Hacking Question Switch not powering off correctly, even from SX OS boot menu (SX OS 2.0.1)

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, I'm on SX OS 2.0.1.
My Switch seems to not power off correctly.

After updating to 2.0.1 I've started powering off the console from the normal Switch menu instead of going back to the SX OS boot menu, because I've read the problem with the AutoRMC was finally solved.
But I kept noticing the battery going down to 20-25% of its charge after a night , and so I became suspicious. Last night I tried powering it off from the SX OS boot menu and leave it like this for the night. This morning I went to check, and as soon as I inserted the dongle the console booted up. And it had lost around 20-25% of the charge.

I think powering off from the SX OS boot menu worked fine before updating to 2.XX, but I could be wrong (recently I've started using the Switch more as a portable console).

I'm not sure what to think.
Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed?

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm on SX OS 2.0.1.
My Switch seems to not power off correctly.

After updating to 2.0.1 I've started powering off the console from the normal Switch menu instead of going back to the SX OS boot menu, because I've read the problem with the AutoRMC was finally solved.
But I kept noticing the battery going down to 20-25% of its charge after a night , and so I became suspicious. Last night I tried powering it off from the SX OS boot menu and leave it like this for the night. This morning I went to check, and as soon as I inserted the dongle the console booted up. And it had lost around 20-25% of the charge.

I think powering off from the SX OS boot menu worked fine before updating to 2.XX, but I could be wrong (recently I've started using the Switch more as a portable console).

I'm not sure what to think.
Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed?

Your switch will trigger an attempted reboot 12 seconds after powering off. If you are autoRCM, this will keep your console in RCM, flattening your battery.

Solutions are to keep your dongle plugged in for 12 seconds after shutdown

Or disable autoRCM.

There is no fix for this to my knowledge.

Reactions: LysergCooltyp

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you for the explanation.
I'm doing some tests. Do I remember correctly the Switch will turn on every time you plug something in the USB-C port?

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This puts me in a bit of a pickle, because what I usually do (before bedtime) is turning off the console, putting it in its dock, and leave it there for the night - but with the power strip off (so that the multimedia center doesn't consume electricity while not being used).
What is left for me to check (unless someone already has the answer) is if the dock turns the Switch on even if the electrical power is cut off...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...