poketop21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Strange... can you try this release?

https://github.com/dezem/TegraExplorer/releases/tag/4.1.0

I would have assumed that the following releases should have been compatible with oled as well, if they aren't though then there must have been some kind of regression that we'll have to let them know about.
YESSSSS TEGRAEXPLORER WORKS!!! Thank you Takokeshi for your help
20220507_005936.jpg

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey new to modding I was wondering if there is a good way to install something like retroarch so that I can access it from the main menu I read about changing it to an nsp or using something called ulaunch or something called forwarder and I am not sure what the drawbacks/problems of these things are
I trust you found this guy:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gui-for-nsp-forwarder-tool-for-12.588018/

which is a front end for this guy:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fw-12-nsp-forwarder-thread.588327/
oops…I mean THIS guy:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsp-forwarder-tool-for-12.587936/

Last edited by binkinator,

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
So I have updated my Nintendo Switch (Launch version) to 14.1.1|AMS 1.3.2|E. And I have updated the sigpatches via "All-In-One Switch Updater" and have chosen to override all the files. But now when I install a new game, let's say, Kirby. It will be corrupted instantly when I try to load/boot the game.

I have no clue what to do. The last updates went fine and I did it the same way, installed the firmware via Daybreak. And updated Atmosphere by overwriting it on my sd-card with the new release. I have no clue what to do and I hope someone can help me.

Also I have a NAND backup, so if I need to start from scratch. I can. If someone helps me that is.

Thanks in advance!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have updated my Nintendo Switch (Launch version) to 14.1.1|AMS 1.3.2|E. And I have updated the sigpatches via "All-In-One Switch Updater" and have chosen to override all the files. But now when I install a new game, let's say, Kirby. It will be corrupted instantly when I try to load/boot the game.

I have no clue what to do. The last updates went fine and I did it the same way, installed the firmware via Daybreak. And updated Atmosphere by overwriting it on my sd-card with the new release. I have no clue what to do and I hope someone can help me.

Also I have a NAND backup, so if I need to start from scratch. I can. If someone helps me that is.

Thanks in advance!
First things first, never EVER use the "All-In-One Switch Updater". Its notoriously been known to cause many issues and should be avoided at all costs. With that PSA out of the way, your only solution is ironically what you should have done in the first place which is to update everything manually because there is less risk in updating your files without using an application. Since its your games giving you an issue, I recommend you to download the latest patches from this thread.

Reactions: binkinator

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
First things first, never EVER use the "All-In-One Switch Updater". Its notoriously been known to cause many issues and should be avoided at all costs. With that PSA out of the way, your only solution is ironically what you should have done in the first place which is to update everything manually because there is less risk in updating your files without using an application. Since its your games giving you an issue, I recommend you to download the latest patches from this thread.
Thanks for reaching out. Let me clearify I have updated manually. I only used that AIO app for the sigpatches. I could not find them when I searched so it was because of wanted to proceed with the update. I also used a 'just works' hekate-ipl.ini, but I have no clue if that can be the reason nothing works anymore? And thanks for that link, I will use those updates to manual update the sigpatches now. Let's hope it works.

-EDIT-
@Draxzelex Thank you again for that SigPatches link. It all works now. And I have deleted the AIO, since I know all the links for the manual updates now :)

Last edited by Karoi,

realbout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi there,

i've got a 'new' switch here. I want to "activate" the online user account in Atmosphere CFW, so i can play MudRunner in local wifi. The last time i made this was Kefir the only option. But i remember from reading here that there is another way to activate an account - where and how is it?

Thanks in advance B-)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

i've got a 'new' switch here. I want to "activate" the online user account in Atmosphere CFW, so i can play MudRunner in local wifi. The last time i made this was Kefir the only option. But i remember from reading here that there is another way to activate an account - where and how is it?

Thanks in advance B-)
Are you talking about “linking“ a CFW only account like Linkalho?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @binkinator
For now i use AvS dual boot with Atmos 0.19.5 ans SXOS 3.1.0b V1 Switch . Atmos & sxos have theire proper emunand.
You said you have upgraded to Atmos 1.3.0 & sxos 3.1.0b, and that's exactly i want to do.
Good deal. It is absolutely achievable. We will walk you through it.
First, i've prepared my SD card like that :
  • Download AsV from github (Atmosphere-Vs-Sxos) (emunand No Auto boot.dat + the sd card setup files from oxley192)
  • Install all on my sdcard
  • Migrate emunand for atmos (have sxos emunand)
  • recopy sxos emunand (to have 2 separate emunand )
All working well, and know i would like to upgrade atmos 1.3.0 .
so everything works 100% at this point? We need to make sure before we go on to the next step. Let’s be sure to fix any errors before we add new things.
So I have done:
  • Download Atmos 1.3.0 zip + fusee.bin (install all into Atmosphere folder)
  • Download sigpatch 1.1.1 FW13.0.0 zip (install under root sdcard)

When boot, i select Atmosphere, but i have error (boot)
what is the exact words of the error that you see when you try to boot?
1st question : Is my install i done is OK ? Maybe i've forget something .

I'll capture my error screenshot if neded.
Anyway, thanks blinkinator for your help.
1st question : Is my install i done is OK ? Maybe i've forget something .

I'll capture my error screenshot if neded.
Anyway, thanks blinkinator for your help.

@tlfrance

Moving this conversation over here. I hope you don’t mind.

yes, please send a screenshot of the error. We will figure out what is going on with this upgrade. I just need to get a feel for where we are before we move forward. 😀

Skretchy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I trust you found this guy:
link

which is a front end for this guy:
link
oops…I mean THIS guy:
link
Sorry but I do not quite understand this is just links talking about forwarder but I was asking about the pros/cons of this and another 2 options I am guessing I should look more into forwarders? And as I don`t natively speak english what does it mean to be a front end for someone?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but I do not quite understand this is just links talking about forwarder but I was asking about the pros/cons of this and another 2 options I am guessing I should look more into forwarders?
yes, Forwarder is likely what you want. A Forwarder will “convert” an nro into an nsp. Installing the .nsp file you create will make a icon on your Home Screen that will launch retro arch.
And as I don`t natively speak english what does it mean to be a front end for someone?
Not a problem. A front end is simply a graphical user interface for a less user friendly application. It makes complex tools easier to use. The first link is the easy front end. The last link is the more complex backend. Hope that helps.

e: this is another tool that will do nro forward for you…
https://github.com/dezem/SAK

Last edited by binkinator,

Skenks

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi there,
currently have a Switch version 10.2.0|AMS 0.16.2|E and I would like to install the latest firmware 14.1.1 available.
Is there a procedure to follow? can you kindly tell me which steps should I follow?

I did not understand if I must first update the sysnand using the normal method (ie downloading the update from the nintendo servers) and then update the emunand with Daybreak and then update Atmosphere?
I would like to prevent my switch from being blocked.
The console is blocked to the Internet using both 90 DNS and Incognito

Thanks a lot.

Cygis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious how safe it would be for me to modify one of my Sysnand save files so that I can transfer Pokémon that I created through PkHex to Pokémon Home. My process would be to boot into Syscfw (offline) and then use JKSV to backup and restore the save file and then boot back into my stock Sysnand. Is there a ban risk since I’m modifying Sysnand stuff?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
currently have a Switch version 10.2.0|AMS 0.16.2|E and I would like to install the latest firmware 14.1.1 available.
Is there a procedure to follow? can you kindly tell me which steps should I follow?

I did not understand if I must first update the sysnand using the normal method (ie downloading the update from the nintendo servers) and then update the emunand with Daybreak and then update Atmosphere?
I would like to prevent my switch from being blocked.
The console is blocked to the Internet using both 90 DNS and Incognito

Thanks a lot.

Here is a good place to start. There is a lot of good info throughout the doc. Read, read, read!
https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

To block Ninty you will need to start here:
https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

This page has next steps specific to your situation:
https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious how safe it would be for me to modify one of my Sysnand save files so that I can transfer Pokémon that I created through PkHex to Pokémon Home. My process would be to boot into Syscfw (offline) and then use JKSV to backup and restore the save file and then boot back into my stock Sysnand. Is there a ban risk since I’m modifying Sysnand stuff?

Everything aside From pure Nintendo software is a ban risk. Some risks are very low (such as running CFW on Sysnand offline to run homebrew), others are a bit riskier (doing the previous action and modifying a save file with JKSV) while others will get you banned quickly (such as installing games you don’t own and going online without dns:mitm and exosphere). These are not hard and fast rules (well, maybe that last one) and things are subject to change.

so, will you get banned for modifying Sysnand. Probably not but, even then, if you hack your save file Pokémon in an illegal fashion and go online you still might get burned for cheating even though you were safe otherwise.

there is a dedicated Switch Ban Hub with other user’s experience that you might want to binge read…

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/

Reactions: Takokeshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1