Hacking Switch SD card corrupted , have to start from scratch. What can I skip or do differently?

vicstar19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sd card corrupted and I’m currently trying to retrieve data of some games if it’s even possible but I’m going to do the whole process over again. Do I actually have to do all the system nand backups again , because I still have those saves. I’m just wondering what is essential and what isn’t so I don’t waste time

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SylverReZ

vicstar19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok quick question. I just finished using Recuva and it’s shows all of my files as unknown. How am I supposed to know which ones are game save data or emmumc
Post automatically merged:

These are all the highest size files on there. Could any of them be game data? :/ What is usually mp4. files?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 24
Last edited by vicstar19,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I’ve successfully used the rar file for the saves. Is there where I completely wipe my sd card and hack the switch again? Because the next step requires JKSV
Correct…once you’re certain you have backed up all your saves you need to “fix” the SDCard by wiping everything and reinstalling from scratch. MOnce you get to the point of reinstalling games and homebrew you will want to get an initial ga,e loaded and JKSV installed and THEN finish the import of yiur game save.

vicstar19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct…once you’re certain you have backed up all your saves you need to “fix” the SDCard by wiping everything and reinstalling from scratch. MOnce you get to the point of reinstalling games and homebrew you will want to get an initial ga,e loaded and JKSV installed and THEN finish the import of yiur game save.
Ok I’m going to that 32k bit thing you said to prevent corruption. What can I use to completely wipe a card? Also do I wipe to fat or exFat? i forgot

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I’m going to that 32k bit thing you said to prevent corruption. What can I use to completely wipe a card? Also do I wipe to fat or exFat? i forgot
Rufus will help you format a non-bootable FAT32 /32k block size SDCard.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now Im going to start from the beginning, I still have stuff like my sysnand and title keys. Do I have to do those again?
Not necessary, if you already have them but they take literal seconds to redo. Cutting corners will open the door to miss something. If you miss something you will spend way more time trying to troubleshoot. This is just me having some tough love for ya. Right here, baby!

vicstar19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessary, if you already have them but they take literal seconds to redo. Cutting corners will open the door to miss something. If you miss something you will spend way more time trying to troubleshoot. This is just me having some tough love for ya. Right here, baby!
I am stuck on the guide you sent me. I am told to copy text into the bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini in my sd card, but there is nowhere to but the text because they are just normal folders

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L958sMz1kWs +1