Hacking Switch won’t boot into cfw!

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Heyo, I hadn’t touched my switch in a while (like 100+ days lol) bc of my studies and I finally decided to play again, I let it charge for around 30 min or more and came back and launched a payload and everything worked fine it had like 50% charge, I don’t remember what it was but something crashed and I had to restart it, I try to launch a payload again but all I get is the nintendo logo into a charging screen (only if I had plugged it in), I have autorcm on so I thought maybe I didnt charge it enough so I let it sit there for a day, I checked a bit ago in hekate and I had 100% charge and it still wont turn on!!
I use SX OS, reinx and atmo but mostly sx os lol
I use a 64GB exFAT sd card (maybe something got corrupted but I really dont want to delete anything :c)
Help would be very appreciated :)

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Soooo I actually ended up formatting my sd card in the end but I saved everything and then put it on the sd again, it didn't fix it...

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar issue, my launch system switch flat-out refuses to boot Atmosphere in any form, format, or version on any of my SanDisk or Samsung SD cards. I got it to boot up ONE TIME, and never again. The only CFW I can seem to boot is SX OS and use Hekate payload. Nothing else wants to work, and I can't figure it out. I've even tried a clean SD with just Atmosphere extracted to the root of the drive. Nada. It's on system firmware 9.0.1 (latest at the time, with the current versions of everything at the time. (I haven't toughed that Switch in about 3 months or so)

Last edited by Jayro,

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Can you get to OFW?

Take out the SD and boot to OFW and tell us the firmware version of your sysnand.
I have autorcm on, and I updated using choidujour, If i start ofw will I lose anything?
Based on the files I have, I think mine was also on 9.0.1.

Last edited by Paiuand,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have autorcm on, and I updated using choidujour, If i start ofw will I lose anything?
Based on the files I have, I think mine was also on 9.0.1.
You can start OFW via hekate, in that case you won't burn fuses (if you haven't burnt them already), other than that you won't lose anything. If you don't care about fuses, you can start OFW normally. If it works and sd is recognized and works correctly, then it's pretty obvious that the problem is in your sd or cfw files. If even OFW doesn't work, then restoring back up is your option.

Reactions: Paiuand

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You can start OFW via hekate, in that case you won't burn fuses (if you haven't burnt them already), other than that you won't lose anything. If you don't care about fuses, you can start OFW normally. If it works and sd is recognized and works correctly, then it's pretty obvious that the problem is in your sd or cfw files. If even OFW doesn't work, then restoring back up is your option.
Okay thank you, I will try booting into ofw via hekate in a few hours, ill report back!

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_142759.jpg
    IMG_20200526_142759.jpg
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 350

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Stock sysMMC = stock FW
Well yes I just thought maybe doing it this way might burn fuses, just to make sure cuz im scared as shit, this will also work right xd?
Also I just noticed the 100% charge from yesterday has gone down to 25%...

spenat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'd recommend you to completely wipe your memory card and just start anew with fresh copy of Atmosphere/Hekate (or SX OS, as you have said). This will definitely solve any issues you might have.

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I'd recommend you to completely wipe your memory card and just start anew with fresh copy of Atmosphere/Hekate. This will definitely solve any issues you might have.
Daaaaang, well alright ill try that later, on another note I FUCKING FORGOT TO TURN ON AIRPLANE MODE IM TOTALLY BANNED NOW!!
Thank you everyone for helping, ill do the sd stuff later and report back again!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for the double post but I forgot something, is it okay if i format the sd to exfat? I prefer it way more over fat32 and I think I selected exfat on choidujournx lol

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Daaaaang, well alright ill try that later, on another note I FUCKING FORGOT TO TURN ON AIRPLANE MODE IM TOTALLY BANNED NOW!!
Thank you everyone for helping, ill do the sd stuff later and report back again!
Banned for what? You just launched sysNAND with hekate. You won't be banned for that.

Use fat32. If you stick with exfat, you will have problems like this later at some point. And yeah, when using choiNX to update, there;s no reason not to choose exfat option, it just installs exfat driver so that you can safely use exfat, that's all. You can always use fat32 tho.

spenat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Go for FAT32. Homebrew and exFAT can lead to SD card corruption. There is pretty much no reason not to with FAT32: It's safe, you can install anything you want (using Awoo, Goldleaf etc.) and it does not limit you in pretty much any way (besides 4GB limit, but there are ways around that).

Last edited by spenat,

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Go for FAT32. Homebrew and exFAT can lead to SD card corruption. There is pretty much no reason not to with FAT32: It's safe, you can install anything you want (using Awoo, Goldleaf etc.) and it does not limit you in pretty much any way (besides 4GB limit, but there are ways around that).
Its that 4gb limit that annoys me so much, what ways around it are there?

spenat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Are there any specific files you'd want to copy over to your card larger than 4GB? As mentioned, you can install/copy pretty much anything through USB/Network connection and it splits automatically to 4GB chunks - that's the only important thing that comes to my mind when it comes to this limit.

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Are there any specific files you'd want to copy over to your card larger than 4GB? As mentioned, you can install/copy pretty much anything through USB/Network connection and it splits automatically to 4GB chunks - that's the only important thing that comes to my mind when it comes to this limit.
Oh so you mean to just install through usb with something like goldleaf? That would work?
Games only really, I don’t have much access to a pc nowadays so I just use my phone and an ftp server, if fat32 is that much safer and I can use goldleaf like that I guess ill go for fat32...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol