Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, I`ve picked up my unpatched Switch (v1, FW11.0.1 with atmo version from that time all setup using hekate) after a long time and I have updated the apps in hbstore and installed a few new which lead to a "Panic occurred while running Atmosphere" during the next boot. Based on some googling I proceeded by deleting the content folder on my sd card and now when I try to boot I just get the atmo boot screens and eventually only black screen. Any idea what that is?

I was planning to update the whole thing to the current FW+atmo and apparently there has been some changes (fusee_primary replaced by fusee...), is there any good guide to follow for the upgrade or do I need to start from the scratch, update the original FW in the console and go the usual way of creating emunand etc.?

thanks a lot!
At this point, I'd recommend deleting the /atmosphere folder on your SD card and downloading a new one from the official GitHub page.
@Draxzelex yes the home menu that but my switch always stops at the Nintendo logo and does nothing else
What was the last thing you did with your console before this problem started happening?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you hit reply you don’t have to @ your response. Much nicer for you. :-)

68D91069-26D9-4352-9C73-EFC244F00BE7.jpeg

Reactions: Draxzelex

Poke_Rad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am trying to install two games, that are new, Frontiers (XCI) and Scarlet (NSP). On Awoo-Installer but I get the Error Code: 0x001fb402 , according to the Issues page on Awoo's GitHub, it has to do with sigpatches, could anyone point me in the right direction of getting those sigpatches?

Also another noob question, I have 15.0.0/AMS and 1.4.0/E would I have to update those or just my sigpatches?

Thank you.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am trying to install two games, that are new, Frontiers (XCI) and Scarlet (NSP). On Awoo-Installer but I get the Error Code: 0x001fb402 , according to the Issues page on Awoo's GitHub, it has to do with sigpatches, could anyone point me in the right direction of getting those sigpatches?

Also another noob question, I have 15.0.0/AMS and 1.4.0/E would I have to update those or just my sigpatches?

Thank you.

Your firmware and Atmosphere are fine. you could technically upgrade FW to 15.0.1 but there’s nothing that requires you to do so as it was only a minor bump.

Grab Sigpatches from here:

Sigpatches (GBATemp)

South Cape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I really hope someone can help me cause I'm kinda spiraling and am about to go on a long trip tomorrow.
So, I woke up this morning to my Switch being on the "Cannot load SD card" screen of (I think) Hekate. It looks like my SD card is totally dead and i have no way of getting into it.

I have an EmuMMC that I think was partition-based (definitely not file based), and I have a Nand backup with BOOT0 and BOOT1 that I created when I originally was setting up the SD, EmuMMC, etc. It looks like I'll basically have to use another SD card cause this one is donezo.

But I want to know if I can still have access to my old user account/my saves once i set up a new SD card with EmuMMC. I didn't get my prodkeys before this happened, unfortunately.
So basically: if I set up EmuMMC on a new card with my backup will I have lost all my saves? Or will restoring my backup kind of "let me in" to the same user account as before so i can get my saves?

And if not, if anyone has any ways to get my saves somehow i would love to hear it. I've been scouring the net and can't find anything so far.

NullRora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I have a question that I know may not have a *known* answer.

I have two switches. One is hacked, with emu nand and with the sys being clean and unbanned. I have even used the dump tool on sys to dump some of my games to use for emulation. This has not banned me.

My question is this: is it possible for me to pull a save from my Emunand through say, JKSV and then restore it on my Sysnand.
Then from THERE use the save transfer tool to move that save to my non hacked switch through the safe transfer you can do with most games, and not get my unbanned switch, banned? I suppose it would depend if using the save restore function on sysnand will dirty it or not. My nintendo account is linked to both switches. I know there's probably not a 100% answer for this, but I figured I'd ask for opinions. I was considering transferring my pokemon save to my actual switch to continue playing (but with the added benefit of online features.) once the proper release day comes around. The save itself hasn't been hacked in any way (Via cheats, etc)

Any thoughts to digest on if I should try it or not would be appreciated.

Plermpel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,
I finally manged to mod my OLED Switch as a complete newbie.
Now I did not back up the sysMMC, since I was completly clueless.
Is there any way to revert all the changes I did, so I can play online on that switch again?
The Switch was used, so it has been online before, but I did not go online with the CFW.

cdanil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey,
I have first generation switch that I installed cfw on (hekate/atmosphere/rcm) on a year ago. I was dumb enough to not go for the emuMMC and install cfw on the sysMMC to save SD card space. I did a sysNAND backup, but it's gone due to hard drive failure (dumb again).

Is there a way to copy the sysMMC to emuMMC, continue using CFW but also clean up sysMMC somehow so I can buy and play Splatoon 3 online on a clean sysMMC?

I'm not the greatest at this stuff so I'd appreciate any input on my options here. Thanks.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an homebrew or a way (like a plugin) to send a discord rich presence and say what game is currently running?
There seems to be quite a few projects

https://github.com/search?o=desc&q=switch+discord&s=updated&type=Repositories

this one is a homebrew that runs on your Switch and reports to an external app:
https://github.com/SunResearchInstitute/SwitchPresence-Rewritten
(requires this client fork due to FW updates not being maintained in the original?)
https://github.com/Pusheon/PresenceClient-Rewritten/releases/tag/2.0

e: these seem to be recently maintained but are external apps that query Ninty servers…may not be in the spirit of what you are asking for on a hacked switch:

https://github.com/samuelthomas2774/nxapi

https://github.com/ninstar/Rich-Presence-U

https://github.com/MCMi460/NSO-RPC

https://github.com/hobby-grade/Nintendo-Switch-Discord-Status

I’ve not tried any of these (but I will try them out.)

be mindful of the discord terms and services
Post automatically merged:

Hey,
I have first generation switch that I installed cfw on (hekate/atmosphere/rcm) on a year ago. I was dumb enough to not go for the emuMMC and install cfw on the sysMMC to save SD card space. I did a sysNAND backup, but it's gone due to hard drive failure (dumb again).

Is there a way to copy the sysMMC to emuMMC, continue using CFW but also clean up sysMMC somehow so I can buy and play Splatoon 3 online on a clean sysMMC?

I'm not the greatest at this stuff so I'd appreciate any input on my options here. Thanks.

If you have never taken you Switch online since you hacked it, you could try Haku33. As with anything there are risks. In this case your logs and system state will change from what Ninty has seen before but to be clear, if they’ve seen you before this whole thing may be moot point.

Hi,
I finally manged to mod my OLED Switch as a complete newbie.
Now I did not back up the sysMMC, since I was completly clueless.
Is there any way to revert all the changes I did, so I can play online on that switch again?
The Switch was used, so it has been online before, but I did not go online with the CFW.
Weird timing.

https://github.com/StarDustCFW/Haku33

See caveats in the above comment.

Hey! I have a question that I know may not have a *known* answer.

I have two switches. One is hacked, with emu nand and with the sys being clean and unbanned. I have even used the dump tool on sys to dump some of my games to use for emulation. This has not banned me.

My question is this: is it possible for me to pull a save from my Emunand through say, JKSV and then restore it on my Sysnand.
Then from THERE use the save transfer tool to move that save to my non hacked switch through the safe transfer you can do with most games, and not get my unbanned switch, banned? I suppose it would depend if using the save restore function on sysnand will dirty it or not. My nintendo account is linked to both switches. I know there's probably not a 100% answer for this, but I figured I'd ask for opinions. I was considering transferring my pokemon save to my actual switch to continue playing (but with the added benefit of online features.) once the proper release day comes around. The save itself hasn't been hacked in any way (Via cheats, etc)

Any thoughts to digest on if I should try it or not would be appreciated.
This would absolutely work from a technical perspective. Just going Online with CFW is not what gets you.

The author of Atmosphere uses it Online regularly as it was designed for this. The issue will be when you forget and install an NSP or have an Online cheat turned on.

Then you’re busted.

If you’re not modifying Online game saves, as in only modding single player games, and not trying to cheat Online, or change avatars to unauthorized pics, there are folks who claim to do this without getting banned.

That said, everything has a risk. This is your call at end of day.

e:
Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!

I really hope someone can help me cause I'm kinda spiraling and am about to go on a long trip tomorrow.
So, I woke up this morning to my Switch being on the "Cannot load SD card" screen of (I think) Hekate. It looks like my SD card is totally dead and i have no way of getting into it.

I have an EmuMMC that I think was partition-based (definitely not file based), and I have a Nand backup with BOOT0 and BOOT1 that I created when I originally was setting up the SD, EmuMMC, etc. It looks like I'll basically have to use another SD card cause this one is donezo.

But I want to know if I can still have access to my old user account/my saves once i set up a new SD card with EmuMMC. I didn't get my prodkeys before this happened, unfortunately.
So basically: if I set up EmuMMC on a new card with my backup will I have lost all my saves? Or will restoring my backup kind of "let me in" to the same user account as before so i can get my saves?

And if not, if anyone has any ways to get my saves somehow i would love to hear it. I've been scouring the net and can't find anything so far.

try something like this:

Recuva — recover damaged data from a corrupt disk

and if successful take a look here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: South Cape

NullRora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response. I'd quote you, but it would cause a very large post. My being on mobile currently makes editing it down a pain. Haha. My main concern is if the cloud save service or whatnot could trip and flag a ban. By restoring a save.

I've used CFW on sysnand enough to dump games and such that I'd be willing to risk it if i had any info on possible detection caused by the cloud save system. Honestly I'd even consider a ban after already accomplishing this goal a win, if a bittersweet one. Makes me wonder if the transfer could implicate the unhackable switch for a ban too. Unless I learn even a little more in favor of, I'll probably avoid the attempt, as much as I'd prefer not to!

Last edited by NullRora,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one