tastyoats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hello everyone,

Essentially my switch is stuck at boot on the switch logo. This began a month ago in November, I wanted to pick up my Switch to play a couple of games, the battery was dead of course so I just plopped it into my official dock to charge it. Shortly after, an error popped up and it got spiraled into a boot loop in which only Nintendo Switch Logo is shown. I tried to enter CFW / OFW back then and it failed so I asked around and was told it was a motherboard issue so I just left it aside as I was too busy to send it in for repair.

Fast forward to today, I picked it up in a "just try" attitude and viola! It loads! So I got excited and had it charged up, and then updated it to the latest firmware via offline methods. The update should be successful as I was able to play and load a certain few games. Continuing on this streak, I loaded in my game backup (I still do have the physical copy of the game that is backed up) onto my SD card and tried to start up my tinfoil v8.10 and was met with the errors "failed to enable DS" and "failed to initialize usbDs! 01F60000" before entering tinfoil. Since it managed to enter I thought it was perfectly fine so I attempted to install my backup but it didn't download. I exited tinfoil to be greeted by a black screen. I then proceeded to update my tinfoil manually by downloading from the site itself, boot up to CFW and once again, I am greeted by an error that sends my switch spiraling into boot loop like before.

I’ve never used any third-party dock or charger, no water, no falls.

Emunand was not backed up if I am not mistakened cause I was dumb

Symptoms:
  • Switch is stuck on boot at switch logo.
  • Joy-Cons sync up immediately when powered on.
  • Charging via official charger works.
  • While docked the green light quickly flashes and then stays dark. No HDMI output, built-in screen remains on.
  • Screen, Joy-Cons, Touchscreen, Sound, USB-C port, SD-card reader, etc. all works.
What I've tried:
  • Hard reset via power button
  • Completely discharging and recharging it
I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistances regarding this!

To be clear: This logo is where it is stuck at

Last edited by tastyoats,

tastyoats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
UPDATE:
I,

1. turned it off after the error,
2. charged it for 30 mins
3. turned it back on

it works! and loads to OFW. however, after I power it down in an attempt to check and see if the issue has been solved, once I power it down, and try to power it back up, it is back to the loop again... any idea what's going on?

Reactions: HollowGrams

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:
I,

3. turned it back on

it works! and loads to OFW. however, after I power it down in an attempt to check and see if the issue has been solved, once I power it down, and try to power it back up, it is back to the loop again... any idea what's going on?

Not sure if it will work for you but sound like you are screw and will have to call Nintendo for it. However, I am going to send it to your pm. Not sure if here is allowed. To be safe. PM SENT!

Last edited by spotanjo3,

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:
I,

3. turned it back on

Boot without sd card? The issues with tinfoil is it not being compatible with 11.0 before you update it. Updating Tinfoil from within itself to 11.0 fixes this.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone,

Essentially my switch is stuck at boot on the switch logo. This began a month ago in November, I wanted to pick up my Switch to play a couple of games, the battery was dead of course so I just plopped it into my official dock to charge it. Shortly after, an error popped up and it got spiraled into a boot loop in which only Nintendo Switch Logo is shown. I tried to enter CFW / OFW back then and it failed so I asked around and was told it was a motherboard issue so I just left it aside as I was too busy to send it in for repair.

Fast forward to today, I picked it up in a "just try" attitude and viola! It loads! So I got excited and had it charged up, and then updated it to the latest firmware via offline methods. The update should be successful as I was able to play and load a certain few games. Continuing on this streak, I loaded in my game backup (I still do have the physical copy of the game that is backed up) onto my SD card and tried to start up my tinfoil v8.10 and was met with the errors "failed to enable DS" and "failed to initialize usbDs! 01F60000" before entering tinfoil. Since it managed to enter I thought it was perfectly fine so I attempted to install my backup but it didn't download. I exited tinfoil to be greeted by a black screen. I then proceeded to update my tinfoil manually by downloading from the site itself, boot up to CFW and once again, I am greeted by an error that sends my switch spiraling into boot loop like before.

