Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys, I updated my switch to the latest FW. It won't boot past the nintendo logo. I took out the cardridge and the sd card. I tried to boot up to recovery mode (it doesn't work). I let the update install via LAN-Cable. I did nothing else.

I disconnected the battery and pressed the power button to remove any electrical from the device.

But I can safely boot atmosphere.

Can someone help me? Dont know what to do now

-edit-

My Fix:

Before you're doing anything, start to backup your Nand!

If you have a Nand past FW 17.0.0, you can restore it via Hekate. After that, you can update it again.
But if you have a Nand backup with Rawnand but without Boot0/1, you have to create the Boot0/1 using EmmcHaccGen and your prod.keys (Lockpick_RCM.bin -> Sysnand).

on EmmcHaccGen.Gui you put your prod.keys in the first selection and the other the FW Location of your Nand Backup (using Darthsternie's site to download the FW)

Prod.Keys

Firmware Folder (for example 16.1.0)

let exfat support enabled, disable AutoRCM, disable Generate Mariko Firmware if you have Erista.

Press Generate.

This should create a Folder named NX-16.1.0_exFAT

There you pick the Boot0.bin and the Boot1.bin and move them to "backup/NandID/restore" (where your Rawnand should be). You have to delete the ".bin" extension from Boot0 and Boot1.

After that, you start your switch using the Hekate Payload, Navigate to Tools > Restore eMMC, select Restore eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1. There should be a warning coming about the Boot0 and Boot1 files. Press that you want to restore it. Then, you select eMMC RAW GPP to restore your Nand. After that, you can start your switch normally.

I updated my switch after that again to FW17 and its working now. But you can stay lower than FW17 if you want

Last edited by Justin20020,
  • Haha
Reactions: Bladexdsl

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you boot stock via hekate, it actually needs to have at least some basic support for a version, because atmospheres exosphere is used, and hekate does the decryption and startup of the system.
So if Hekate/atmosphere needs to be updates for a version, there is no booting via.

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I tried to restore my nand - nothing changed
I rebuild the MMC - nothing changed

Dont know what to do now. Is there a way to possibly reinstall the FW to sysnand? I have access to Hekate/Atmosphere

Last edited by Justin20020,

marcocspc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Same here. After updating switch just a moment ago, it won’t boot to stock firmware. Just to make it clear: we’re not talking about hekate, atmosphere, emunand or etc. We’re talking about stock firmware inside sysnand. In other words: do NOT update your switch yet, it might brick your console. Mine is v1 from 2018, jailbroken without any mod. I’ll try to restore my sysnand backup and see if it boots again.

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm trying to restore an older nand (14) to look if it works.

Do we even have a chance to use it ever again?

What about flashing a new Emunand and install it on Sysnand? Is this safe?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wait for updates of Atmosphere and Hekate. All you can do right now except booting fully stock.

marcocspc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It should be able to boot to emunand normally. I'm going to restore just the boot partition and try again. What might be causing these boot problems? How is big N being able to block emunand booting? I think we'll get these answers in the next few hours. But indeed they did something big this time...

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But does this affect really the OFW booting? I'm not talking about booting from Hekate to Stock. I know it doesnt work at the moment. But in the past, it worked if I updated the OFW but not the CFW.

marcocspc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For me it's not booting into anything except Hekate. I already tried OFW (without hekate, just regular boot), CFW on emunand (atmosphere), and Switchroot's Ubuntu. All three have the same behavior: black screen or black screen after hekate (in the cases I boot via it). I'll try to boot to OFW via hekate and see if there's any difference.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Why did you all flash the new firmware in the first place? As another one here has said, no game needs it, and there are 0 new features it brings despite the new "major" version. The update distribution server has to be blocked if you don't want to receive a ban, so there's no way you could have "accidentally" installed it.

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing here. Updated via system menu, switch won't boot stock.
Not using Hekate, no emunand ever setup, nothing to do with any CFW setup.
Hekate boots, but nothing I can do from there without AMS update obviously.

Why did you all flash the new firmware in the first place? As another one here has said, no game needs it, and there are 0 new features it brings despite the new "major" version. The update distribution server has to be blocked if you don't want to receive a ban, so there's no way you could have "accidentally" installed it.
To play games online, not all of us are banned and exclusively run CFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto