Hacking Question Sx pro Nintendo switch repairs

MrFrodo18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the last thing I would ever do is put my hacked Switch back in Ninty's hands. There's a high chance they're going to patch your system. My thought process is, if I were Nintendo, and my flagship system is allowing easy piracy, I would patch the crap out of repair units.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the amount of money one would save in games by using sxos, I can't work people out who send their console back under warranty. You have say 10 downloaded titles, you evil little pirate! 10 titles at £49 apiece or £270 for a new exploitable unit... Vs your old unit back patched.

A patched switch rendering these games unplayable is a fool move.

I consider warranty void. Never send it back. Break it up for spares and buy another console.

Parts are plentiful on eBay. Screens, rails, housings...

Or once they have patched your console, buy all your games as the ipatches get updated/motherboard exchanged. If I played games, I know what I'd do.

Last edited by mattytrog,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could have fixed that rail yourself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Already considered repairing it myself my mother was not on board with the idea. And all the local nintendo repair centers I called had no idea what i was talking about when I asked them about it.
Uh listen to mom. She should decide whether you do a 5 minute repair yourself. Sure she's the professional

Reactions: Mnecraft368

Artwebb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could have fixed that rail yourself.

Uh listen to mom. She should decide whether you do a 5 minute repair yourself. Sure she's the professional

You say it like there aren't kids on here that quite Possibly can't purchase the items to repair it themself.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can, restore a nand backup and format the device.Better to get rid of as much tampering you can before sending it away,just in case they look.
If they ask you how the rail broke,just play dumb. They might put 2 and 2 together and think (hey,this guy was messing with pins,lets check what he did on the console),so the less you have on there,the better for you

And how did the kid get the sx pro in the first place? f you can buy a SX pro, you can exchange that cheap part.
Acquiring an SX pro and replacing a rail isn't on the same level bud.
Plug and play versus opening a device and making it worse.Lets not forget that his impatience is what got him here in the first place.What if he strips a screw? breaks a ribbon?

As it is now,at least he might get a fully functional switch back that isn't messed up and still under warranty for any future mishaps.
If they send it back saying they wont fix it,then he can look at options to replace it himself

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody actually knows but if Nintendo can catch people going online they could more easily catch it if they physically have the device. The thing is we don't know whose hands it's going into and what they will actually be checking which would be dependent entirely on what the problem with the device is. I think if it isn't a software error you will be fine but who knows if they would go as far as to add the patch to it... I can't say I'd send my system in at this point with plans to abuse Atmosphère and possibly SX OS on it unless it was absolutely destroyed.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's only a tenner for a new rail and probably much less than an hour to replace it.

If you're not old/skilled enough to do it then a local repair shop will gladly take your money (although I doubt they will have the spare part).

Sending back to Nintendo is a gamble. They might just throw your Switch in the bin and replace it with another one (that might or might not be patched). It's way easier for them to do that than mess around with repairs.

Artwebb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And how did the kid get the sx pro in the first place? f you can buy a SX pro, you can exchange that cheap part.

Now that's just making you sound even dumber. Just because his mom bought the SX Pro doesn't doesn't mean she's going to let him take it apart the $400 system to replace the rail. If i was him I'd send it back to get them to replace it too. Very highly unlikely that they will do anything but swap the rail and boot it up and send it back. I sent back my RROD xbox 360 for warranty repair that had the drive modded. And they fixed the issue and sent it right back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Even sugar free isn't good, as the acid is bad enough.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    oh earlier than 15 Ken, babies, children can get decay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So dentists give. Us these caps that'll last a few years to fight thrm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but babies get a new set
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Screw godfor not giving us a new adult set after we mess up
    +2
  • cearp @ cearp:
    "You listening up there big guy?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just smoke meth, all your dental problems will go away.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even steven
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I wonder why edibles haven't caught on for meth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Locked down from government to dispensary
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In India it has, can't remember what its called yuka I think, they have a crisis like we have with fentanal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why we need regulation :teach:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Speak to Psi, he'll offer you some in Tempycoin. :tpi:
    +1
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Day after day, we drink beer, Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Beer can be bad for your teeth
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    I like taking trips without even leaving my house, if ya know what I mean.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me lift you up in my chair