I’ve never used any third-party dock or charger, no water, no falls.

Emunand was not backed up if I am not mistakened cause I was dumb

Symptoms:
  • Switch is stuck on boot at switch logo.
  • Joy-Cons sync up immediately when powered on.
  • Charging via official charger works.
  • While docked the green light quickly flashes and then stays dark. No HDMI output, built-in screen remains on.
  • Screen, Joy-Cons, Touchscreen, Sound, USB-C port, SD-card reader, etc. all works.
What I've tried:
  • Hard reset via power button
  • Completely discharging and recharging it
I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistances regarding this!

To be clear: This logo is where it is stuck at

Did you update your CFW (Hekate, Atmosphere, sig patches) to the latest version as well?

tastyoats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Boot without sd card? The issues with tinfoil is it not being compatible with 11.0 before you update it. Updating Tinfoil from within itself to 11.0 fixes this.
I tried booting without SD card and I still get the same splash screen issue sadly. EDIT: on top of this, I encountered the error regarding DS and a string of numbers as mentioned above. my tinfoil couldn't have auto-updated because I was on airplane mode the whole time and it has been this way for months
Did you update your CFW (Hekate, Atmosphere, sig patches) to the latest version as well?
Not too sure about this step as I am pretty console hacking illiterate D: All I did was update SXOS to 3.1 and used Choi to update firmware to 11.0.
try to use a type c power bank then press power, maybe the battery needs calibration
just to charge it to full?

Xilith

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried booting without SD card and I still get the same splash screen issue sadly. EDIT: on top of this, I encountered the error regarding DS and a string of numbers as mentioned above. my tinfoil couldn't have auto-updated because I was on airplane mode the whole time and it has been this way for months

Not too sure about this step as I am pretty console hacking illiterate D: All I did was update SXOS to 3.1 and used Choi to update firmware to 11.0.

just to charge it to full?
yes

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't work for you when I sent it to you through PM ? There is other possible.. Two options: Let battery died then charge it to the fullest.

tastyoats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
UPDATE V2:

So I've isolated the problem out and it's error code 2001-0114. This error code appeared in both OFW (official OFW error) and CFW (SXOS error). The way to replicate this issue is:

1. Error pops up and force shut down
2. Charge 30 mins (must be shut down completely)
3. Use dongle + jig to enter SXOS
3a. Let the console run a bit (i.e - play game / adjust the settings etc)
4. Press power button to lock screen.
5. Error pops up again.

I'm trying to find out if there are any software fixes that I can use to fix the issue so if anyone can assist me with this, that'd be great!

This method seems to be influenced by tinfoil? but I didn't use tinfoil on my most recent move.
Your method helped me isolate out the problem thankfully (:
It didn't work for you when I sent it to you through PM ? There is other possible.. Two options: Let battery died then charge it to the fullest.
The method you quoted me shall be the last option cause it involves me clearing out all my data and there's no guarantee that it will work.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... but if everything else didn't works then try this last option. Maybe and maybe not but someone resolved it already.. You never know unless you try it. Clear it is really necessarily. Maybe you have files there that prevent it. It is high recommend you do it because you can't backup right ? Better than nothing.

By the way, I didn't say there is guarantee or no guarantee unless you try. If it did work or didn't work should be report here because some people might have same issues like you have and it will be helpful and don't waste their time struggle with it, you know.

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: tastyoats

tastyoats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
bump.

can't initialize cause for whatever reason I tried to vol up + down + power and it doesn't load into recovery mode D:

help pls

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping is not always against the rules, as has been pointed out. What is against the rules is hijacking someone's thread to post off topic rants that should be a PM.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as a general rule don't continuously bump your own post, but because so many people jumped on this thread it's okay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLg85Bwkfmo