Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your patience. :)

I have the keys there. I pressed Power button on EmuNAND. :P

So, I just have to rename this prod.keys file to keys.txt and put it in nut folder? Or I ave to copy key by key and just complete what is asked in the template?

Technically you are supposed to copy paste just the necessary keys according to the template but yeah, you can just make a copy and call it keys.txt and drop it in. 😀

• Love
Reactions: HelloShitty

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you’re tired of removing you SD card all the time you might want to look at https://github.com/cathery/sys-ftpd-light. Then you can just ftp into your switch at any time and save your SD card reader some wear and tear. It’s very fragile and it’s a pain in the ass to shutdown and reboot.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Cool. Are they the 0d keys? (see note above)
If there are no security concerns about these keys, or any type of personal information that can be extracted from them, I can put them here for you to check if they are fine...

What note did you refer to?

Edited;
btw, I'm only copying the required information!

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there are no security concerns about these keys, or any type of personal information that can be extracted from them, I can put them here for you to check if they are fine...
No, these keys are Nintendo Intellectual Property. Please do not share.
What note did you refer to?
Use your PC to look inside the prod.keys file for master_key_0d

This is the 0d master key and is the latest revision.
Edited;
btw, I'm only copying the required information!
Sweet

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
No, these keys are Nintendo Intellectual Property. Please do not share.

Use your PC to look inside the prod.keys file for master_key_0d

This is the 0d master key and is the latest revision.

Sweet

Yes, I have that master key in the file, but the keys.txt file doesn't ask for it. It stops at 0c. Should I still copy the 0d into the nut keys.txt file?

Edited;
the prod.keys file doesn't have a xci_header_key. Hope it's not needed!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have that master key in the file, but the keys.txt file doesn't ask for it. It stops at 0c. Should I still copy the 0d into the nut keys.txt file?
Doesn’t matter at the moment as no games are using the 0d master key…yet.

but yes, you might as well add the 0d too so it can handle new releases (when they start using the new keys.)
Edited;
the prod.keys file doesn't have a xci_header_key. Hope it's not needed!
Dunno…probably have to search GitHub or something for xci_header_key.

Last edited by binkinator,

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Doesn’t matter at the moment as no games are using the 0d master key…yet.

but yes, you might as well add the 0d too so it can handle new releases (when they start using the new keys.)

Ok, I don't have that error any more, but nut is still not working as it should.

Code:
$ python3 nut.py
loading blacklist /media/Storage/Nintendo/nut/nut/conf/blacklist.online.txt
loaded user guest
                        ,;:;;,
                       ;;;;;
               .=',    ;:;;:,
              /_', "=. ';:;:;
              @=:__,  \,;:;:'
                _(\.=  ;:;;'
               `"_(  _/="`
                `"'
fin

And that's all for today. I'll try more tomorrow! Sleep time here!
Thanks for the help, @binkinator

Maybe this is about the bug reported in github!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I don't have that error any more, but nut is still not working as it should.

Code:
$ python3 nut.py
loading blacklist /media/Storage/Nintendo/nut/nut/conf/blacklist.online.txt
loaded user guest
                        ,;:;;,
                       ;;;;;
               .=',    ;:;;:,
              /_', "=. ';:;:;
              @=:__,  \,;:;:'
                _(\.=  ;:;;'
               `"_(  _/="`
                `"'
fin

And that's all for today. I'll try more tomorrow! Sleep time here!
Thanks for the help, @binkinator

Maybe this is about the bug reported in github!

You bet man. We’ll get it.

tomorrow we need to check

1) Python requirements.txt are all fulfilled. https://github.com/blawar/nut/blob/master/requirements.txt
2) create conf/nut.conf using this template

Also, you probably want to fix the GUI version by running:

Code:
pip install sip --upgrade
pip install PyQt5-sip-sip --upgrade
* https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/issues/5435

megaphoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't hacked my switch yet but I have a simple question that I can't find an answer to

I have about 300 digital games, not all will fit on my sd card at once also. What do I do about This? Can I transfer them to pc during the hacking process to play them as backups? Am I out of luck unless I use pirated versions of the same game (which I don't want to do)? Or is there no real option other than when I get a new switch one day and logging into that to download them (just like how the ps4 and ps5 works). Or it's some thing that needs multiple sd cards?

I know it's simple enough with physical games, but is it possible with digital?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't hacked my switch yet but I have a simple question that I can't find an answer to

I have about 300 digital games, not all will fit on my sd card at once also. What do I do about This? Can I transfer them to pc during the hacking process to play them as backups?
Sure can. Use NXDumpTool to create a backup that you can store on your PC.
Am I out of luck unless I use pirated versions of the same game (which I don't want to do)? Or is there no real option other than when I get a new switch one day and logging into that to download them (just like how the ps4 and ps5 works). Or it's some thing that needs multiple sd cards?
multiple sd cards would work but the SD card reader is fragile and will eventually break with heavy use like that. Plus having to do updates on multiple cards…yuck.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have about 300 digital games, not all will fit on my sd card at once also. What do I do about This? Can I transfer them to pc during the hacking process to play them as backups? Am I out of luck unless I use pirated versions of the same game (which I don't want to do)? Or is there no real option other than when I get a new switch one day and logging into that to download them (just like how the ps4 and ps5 works). Or it's some thing that needs multiple sd cards?

when you create your emunand, anything on the sysnand will copy to the emunand. aside from that yea you could use homebrew to dump each game but tbh thats going to take a ridiculous amount of time(multiple days). your better off pirating the 300 games to keep on pc to install at your leisure. i mean, its not really even pirating if you own it lmao

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you create your emunand, anything on the sysnand will copy to the emunand. aside from that yea you could use homebrew to dump each game but tbh thats going to take a ridiculous amount of time(multiple days). your better off pirating the 300 games to keep on pc to install at your leisure. i mean, its not really even pirating if you own it lmao
I pondered that for a sec but figured there was no way he’d have 300 games stored in just 32G.

If you store everything on SD Card in Sysnand are those games available to an exact replica Emunand too? I guess I could try it, but if you already know…

megaphoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure can. Use NXDumpTool to create a backup that you can store on your PC.

multiple sd cards would work but the SD card reader is fragile and will eventually break with heavy use like that. Plus having to do updates on multiple cards…yuck.
So best to redownload my archived game icons and use that tool after hacking, right?

Oh yeah I get what you mean, I just don't want to lose access to what I bought. I was hoping ideally I could download most of them now, then hack it and during that process "transfer them to pc as backups" so I can play them on a hacked switch. And if I delete them, then I can redownload from pc instead of eshop

Worst case scenario, I can always wait for a switch 2 and redownload my purchased games on that so I probably shouldn't stress anyway Lol, right?

Last edited by megaphoenix,

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pondered that for a sec but figured there was no way he’d have 300 games stored in just 32G.

If you store everything on SD Card in Sysnand are those games available to an exact replica Emunand too? I guess I could try it, but if you already know…
installed games on sysnand are located in nintendo folder on sd card. typically only dlc/updates get stored on the 30gig nand (unless you specifically tell the switch to install games to it)

the tiles are, but you have to redirect a INI file on your sdcard. need to edit emuMMC\emummc.ini and change "nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo" to "nintendo_path=Nintendo"

Reactions: binkinator

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Depending on what you want to do with your switch when modded, you might not even need to do anything complicated, and can just continue to use the switch normally, just in cfw.

Emunand is mostly just needed if you want to use "backups" or any kind of nsp/xci homebrew.

If you just want to use homebrew apps like emulators, homebrew game ports, backup your savegames, or use system modules like sysdvr for streaming, sys-clk for over/under clocking or anything similar, that's not affecting online play, you can just use sysnand cfw, and go online with it.
It's what I'm doing for multiple years now, and what atmosphere is build for.
In this case just don't use an all in one pack with signature patches and/or tinfoil in it, don't cheat/romhack online, never enable prodinfo blanking/incognito on sysnand, and never ever install nsps/xcis to sysnand, especially not homebrew nsps/xcis.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
You bet man. We’ll get it.

tomorrow we need to check

1) Python requirements.txt are all fulfilled. https://github.com/blawar/nut/blob/master/requirements.txt
2) create conf/nut.conf using this template

Also, you probably want to fix the GUI version by running:

Code:
pip install sip --upgrade
pip install PyQt5-sip-sip --upgrade
* https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/issues/5435

Hi. Requirements were met. I installed them as instructions said and got no errors, as far as I could notice from the output.
About the gui part, I don't care much as I like the cli. I just tried it out of curiosity.

Later when I get home, I'll check about the config file.
Thanks

spanishnerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, how can I remove and block nintendo's update notifications permanently when running Atmosphere? I'm pretty sure I'm using the sdcard:/atmosphere/hosts/emummc.txt file that has the nintendo servers blocked, but it still comes in, and i don't want to screw up and update accidentally. I'm chainloading fusee as per the github posts asks because by using emuMMC i couldn't get tinfoil or any nsps to work at all. I'm also using the latest version of atmosphere.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Requirements were met. I installed them as instructions said and got no errors, as far as I could notice from the output.
About the gui part, I don't care much as I like the cli. I just tried it out of curiosity.

Later when I get home, I'll check about the config file.
Thanks

oh, ok then. For the CLI you will need to pass it an argument of what you want it to do. Nut will organize files by type and folder, start a nut server on port 9000, download updates, etc, etc. Check out the arguments to pass at around line 393 in nut.py.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, how can I remove and block nintendo's update notifications permanently when running Atmosphere? I'm pretty sure I'm using the sdcard:/atmosphere/hosts/emummc.txt file that has the nintendo servers blocked, but it still comes in, and i don't want to screw up and update accidentally. I'm chainloading fusee as per the github posts asks because by using emuMMC i couldn't get tinfoil or any nsps to work at all. I'm also using the latest version of atmosphere.

double check you’re blocking by installing and using 90DNS Tester. Should come back all green and stating Blocked.

Also check to make sure your system Serial number is blocked out by having a properly configured exosphere.ini file. https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

If you need to reset a game update alert try Goldleaf. Otherwise just download a backup of the appropriate update .nsp file for your -articulate game.

If it is a firmware update alert…we might have already said to much to Ninty.

Last edited by binkinator,

spanishnerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
double check you’re blocking by installing and using 90DNS Tester. Should come back all green and stating Blocked.

Also check to make sure your system Serial number is blocked out by having a properly configured exosphere.ini file. https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

If you need to reset a game update alert try Goldleaf. Otherwise just download a backup of the appropriate update .nsp file for your -articulate game.

If it is a firmware update alert…we might have already said to much to Ninty.

yeah, it's definitely a firmware update notification, which is weird because as of right now it's running 14.1.0. I tried factory resetting the console and i'm gonna redo the whole guide again in case i might have messed something up... hope it will stop that way.

I still keep my legitimate non touched switch that I can't RCM around here, and it's also running 14.1.0, i tried updating and it says it's the latest version... idk what the deal is with the other one wanting to update despite having the latest as well.
wow whoops sorry for the multipost

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...