Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Homebrew typically goes in the /switch directory which will only come in to play while under CFW.

Check out this documentation for more background:

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Post automatically merged:
I have one more question. The guides tend to mention that FAT32 is better, but I know that files larger than 4GB won't work - What about stuff from my SYSNAND files such as ACNH that are much larger than the 4GB?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one more question. The guides tend to mention that FAT32 is better, but I know that files larger than 4GB won't work - What about stuff from my SYSNAND files such as ACNH that are much larger than the 4GB?

You can do usb install via a computer which ignore the 4GB rules even on FAT32.

What is hothis 3 ? And yes, I downloaded from that link.

Crap! Have to try to download and copy the bin file to the folder again!

You can grab HATS pack in the future if you want, it is a pre-assembled pack

https://github.com/sthetix/HATS/releases/tag/1.4.0

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: AQS and HelloShitty

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks binkinator for showing me where to go.
I tested my card, no errors was found.
Its a sony 128GB I1 card, rated at 90MByte/s, and in copying files from sd to HDD is maintained around 85-90MByte/s.

H2testw v1.4 test info:
Warning: Only 72167 of 89728 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 16.1 MByte/s
Reading speed: 82.2 MByte/s

So it seems ok, the problem is that the boot of the switch and start of games etc compared to my other switch with sysnand is WAY slower. up to 3 times the boot is fairly normal. Unsure why.
Like normally when you press to start a game you instantly get to choose what user to play. On this device your sitting there for 6 seconds wondering if you really pressed the button before the user choice pops up!
Good news that your SDCard checks out and we can eliminate it from the potential problems.
Do you have an /atmosphere/contents directory? If so, try to move/rename it to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot to test. What we’re doing here is temporarily taking any sys modules out of the equation. Please let us know if that helps at all.

All homebrews and the Switch itself are aware of the limit and typically store large files as 4G splits like <file>00, <file>01, <file>02…and so on to work around the 4G limit.

FAT32 drivers are less prone to corruption on a Switch vs exfat. Ninty aps are careful about stopping while writing to disk…easy to do with a single function machine. homebrew and other add ons from the community on the other hand are much more likely to be writing when interrupted which corrupts exfat file systems. Strongly advised to use FAT32!

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Hayato213

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
You can do usb install via a computer which ignore the 4GB rules even on FAT32.
That's with Tinfoil's PC Client, right?
Good news that your SDCard checks out and we can eliminate it from the potential problems.
Do you have an /atmosphere/contents directory? If so, try to move/rename it to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot to test. What we’re doing here is temporarily taking any sys modules out of the equation. Please let us know if that helps at all.

All homebrews and the Switch itself are aware of the limit and typically store large files as 4G splits like <file>00, <file>01, <file>02…and so on to work around the 4G limit.

FAT32 drivers are less prone to corruption on a Switch vs exfat. Ninty aps are careful about stopping while writing to disk…easy to do with a single function machine. homebrew and other add ons from the community on the other hand are much more likely to be writing when interrupted which corrupts exfat file systems. Strongly advised to use FAT32!
What I meant is like backing up the official nintendo files from the original SD card before formatting.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I just used this tut to update to 15.0.0:

I think I did everything right (add 15.0.0 to the MicroSD, overwrite Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches to the last versions) , but don't know how to perform the last step. At 2:50 the guy says I should boot back into my CFW using fusee.bin.
How?????
I bought my Switch in a modded state, so someone else hacked it for me. I don't know how to use the fusee.bin. I think there is a trinket chip inside my Switch. What to do?
Actually I am stuck on the second last step, because I did not yet install the firmware 15.0.0 using Daybreak. Waiting for someone to help me installing fusee.bin first.

Thanks!

Videos are tough to troubleshoot and prone to being out of date (and not updatable).

This guide covers what you need to do with fusee.bin: https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

(hint, you need to download the matching one from the Atmosphere github and place it in /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's with Tinfoil's PC Client, right?
Tinfoil has a PC server called nut.exe that serves up full size NSP and XCI much larger than 4G, and a Switch client that is FAT32 aware and will install the files safely on your SDCard using file splitting.
What I meant is like backing up the official nintendo files from the original SD card before formatting.
You will backup the files directly from the SDCard. You don’t need to worry about file size. Use Hekate to backup your Sysnand and/or Emunand and regular Windows to backup your FAT32 partition.

bptbptbpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@binkinator
Thanks for your reply. I placed the fusee.bin in the /bootloader/payloads/ folder
Should I run it now on my Switch as a payload?

This is what the page you mentioned says:

1. Move fusee.bin to /bootloader/payloads/.
    • If you inject fusee.bin with a payload injector, then update the payload on your injector.
How do I perform that last step? On my Switch? ON the Hekate menu (choosing "Payloads")?

Last edited by bptbptbpt,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator
Thanks for your reply. I placed the fusee.bin in the /bootloader/payloads/ folder
Should I run it now on my Switch as a payload?

This is what the page you mentioned says:

1. Move fusee.bin to /bootloader/payloads/.
    • If you inject fusee.bin with a payload injector, then update the payload on your injector.
How do I perform that last step? On my Switch? ON the Hekate menu (choosing "Payloads")?
please post your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file. It will be there where we point to fusee.bin (if not done already)

bptbptbpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@binkinator , This is the .ini:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator , This is the .ini:
Cool.

First, make a backup of your hekate_ipl.ini file (I copy it to hektate_ipl.ini.good but you can call it whatever you want)

Then change this stanza in your original file:
[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
to read:
[CFW - emuMMC]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
The second line is the key...

Now reboot and when Hekate comes up go to Launch and select CFW - emuMMC

You should be good to go if everything has been done correctly up to this point...

bptbptbpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@binkinator
I did it. I changed the ini, and the Switch started like it does normally. I then used Daybreak to install firmware 15.0.0 (that was what it was all about). I rebooted afterwards.

But... When I press Launch / CFW - emuMMC now, it says:

"Panic occured while running atmosphere. Title ID: [long code]. Error: [ long code]
Report saved to [save path]
Press power to continue.

When I press power I go back to the hekate menu.

I am almost sure I did everything right. The only doubt I am having are the sig files, I am not sure if these are the right ones.
What can I do?

EDIT:
I read on a Reddit post that I should remove the fodler with the error ID on my SD card. I did that and rebooted. All seems fine now!

Pff this was not the easiest update process.
Thank you for your help, Binkinator!

Last edited by bptbptbpt,
  • Love
Reactions: binkinator

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
1667739615030.png

That's what I'm using and screen is dead black!.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator
I did it. I changed the ini, and the Switch started like it does normally. I then used Daybreak to install firmware 15.0.0 (that was what it was all about). I rebooted afterwards.

But... When I press Launch / CFW - emuMMC now, it says:

"Panic occured while running atmosphere. Title ID: [long code]. Error: [ long code]
Report saved to [save path]
Press power to continue.

When I press power I go back to the hekate menu.

I am almost sure I did everything right. The only doubt I am having are the sig files, I am not sure if these are the right ones.
What can I do?

EDIT:
I read on a Reddit post that I should remove the fodler with the error ID on my SD card. I did that and rebooted. All seems fine now!

Pff this was not the easiest update process.
Thank you for your help, Binkinator!

Keep a bookmark for this link:
(It will be much easier next time. Takes me about 5 mins including download time.)

Glad you’re sorted! Enjoy your Switch!

View attachment 336039
That's what I'm using and screen is dead black!.

Well hell, that look precisely correct. Have you tried booting it directly via your injector?

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Keep a bookmark for this link:
(It will be much easier next time. Takes me about 5 mins including download time.)

Glad you’re sorted! Enjoy your Switch!

Well hell, that look precisely correct. Have you tried booting it directly via your injector?
The only way I know to do this is via Hekate! What injector are you referring to?

Last edited by HelloShitty,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be either one.
That first part I did in the beginning when I first modded the console, was done literaly by spoonfeeding me each step, so I don't know very well the proccess, but yes, I have an emuNAND.
Don't we have to have one when we mod the console (OLED here)?

Got the OLED assumption from this post.

Reactions: SylverReZ

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the OLED assumption from this post.
Ungh. OK. Thank you!
The only way I know to do this is via Hekate! What injector are you referring to?

OLED may have an open issue.

https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/issues/53

Try with this one:
https://github.com/dezem/TegraExplorer/releases/tag/4.4.0

Also try with new prod.keys from this release of lockpick_RCM:
https://github.com/dezem/Lockpick_RCM/releases/tag/pre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.