Hacking Question SX OS 2.5 not running CFW??

banshee28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone....I hope someone can help out here...

I read many similar (or exact) issues but so far none have solved my issue.

I have a NX that should work.... I have a SX PRO dongle, and when I get to the SX OS menu and choose run CFW it hangs on a black screen forever.

Here is what I have done so far:

On the SX OS first menu (this works fine each time) I have backed up my nand, created the emunand, enabled/disabled autorcm, etc. all that works perfectly. I can even boot to OFW and its fine.
I have installed Atmostphere CFW trying to get things working, and that boots perfectly (sending payload)! I then used choiDujourNX to update the original OFW from 4.1 to 6.2. That worked fine and its now at 6.2 and boots fine. I formatted the SD card again with the Switch (exfat) and copied all the files to it. boot.dat and the license.dat file is there. If I remove the license.dat file and try to boot to CFW it boots to the next screen and again sets up the license request file. However once I go online and get the file and add back to the sdcard, it will no longer boot.

Any idea what could be the issue? SD card should be fine here. I also had the same issue with FAT32 on 4.1 and eventually updated OFW to 6.2 and formatted the sdcard to exfat but nothing works.

I also requested another license file (license-request.dat) and used the website to get a new license.dat file. I removed the original ones from the SD card and used the new one I was given from the site, but it still never boots to anything once I chose boot to CFW.

I know "CFW" works as I can manually get Atmosphere to boot and in the system settings I can see the version and "CFW" right next to it. Now that was using a payload and TegraRcm of course....

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the latest boot.dat contained in the 2.5 beta? 6.2.0 wont boot unless you are running sx os 2.4 or 2.5

Sounds like maybe you are running < 2.3

banshee28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Email TX and explain what's happening. They might re issue a new license
I may just do that, perhaps its simply a license issue? I did post on their forums but let me email them directly, thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you using the latest boot.dat contained in the 2.5 beta? 6.2.0 wont boot unless you are running sx os 2.4 or 2.5

Sounds like maybe you are running < 2.3
2.5 beta, yes heard about those issues, only tried 2.5 Beta and also tried with the older 4.1 original FW, same issues. I will email them directly.

D

Deleted User

1. try multiple times
2. DONT USE EXFAT
3. check for the boot.dat
4. try other sdcards
5. do you have EmuNAND? yes. Try that or already tried then try sysnand (maybe fuse burns)

banshee28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. try multiple times ......... Yes I tried maybe 20 times

2. DONT USE EXFAT ............ I originally had FAT32 and it failed, maybe 10 times or so also

3. check for the boot.dat ........... Yes, that is there and I also downloaded it again just to see if that was an issue

4. try other sdcards .............. This I have not done yet, but if I can boot Atmosphere and run homebrew on it fine, should the SD card be OK? This is a brand new Samsung 200GB from Amazon so should be fine.

5. do you have EmuNAND? yes. Try that or already tried then try sysnand (maybe fuse burns)...................... I do have emuNAND, although maybe this is an issue, I know I can disable it from the SX menu but not sure what else I can do. Not 100% sure how that works anyways. How do I know I am even using that? Maybe I have burnt fuses but not sure. I did load one of the payloads and it shows 5 burnt fuses but I think that was on purpose since it was the RCM mode?

Reactions: Deleted User

nataliabf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Have you tried booting it with the emunand disabled? Maybe something went wrong creating it. Did you create the emunand before or after updating with choi?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. Try to boot CFW without emunand (emunand disabled) whether it will boot successfully (both Fat32 and exFat)
2. Creating method of the emunand? (Hidden partition, on sd or on nand)
3. Have you updated the system with exfat firmware 6.2?

Last edited by thaikhoa,

banshee28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Try to boot CFW without emunand (emunand disabled) whether it will boot successfully (both Fat32 and exFat)
2. Creating method of the emunand? (Hidden partition, on sd or on nand)
3. Have you updated the system with exfat firmware 6.2?
1) Will do that next
2) SX OS menu, on SD not hidden partition this last time
3) system should be at 6.2. At least I think it was sysnand vs emunand. Will try to disable, maybe this is part of the problem.

Have you tried booting it with the emunand disabled? Maybe something went wrong creating it. Did you create the emunand before or after updating with choi?
Will try that now, since I did so many steps not sure which was first. I will try to disable emunand and see what version shows up.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1) Will do that next
2) SX OS menu, on SD not hidden partition this last time
3) system should be at 6.2. At least I think it was sysnand vs emunand. Will try to disable, maybe this is part of the problem.

Will try that now, since I did so many steps not sure which was first. I will try to disable emunand and see what version shows up.

Try to backup Boot0 and Boot1 of the Sysnand then rename to boot0.bin and boot1.bin and replace sxos\boot0.bin and sxos\boot1.bin

banshee28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the Boot0 and boot1 backup i took before and replaced the ones under the sxos folder but same result.

Maybe the dongle is not working? I charged it for 10 seconds and also 5 mins, but now it will not even boot to the dongle. It does have a green light each time.

I was able to boot to OFW (6.2) using NO SD card and its still fine. I reformatted the SD card again and only used the boot.dat file and hbmenu.nro, but it will wont boot with the dongle now? Could that be defective?

banshee28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I fixed the issues. For those interested in the details: I got a 128GB Sandisk card vs 200GB and it had the same issues. I formatted it on the switch and this time it all worked. I also formatted the 200G several times on the switch and it did not fix it but this new 128G card works! :gba:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh yea, duh +1