Homebrew Question SX OS Crashes with External HDD Library

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to install some game on my Switch via External HDD connected to the consoles dock. On the SX OS menu "Install" the software begin loading games from external hard drive, but then the console crashes and I have to inject the payload again. What can I do? The version of SX OS is 2.6.1 beta and the console version is 7.0.1.

Reactions: fixingmytoys

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. download the SX OS 2.7.1 beta and copy over your older boot.dat file.
2. download the SX INstaller v1.52 from the SX OS site and use that instead of the built in installer.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm trying to install some game on my Switch via External HDD connected to the consoles dock. On the SX OS menu "Install" the software begin loading games from external hard drive, but then the console crashes and I have to inject the payload again. What can I do? The version of SX OS is 2.6.1 beta and the console version is 7.0.1.
okay i had this happen to me , what it is is a game you have coppied across to your usb hard drive is stuffed and when the SXOS reads the hard drive the stuffed XCI NSP crashes the hard drive, what you need to do is plug your usb hard drive back in to your computer delete last few games you copied on tiy your hard drive, take it back to when you knew it worked , then plug it back in your switch test etc and then copy the "new" games you copied before back ONE AT A TIME , test keep doing that one game at a time when it crashes that is the stuffed game. Delete that game and redowdload or find another copy,do this for the games you have just copied across from when it crashed, ie it was working you copied say x amount of games it crashed , those games test them one by one, this is what i did , found the bugger and got a new copy and it worked

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i just removed the games back to when i new it was working ie i just copied 5 new games and it crashed , so i remove those 5 games it worked , copied the games back one at a time until it crashed got a new copy of that game, that way i did not have to download them all over again

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My HDD never worked for me. I have many games, so it would be difficult to find out which causes the crash of the console. I’ll try, thanks

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the other way to do it is say just do it 5 games at a time, remove all XCI games copy over 5 games do it A to Z so you can keep track , load up SXOS see if reads it and not crash, if all good copy the next 5 games over ( so now you have 10 games ) load up SXOS and test , keep doing it if it crash's it is going to be ONE OF THE LAST FIVE GAMES you just copied across, remove the last 5 games you coped , put then back on 1 at time ( the last 5 games) one of them will crash ( maybe more) doing it this way lets you find WHICH one it is, when you find it delete it copy the reminding of the 5 games across and test, if all good, copy the next 5 games across , just keep doing this over and over again, you should find?pick up and bad images

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, I'll try. But it should work with XCI files too, right? I've created a folder in the root of the HDD called "sxos" and then I've put inside the XCI folder witch all XCI games and the NSP folder with all NSP files.
Now I'm on the latest firmware 2.7.1 beta, but on the console I have only the 7.0.1 firmware. Maybe I have to update the console too, but I don't know if all the latest firmwares are supported by SX OS

Last edited by PEVOx,

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you can update SXOX from you switch do that first before doing a system update the latest SXOS update works with latest Nintendo switch update

Ok, I'll try. But it should work with XCI files too, right? I've created a folder in the root of the HDD called "sxos" and then I've put inside the XCI folder witch all XCI games and the NSP folder with all NSP files.

yes it world work for both XCI and NSP, sounds like you just downloaded a bad/stuffed copy just have to find out what, unelss you just delete all your games and download them again lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: btw bc my sup m3 is dead im gonna use its sd card to mod my dsi