Switch OLED teardown V1/V2

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, need some help to reviwe my oled.
I did oled hwfly, it worked fine, but i used too big wires, so shell of the console was not fitting well. I tried to re do it and my emmc adapter was broken :(
Okay, i got another emmc adapter, and after first turn on i got flashing purple -> teal light. Next turns on i got flasing purple (4-5 sec, nintendo logo rebooting several times) -> red light and OFW booting on.

DAT0 - 760
CLK - 760
A - 760
3.3v - 834
gnd - beep
Rst - 0 no beep

Where is the problem? Could i damaged something under emmc and got two lines shorted?
If you disconnect the wires does the switch boot ofw? If so your fine, I would say maybe it's the CPU ribbon, what readings do you get on those caps?

I re-read this, so you can boot OFW, so something is off with your install. Got pictures of how you wired it?

adeptb

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
If you disconnect the wires does the switch boot ofw? If so your fine, I would say maybe it's the CPU ribbon, what readings do you get on those caps?

I re-read this, so you can boot OFW, so something is off with your install. Got pictures of how you wired it?
Thank you for reply
I send my oled to service, they said that possibly hwfly(unflashable version with FPCB) is bricked.
Looking to the HWFLY color error codes, teal light is FPGA error.
They said that they can try to replace chip on the HWFLY and reflash it, but i dont know how they can do that, because only hwfly core and flashable oled version can be flashed.
I will post here, after they do the job

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for reply
I send my oled to service, they said that possibly hwfly(unflashable version with FPCB) is bricked.
Looking to the HWFLY color error codes, teal light is FPGA error.
They said that they can try to replace chip on the HWFLY and reflash it, but i dont know how they can do that, because only hwfly core and flashable oled version can be flashed.
I will post here, after they do the job
Where did you send this to (dm me if needed). Sounds more like someone may not know what they are doing.

vailon_yg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm not sure why the hell anyone would bother using a chip designed for the lite still with this ribbon. Specific OLED chips are out now so just use those.
Because the lite chip is common for lite and OLED, and we may have it already.
The new design can be used for sx core/sx lite/new Oled chip.

Reactions: fragged

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why would anyone use the OLED chip on a core. It take shorter time soldering the core than run jumper wire from OLED chip to the Emmc ( 6 strand ) ?

other than for flashing hwfly-nx

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to do my second attempt with better tools, and one of the "better" emmc dat 0 adapters. But I'm getting a 0.463 reading on the adapter (I haven't soldered anything yet). Any guesses why I'm getting a low reading? I don't think it's my meter, as reading the cmd resistor gives me a 0.603, which I believe is in the right ballpark...

clk is reading 0.403... so both dat 0 and clk are reading low... but not shorted to ground or anything...

Attachments

• IMG_001.JPG
    IMG_001.JPG
    260.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by urherenow,

adeptb

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I'm about to do my second attempt with better tools, and one of the "better" emmc dat 0 adapters. But I'm getting a 0.463 reading on the adapter (I haven't soldered anything yet). Any guesses why I'm getting a low reading? I don't think it's my meter, as reading the cmd resistor gives me a 0.603, which I believe is in the right ballpark...

clk is reading 0.403... so both dat 0 and clk are reading low... but not shorted to ground or anything...
I think it is ok

achm3t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Hello! I’ve managed to install new OLED hwfly chip with qfn fpga to switch lite and it is doing glitch process very well showing oled’s “no sd” screen. Entering to hekate ends with black screen. Think this happens because chip expects oled screen, not the lite one. With pheeenom’s 0.40 firmware flashed I even can run into hekate and create Emunand, but when I am trying to launch it, console goes to black screen after Atmosphere logo :( (btw OFW boot option from hekate also leads to black). So the question is - is it possible to make a firmware for oled hwfly chip that would be compatible with lite console?
I am not a programmer at all, but I think that it is purely software issue. Speed improvements in recent 0.6.2 are great and it would be nice to have it on lite, even if there would be 4 additional points to solder :)

Nagaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello! I’ve managed to install new OLED hwfly chip with qfn fpga to switch lite and it is doing glitch process very well showing oled’s “no sd” screen. Entering to hekate ends with black screen. Think this happens because chip expects oled screen, not the lite one. With pheeenom’s 0.40 firmware flashed I even can run into hekate and create Emunand, but when I am trying to launch it, console goes to black screen after Atmosphere logo :( (btw OFW boot option from hekate also leads to black). So the question is - is it possible to make a firmware for oled hwfly chip that would be compatible with lite console?
I am not a programmer at all, but I think that it is purely software issue. Speed improvements in recent 0.6.2 are great and it would be nice to have it on lite, even if there would be 4 additional points to solder :)
check this topic it can be because of 3.3v point : https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...oint-for-switch-lite-modchip-installs.610654/

Mat3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I got a non flashable hwfly lite inside my oled switch. It was suggested that updating the sdloader with hwfly-toolbox is still possible with that chip and will prevent the 5v issue.
Can anyone tell me what the sdloader is and what updating it does to prevent the issue?

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I got a non flashable hwfly lite inside my oled switch. It was suggested that updating the sdloader with hwfly-toolbox is still possible with that chip and will prevent the 5v issue.
Can anyone tell me what the sdloader is and what updating it does to prevent the issue?
If it's the non flashable chip you'll need to put a flashable chip into your oled as far as I'm aware.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you can run sd loader on non flashables - Setup same way.

PogChamp_Max

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i was curious since the OLED switch has longer battery life and seems to be the same size, i was wondering if the OLED battery is compatible with the Standard switch models

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i was curious since the OLED switch has longer battery life and seems to be the same size, i was wondering if the OLED battery is compatible with the Standard switch models
Its not the battery giving it better life, it's the screen technology.

But yes it would work on a regular switch. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imo it's mainly the tegra x1+ soc, which is way more efficient than the original x1 chip. fan rarely spins on my oled. therefore you won't get any improvement on battery life if you swap the battery

VfrontZ1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some help.
my OLED installed HWFLY lite and worked fine for 1week now today it become weird.
  • Fan no spin (no 5v)
  • joycon both side detected but wont charge how ever my OLED full battery
  • both joycon are work fine when plugged in another OLED (charged)
  • console still work fine.

heinrich_frei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some help.
my OLED installed HWFLY lite and worked fine for 1week now today it become weird.
  • Fan no spin (no 5v)
  • joycon both side detected but wont charge how ever my OLED full battery
  • both joycon are work fine when plugged in another OLED (charged)
  • console still work fine.
Try and reflow the ALJ chip just to the left of the cpu.

I've seen this exact thing among other odd issues happen to 3 people now and reflowing the ALJ chip fixed all 3 of them.

Blame it on the crap manufacturing.

VfrontZ1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This problem has already been discussed in this thread
Try and reflow the ALJ chip just to the left of the cpu.

I've seen this exact thing among other odd issues happen to 3 people now and reflowing the ALJ chip fixed all 3 of them.

Blame it on the crap manufacturing.
everything work fine now, thank guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate