unfortunately so this process intercepts your dongle with a custom boot.dat. You can make a backup to boot.bat.bak so you can roll back. (Always make backups!)

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you can use a jig you are 100% on Erista V1. Final answer! :-)

Your dongle looks for boot.dat and cannot be changed unfortunately so this process intercepts your dongle with a custom boot.dat. You can make a backup to boot.bat.bak so you can roll back. (Always make backups!)
yeah cool, I checked with a serial checker.

So Just so I am clear I am still using a jig and not the dongle for SX Pro , I still have to use the boot.dat ini in the sx gear folder and backup the original one I am using at the moment?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye