Crihaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi there.
I have a modded switch with hwfly, it was working fine but i noticed that rest mode causes some issues to console, it freezes and i have to do hard reset.
Sometimes when i do this my console completely stucks on black screen with or without sd card inserted, and purple light flashing for about two minutes then some red flash and then again purple and so on.
I managed to reboot the console in this situation sometimes it happened, but this time in this right moment it doesn’t boot into hekate.
Do you have any suggestions?
I already checked the files on sd card and i have also the payload.bin in root of it (also because mod was going and i was playing quitely good until yesterday evening).

Attachments

• 70229548563__A743F43D-2B7F-4538-BB06-78F05207F073.MOV
    771.8 KB

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If it was working fine before and stopped now, I immagine that some connection was loose or not solid at the beginning.
Can you open it and check the CLK, CMD and DAT0 values with multimeter on diode mode (red probe on GND)? Share those values and some high-res install pictures would be useful for further diagnostics.

When you get the console open, try to reset the chip. Do you have the V4 installed?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6e48596e4266752e676966

Your issue is either CLK, DAT0, CMD or the eMMC, most likely bad DAT0.

Crihaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If it was working fine before and stopped now, I immagine that some connection was loose or not solid at the beginning.
Can you open it and check the CLK, CMD and DAT0 values with multimeter on diode mode (red probe on GND)? Share those values and some high-res install pictures would be useful for further diagnostics.

When you get the console open, try to reset the chip. Do you have the V4 installed?
I don’t know exactly because i bought with hwfly on it, i can open and try to see which hwfly version is.
Please can you share the exact values i have to measure on diode mode? I mean i know about 0.8 v but if i’m not wrong there is a 1.5 v point which I don’t remember.
Also i’d like to test the resistances values for sp1 and sp2 vs gnd but don’t remember also these values.
Post automatically merged:

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6e48596e4266752e676966

Your issue is either CLK, DAT0, CMD or the eMMC, most likely bad DAT0.
Until yesterday evening booted many times with hekate.
Only had some freezes when opening tinfoil and another time resuming playing after half hour rest mode with unresponsive joycons, but i don’t think it’s a dat0 problem..

Mena

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t know exactly because i bought with hwfly on it, i can open and try to see which hwfly version is.
Please can you share the exact values i have to measure on diode mode? I mean i know about 0.8 v but if i’m not wrong there is a 1.5 v point which I don’t remember.
Also i’d like to test the resistances values for sp1 and sp2 vs gnd but don’t remember also these values.

Until yesterday evening booted many times with hekate.
Only had some freezes when opening tinfoil and another time resuming playing after half hour rest mode with unresponsive joycons, but i don’t think it’s a dat0 problem..
it's probably dat0.

Reactions: Crihaxx

Crihaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's probably dat0.
I’ll definely get in touch with the installer and make him check it.
So just to do a test, if i unplug the flat from hwfly to make the console to not see the modchip it should boot on ofw? Maybe i could try this.

Mena

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to do a test, if i unplug the flat from hwfly to make the console to not see the modchip it should boot on ofw? Maybe i could try this.
You need to unplug the tegra and desolder reset

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Check directly with the installer, if he's a professional, he should take care of it.
If not, the values from my install are --> here

Crihaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Check directly with the installer, if he's a professional, he should take care of it.
If not, the values from my install are --> here
Checked the diodes on D, A, C , 3.3V and B and they are in range around less than 0.5V (something like 0.46V).
I didn’t check the resistors to sp1 and sp2 vs gnd.
Also tried to disconnect the battery and the flex on the hwfly coming from sp1 and sp2 point but still nothing.
At this point only thing i can do is take it to the installer and see.

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try to reset the chip by shorting these two points (see attachment) with tweezers when turning on the console, the chip should retrain.

Another way to reset it is via USB connection: do you have USB adapter from the chip? If so, you can insert the adapter to the chip (take caution so "UP" letters should be upwards) and connect to the chip via PC with SSH program like Putty, by connecting to the COM port number where your chip is detected when you plug the USB.
Then run "R" for reset: afterwards run "D" for diagnostics. The console output will give some errors when there's something wrong.

Once again, it's better to contact the seller and let him fix this.

Attachments

• short_hwfly.png
    short_hwfly.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 106

Crihaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try to reset the chip by shorting these two points (see attachment) with tweezers when turning on the console, the chip should retrain.

Another way to reset it is via USB connection: do you have USB adapter from the chip? If so, you can insert the adapter to the chip (take caution so "UP" letters should be upwards) and connect to the chip via PC with SSH program like Putty, by connecting to the COM port number where your chip is detected when you plug the USB.
Then run "R" for reset: afterwards run "D" for diagnostics. The console output will give some errors when there's something wrong.

Once again, it's better to contact the seller and let him fix this.
Also seen on another thread that also draining the battery could help in resetting the chip.
I’ll try this before trying on the chip with tweezers..unfortunately don’t have usb port for resetting with Putty.
After these tries then I’ll give the ball to the installer.

I let the console turned on trying to glitch during the night and this morning found it on hekate.
But when trying to go to get info i noticed I had failed to init message on emmc, with slow mode.
I’m starting to think there’s something wrong with the emmc.
I hope if so that a reballing could fix this, I don't know if it could be swapper to another emmc module, but for sure I don’t have the tools for this job.

Last edited by Crihaxx,
Reactions: Phantomas77

Crihaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You need to unplug the tegra and desolder reset
So if I desolder the point B and unplug the flat going from sp1 and sp2 to the hwfly board it should work in ofw?
I don’t know if you have read new messages but yesterday night after leaving trying to glitch i found it on hekate but when trying to boot it didn’t and moreover in emmc info i’ve read “slow mode” and “failed to init”.
This is a very strange behaviour..

Crihaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What did the seller say?
Unfortunately I’ll give him the switch next week after easter.
Moreover because i bought the console (which I tested before and it was working fine) from a guy who made it being modded from him, he’s asking a 30€ fee for doing a check to see what’s happening and then if it is an hardware thing he will make me know about the costs.
So I was finding a way (not doing soldering and risky stuffs) to try fixing myself with some workarounds, but if it still won’t work until next week then I’ll give the ball to him.

Last edited by Crihaxx,

Crihaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The chip reset did not help either?
I made the console to fully discharge, not have opened again it up, but there was yellow then a fast red then again yellow (instead of purple).
I think a fast try could be to unplug the hwfly and desolder the rst to test if without the chip the console is working.

Checked also resetting after opened and still nothing.
Tried also unplugging the flex cable and desoldering 3.3V and rst points and still black screen.
Did some measurements and here they are, also with a video of the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_1968.MOV
    18 MB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
Last edited by Crihaxx,

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Those values seem ok, but I still suspect DAT0 adapter, since usually it's the only point which is not soldered (apart from eMMC reball). Though it's weird that it won't boot OFW after desoldering +3.3V... Better to check it with the seller at this point.

Crihaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Those values seem ok, but I still suspect DAT0 adapter, since usually it's the only point which is not soldered (apart from eMMC reball). Though it's weird that it won't boot OFW after desoldering +3.3V... Better to check it with the seller at this point.
I hope it’s dat0 and not for example a corrupted emmc.
But at this point i’ll give to him next week then will see.
For sure I’ll give an update here for someone in future who could be looking for same infos.

Crihaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Measured shorts on capacitances in this point..what can be the solution?
Edit: the upper part on first photo are capacitances right under the apu.
Moreover i found also another point with shorted capacitances, lower respect to the hwfly chip.

Attachments

• 18AA154C-8EE9-4A4B-BAE0-6887C7AA9076.jpeg
    18AA154C-8EE9-4A4B-BAE0-6887C7AA9076.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 92
  • E6F71001-2DB5-4E88-8B32-05F774E7FDAD.jpeg
    E6F71001-2DB5-4E88-8B32-05F774E7FDAD.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by Crihaxx,

Crihaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The installer said me he measured a kohm resistance between D and gnd.
He said normally this should be around 4-5 Mohm, so he thinks this is a faulty emmc or apu which could happen in some switch console.
Have to swap the motherboard unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, Yea but it has a shitton of mods with their own songs and stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and quite a lot of people involved in those mods get cancelled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Newgrounds wasn't the birth of FNF; rather, it was games where you beat up celebrities and parodies.
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    FNF was born from Game Jams
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Specifically Ludum Dare 47
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z