Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well my theory was debunked. lol

https://twitter.com/Stealth___/status/805583301104861185

"As you can see. This female character is NOT wearing the same thing as Link. It is not just a female Link."

Cy4BqNNUsAAQN2U.jpg:large
we see them together later in the same video
not a female link but zelda obviously

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I'm hoping it'll just follow the usual 'tradition', male link, slight romance with female Zelda, loads of adventure.

If there is a female char option, it won't really bother me as long as I can use the male one, but even so, it'd be quite lame to change the game's tradition like that. It'd mess the whole romance thing that most Zeldas have.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My theory is that the girl is link reincarnated into royal blood. In essence, the current link does not possess his original soul.
All this is too complicated. Simply saying Link reincarnated into two people or she was just chosen to share the Triforce of Courage. Similar to how Windwaker Link was chosen, would be easier.

There is no indication at this point. And maybe the girl have the triforce of Wisdom and that is enough to beat Ganon.
If she has Wisdom, then that more points to Zelda than Link.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@Skelletonike You mean "Excuse me, Princess"?
Why cannot Zelda save the day for once? And there are some lesbian implication in some Nintendo games.
It's a Japanese company, a very traditional Japanese company that targets mostly younger audiences. It may get some implications as you said, but it would never be the 'default', not if it is developed by Nintendo.

And I'm not saying Zelda can't save the day, she did help Link in lots of games and wasn't like Princess Peach, but the hero is Link. The Legend of Zelda is the story about the hero Link and the princess Zelda

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why cannot Zelda save the day for once? And there are some lesbian implication in some Nintendo games.
Zelda has been pretty instrumental in saving the day throughout much of the series, she's just not the protagonist. If they wanted a game with Zelda as the protagonist, I would expect them to do something radically different rather than just making it a Zelda game with a female protagonist. Probably something made by a different development team (of course with collaboration from Aonuma-san) rather than taking away from the development of a 'traditional' Zelda game.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said the right word. " implication "
If that actually happened, like I mean a full on lesbian couple in a Nintendo game, you know how hard it would get slammed? I mean, look: some people here are salty as hell just for a female link even being suggested as a selectable main series character. Imagine how people would react to a full on couple

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that actually happened, like I mean a full on lesbian couple in a Nintendo game, you know how hard it would get slammed? I mean, look: some people here are salty as hell just for a female link even being suggested as a selectable main series character. Imagine how people would react to a full on couple

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuri is the purist of love! :P I wouldn't mind Zelda having her own game, I just don't want Link, an established character, having his changer swapped.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yuri is the purist of love! :P I wouldn't mind Zelda having her own game, I just don't want Link, an established character, having his changer swapped.
Not genderswap, but two playable characters with different backstory. Something like playing as Plague knight in Shovel knight.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there's any question as to the existence of Lesbians in Fire Emblem.

The real issue there would come down to "why"? Why make a lesbian Zelda? Just like with Gay Sulu in Star Trek. Don't think there are too many people up-in-arms about there being a gay character, but the question is why did they have to make Sulu gay? They could have introduced a new character if they just wanted to have the gays represented, but instead they decided "nope, Sulu's gay now because the original actor who played him is gay, even though said actor expressly asked us not to do it"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Legend of Zelda: Sex Switch

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not genderswap, but two playable characters with different backstory. Something like playing as Plague knight in Shovel knight.
Only one person holds the Triforce of Courage, he's a male and he is packing where it counts! ;3

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm hoping it'll just follow the usual 'tradition', male link, slight romance with female Zelda, loads of adventure.

If there is a female char option, it won't really bother me as long as I can use the male one, but even so, it'd be quite lame to change the game's tradition like that. It'd mess the whole romance thing that most Zeldas have.
If we stick to "tradition" we wouldn't have Breath of the Wild the way it is now. "The we can change all of this, but just don't change this because past" mentality is strange, if not nonsense.

we see them together later in the same video
not a female link but zelda obviously
The girl we see at first and the girl we see at the end, isn't guarantee to be the same person. Unless I missing another scene.

Plus, Link and Female Link can be in the same world at the same time. Not saying either are female Link. Just saying it is a possibility.

Last edited by KingVamp,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do think the latest trailer hints at the ability to play as a female character. But I really hope that if true, you get to play as Zelda, and not a generic female Link (Linkle was a very uninspired character in my opinion, fine for a spinoff title, but not in my opinion what should be representative of the main hero of these stories.). Make it so both stories are slightly different, thereby giving us all an incentive to play through the game once as Link and once as Zelda.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It would be weird for characters other than Link become silent protagonist so I don't see that happen.

Well if they changed up the female character's story somewhat, her story could be told slightly differently, and she might actually speak, especially if you got to play as someone like Zelda or Impa and not just another version of Link.

Reactions: Yil

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Well if they changed up the female character's story somewhat, her story could be told slightly differently, and she might actually speak, especially if you got to play as someone like Zelda or Impa and not just another version of Link.

If they want, they can make Link talk but that defeat the purpose of silent protagonist.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If we stick to "tradition" we wouldn't have Breath of the Wild the way it is now. "The we can change all of this, but just don't change this because past" mentality is strange, if not nonsense.

The series have changed a lot since it started, however, one thing has always been true. Link and Zelda.
As soon as they said that Link will always be male, people should just accept what that means.

People are grasping at straws here. I don't see why people care so much about such an insignificant thing in this game, if people want a female character, they can go play tons of other games.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?