Homebrew Discussion Switch overclocking released (improved N64 & PSX emu)

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who needs 1.2ghz when you can have 2.1ghz! Xbox One X on Switch, here I come!!!!!

images

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah overclock........
We don't have a dynarec arm64
No problem, we'll go overclock the switch.

It's like having a car with square wheels, square wheels? Yeah no problem I'll put a v12 in the car, no matter if the wheels are round or square, my car will go at 300km/h (190mph), even if it must ruin the chassis, axles, gimbals etc....
Understand who can...
Wtf....You can find anything on youtube :rofl2:

Last edited by KHEOPS,
Reactions: cagycee

JokerJoester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah overclock........
We don't have a dynarec arm64
No problem, we'll go overclock the switch.

It's like having a car with square wheels, square wheels? Yeah no problem I'll put a v12 in the car, no matter if the wheels are round or square, my car will go at 300km/h (190mph), even if it must ruin the chassis, axles, gimbals etc....
Understand who can...

They already said this is a short term solution to a long term problem. Everything will come in due time. They need data for benchmark tests and a few people are willing to take the risks with their consoles to see how far the homebrew community can actually be pushed.

If this ruins my Switch, I will gladly take the L and just grab another one when I am able to

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They already said this is a short term solution to a long term problem. Everything will come in due time. They need data for benchmark tests and a few people are willing to take the risks with their consoles to see how far the homebrew community can actually be pushed.

If this ruins my Switch, I will gladly take the L and just grab another one when I am able to
need data for benchmark tests ??
If you execute a rotten code, no matter what the oc, what will it teach you? Calculate pi without oc or with oc? What will be the difference?

I have always loved and respected those who in aviation, at their beginning, jumped off a cliff to test their pedal aircraft...

zenjiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m so confused is this out or naw? Someone is saying they can send modules?

I'm sure it's just someone having access to beta testing and willing to send it. I'm sure once it's officially out, there will be an official thread or updated Retroarch thread.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
As far as I tested on Lakka.tv, CPU overclock to 1.5GHz and GPU overclock to docked clocks isn't that hot. I know the system isn't pushed to 100% but still, it was better than stock :)

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
While overclocking is a good thing, I don't think it's a very good idea to start using overclock to have better emulation when code optimization could make those consoles pretty playable on the switch's hardware...

Reactions: lisko

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
While overclocking is a good thing, I don't think it's a very good idea to start using overclock to have better emulation when code optimization could make those consoles pretty playable on the switch's hardware...
It's not code optimization that's the problem, it's the missing ARM64 dynarec. Overclocking is a way to make games run decently right now as a temporary solution. We can either wait till somebody develops a working dynarec, which could take a long time or might even never happen, or use overclocking to play those games already in the meantime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag