Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recommend emunand…if a grenade blows up (brickware, mistake, whatever) it happens in a fake nand rather than your real ground zero. Yiu might change your mind later about going online or want to sell a pristine switch. You never know…
Brill thanks, been reading for a while now and it's coming back to me lol..

Am I correct that I should first update Sysnand to 14.1.1, then take a nand dump of that to create the emunand? Not planning on going online at all.

Is Daybreak ok to update as well, read something that worries me:
Daybreak is for dirty sysMMC's/emuMMC's that don't connect to the internet, are already banned, or have 90DNS/Incognito installed.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/why-use-daybreak-to-update-firmware.583839/post-9638721

Currently using Sysnand 11.0.0 with autorcm enabled (updated via ChoiDujourNX).

Aglae Pheryl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Is there a save state process when running Atmo ? I am trying to complete the very last level of Captain Toad and I would like to save the state at some point so that I don't have to restart from scratch ?

Thanks.

BTW, I remember setting up a "game site' in tinfoil at some point but I don't recall where I set it up or what discord channel I got it from (if someone could pm me on this (not on the thread please as I believe it may be considered illegal).

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brill thanks, been reading for a while now and it's coming back to me lol..

Am I correct that I should first update Sysnand to 14.1.1, then take a nand dump of that to create the emunand? Not planning on going online at all.
no need…take the snapshot of your Sysnand where it stands and never touch it again. If you’re absolutely certain you’re clean and are dying to upgrade you can just use Ninty servers to upgrade your Sysnand. Keep it 100% legit.
Is Daybreak ok to update as well, read something that worries me:

Daybreak is for dirty sysMMC's/emuMMC's that don't connect to the internet, are already banned, or have 90DNS/Incognito installed.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/why-use-daybreak-to-update-firmware.583839/post-9638721
Yes, use Daybreak on the new emunand you just created. Choi hasn’t been upgraded in a while and can cause issues.
Currently using Sysnand 11.0.0 with autorcm enabled (updated via ChoiDujourNX).
Here’s my personal favorite guide. There are others that are good too but this one makes the most sense to me: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no need…take the snapshot of your Sysnand where it stands and never touch it again. If you’re absolutely certain you’re clean and are dying to upgrade you can just use Ninty servers to upgrade your Sysnand. Keep it 100% legit.

Yes, use Daybreak on the new emunand you just created. Choi hasn’t been upgraded in a while and can cause issues.

Here’s my personal favorite guide. There are others that are good too but this one makes the most sense to me: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Awesome thank you, got a larger sdcard coming tomorrow so will setup over the weekend. Appreciate the help!

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Is there a save state process when running Atmo ? I am trying to complete the very last level of Captain Toad and I would like to save the state at some point so that I don't have to restart from scratch ?

Thanks.
There are game saves but no game states that I’m aware of. Here’s some reasoning…

https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-ther...re-i-am-in-the-game-not-the-save-file.577067/

There are some dudes in that thread that know wtf they’re talking about so Imma say: final answer

BTW, I remember setting up a "game site' in tinfoil at some point but I don't recall where I set it up or what discord channel I got it from (if someone could pm me on this (not on the thread please as I believe it may be considered illegal).
The most recent shops were tracked by Luffshop by carcaschoi but recently most of the shops got taken out by he change in how Google Drives work (no more free .edu accounts.) The remaining option is tits pro but you’re correct…we don’t link to piracy here. :-)

Last edited by binkinator,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been using exfat since sx days, now in atmosphere for awhile still using exfat no problems. any reason to change to fat32
Yes because everyone who has experienced corruption with exFAT have always said at one point that they never had issues but one day, they eventually experienced corruption and had to switch to FAT32. When it comes to corruption with exFAT, its only a matter of time until it happens. Save yourself the headache now and switch to using FAT32 before you regret it in the future. Nobody recommends using exFAT.
can i use multiple cfws with my emunand ? if yes can someone point me to a guide or something TIA, as my friend modded my switch and kept the sysnand ofw and shallowsea cfw emunand, i would like to run atmos cfw
The answer to your question is yes but you are technically already running Atmosphere as your CFW. Shallowsea is the name of a package, not a CFW; its a package of Atmosphere plus Hekate and some homebrew applications. You aren't running a CFW that is different from Atmosphere. In fact, the only other available CFW is SX OS which isn't recommended to be using anymore since it no longer supports any firmware past 11

gemeos496

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a Nintendo Switch with Atmosphere unlock in the latest version, my SD card had two partitions, I formatted the card and now I only have one partition, I copied the contents of the partition (emuMMC, Nintendo, etc) to the PC how do I recover the game saves?

gemeos496

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a Nintendo Switch with Atmosphere unlock in the latest version, my SD card had two partitions, I formatted the card and now I only have one partition, I copied the contents of the partition (emuMMC, Nintendo, etc) to the PC how do I recover the game saves?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NxNandManager is your friend.

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I need some help!!
I started with a Switch Lite, chip installed, sxos 3.1.0 and FW 11.0.
All i wanted to do was migrate to Atmosphere and have gotten something screwed up.
Now all i can do is boot into Hekate. I can not even boot into OFW. I have a backup
file that was made before installing sxos. It consists of (boot0.bin boot1.bin full.00.bin-full.07.bin)
What do I need to do to be able to restore my sysnand? Can Hekate restore a sxos File?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I need some help!!
I started with a Switch Lite, chip installed, sxos 3.1.0 and FW 11.0.
All i wanted to do was migrate to Atmosphere and have gotten something screwed up.
Now all i can do is boot into Hekate. I can not even boot into OFW. I have a backup
file that was made before installing sxos. It consists of (boot0.bin boot1.bin full.00.bin-full.07.bin)
What do I need to do to be able to restore my sysnand? Can Hekate restore a sxos File?
1) breathe. Your Sysnand is probably just fine. Besides, you have backups. You’re better off than most.
2) what guide did you use?
3) post your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) breathe. Your Sysnand is probably just fine. Besides, you have backups. You’re better off than most.
2) what guide did you use?
3) post your

MIGRATING FROM THE SX OS TO ATMOSPHERE by STHETIX​

unsure on the /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file I formatted my sd card and used STHETIX HATS pack
so now it shows
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=2
autonogc=0
updater2p=1

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MIGRATING FROM THE SX OS TO ATMOSPHERE by STHETIX​

unsure on the /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file I formatted my sd card and used STHETIX HATS pack
so now it shows
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=2
autonogc=0
updater2p=1

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

I’ve not used HATS yet…going to download it and see what all it does.

Can you see the package3 file under the /atmosphere/ directory?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both but go with the HATS (not the combo)
I have only used STHETIX videos for anything ive done
I like sthetix. He’s a good guy and gives a lot to the community.

Are you getting an error like this after selecting a Launch option in Hekate?

image.jpg
E: I’m creating a new partition based Emunand using the emuMMC tool in Hekate right now but figured this might be something that could trip someone up.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 309714
here are some of the errors i get. but when i try to boot into OFW i just get a black screen.

Well heck…I just dropped it on mine and…it just works. The build is good. It’s gotta be on your end… :-(

image.jpg

I think we need to test your sd card to make sure it’s not failing using h2testw

Then format it FAT32 using rufus

Then download HATS again (just to be sure) and try again…

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well heck…I just dropped it on mine and…it just works. The build is good. It’s gotta be on your end… :-(

View attachment 309715

I think we need to test your sd card to make sure it’s not failing using h2testw

Then format it FAT32 using rufus

Then download HATS again (just to be sure) and try again…
i will try as soon as i get off work. could I have deleted OFW some how? i tried putting sxos boot back on and i cant even get sxos to come back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...