Hacking Syphon Filter HD remake vita project

Zm1231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of you may remember the Syphon Filter series back on the original ps1. The series has been dead since around 2007 when Sony bend left the series behind for other projects like days gone. Lots of the fans of the games have been asking for an HD remake I too was a fan of this series and have wanted a modern version.

I have decided to start a fan made remake of the first game in the series using unity and the vita's export module. As this requires the official Sony SDK it can not be shared here or some other places but I would like to get a team together to help with this project I have made a post in the vitahacks and syphon filter subreddits and have a few willing to help.

What I have managed to do so far is extract a lot of the original assets from the original ps1 game. I have all the cutscenes, and in game audio and background music and most if not all the textures the in game models on the other hand are in a format I have yet to find a tool that works. They have the same file extension as models from the resident evil 1,2,3 games but tools for those games don't recognize these models so they may need to be made from scratch.

This below is what I've managed to test out with the video so far it's an older video as I currently have an in game character to play around with

If you'd like to help just let me know

Here is a discord link for anyone wanting to keep up with updates or help with the project
https://discord.gg/ExmZd9B

Last edited by Zm1231, , Reason: Added discord link

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That´s awesome, congrats! I can´t write a single line of command as I ain´t developer, but maybe can help with translation later.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only experience with syphon filter was on the Psp, Logan’s shadow. It was great. I was almost in tears when I could no longer play it online. I was murdering left and right. I have a vita1001, if you need compatibility tested. It’s at 3.65 enso and I have adrenaline all set. I’m also using sd2vita. Thank you for all your efforts.

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

Zm1231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I have a character I can move around on screen. I'm trying to get the main menu working but need to look more into the PSvita.videoplayer namespace as I need to play the background on a texture instead of full screen or it's on top of the menu buttons. And the vita seems to ignore the audio mixer for transitions between the bgm and the upbeat music when being shot out which works in the editor but on the vita it just play both audio tracks at the same time

Zm1231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got another video uploading. I now have a functioning Menu(Minus Loading Games as save is not implemented yet), Skip-able Cut-scenes with Button Presses, an animated character model (will be replaced with a Logan model ones I can get one and get it rigged), Currently working on building a Testing level to implement and test the games Mechanics as they are implemented. Once Core game play mechanics are working I can start rebuilding the game levels

Last edited by Zm1231, , Reason: Added video

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
wow thats amazing, I also only played the PSP Syphon Filter games, I loved them. I am surprised that they havent continued the franchise. Unfortunately I don't have any programming experience and cant write any code so I'm not too sure if I can be of any help. However, if there is something more "simple" that I can do, I would gladly help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk