Switch turning off randomly

PeterL29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using my switch and it started to turn itself off. It shows a low battery symbol, but the battery is around 25%. What can I do to solve this?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Those are all signs of a lithium battery at the end of its life. You get these sudden voltage drops going from 30% to just a few %.
The percentage remaining indicator is not absolute science.
They measure the voltage and calculate the percentage for the voltage.

The Switch shuts itself down because if it would suddenly turn of while writing to the SD or internal memory, you might end up with some memory corruption. Especially with exFat formatted SD cards.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Those are all signs of a lithium battery at the end of its life. You get these sudden voltage drops going from 30% to just a few %.
The percentage remaining indicator is not absolute science.
They measure the voltage and calculate the percentage for the voltage.

The Switch shuts itself down because if it would suddenly turn of while writing to the SD or internal memory, you might end up with some memory corruption. Especially with exFat formatted SD cards.
i mean if there is a voltage drop on lower than 30% don't think it shuts down because of your data security measurements :D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol