• Thread starter OSW
  • Start date
  • Views 152,268
  • Replies 1,572

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
i only have one NTSC game to try and that is lego batman , and i can confirm it is loading on my Pal system !

LEH147xxxxx GC2-D2C

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Excuse me for interrupting but does CIOSCORP support trucha disc directly?

Coz I got the quesion mark error when a trucha disc was inserted. The same disc works on a d2pro wii running 3.2U.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
nutta_nic said:
digitydogs said:
Nic - LEH163XXXXXX EUR / PAL GC2-D2C Drive ver. AMW7N141R
Now if everyone who has a free minute will goto http://www.wiidrives.com/ and look up their serial number and report back the above info we can see if drive ver has anything to do with the region free for some pal users.

if this was so then why would they work when i region changed, and you answer either of my previous questions, do ntsc games come multi5 or 6? because if they dont then maybe thats why they work and pal doesnt on ntsc, and did you reinstall all of cioscorp after region changing to pal? if not give it ago

i know i have at least one ntsc game that is multi 5, and it works. Yes i reinstalled all of the corp after trying the pal region change. no effect. There has to be something we are overlooking.
@terra what is the drive ver? thats the critical piece of info

and still no banner showing? it's madness, about the drive thing your on to, when i region changed to ntsc, with corp and preloader hack no games showed at all copies or originals

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
PAL users who say they can play NTSC-U games through the disc channel ...please state the games you have working (The Game Titles) then other PAL user can test them also. If you say ALL games, how many NTSC-U games are working 2? 3? 50?

terra808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
nutta_nic said:
digitydogs said:
Nic - LEH163XXXXXX EUR / PAL GC2-D2C Drive ver. AMW7N141R
Now if everyone who has a free minute will goto http://www.wiidrives.com/ and look up their serial number and report back the above info we can see if drive ver has anything to do with the region free for some pal users.

if this was so then why would they work when i region changed, and you answer either of my previous questions, do ntsc games come multi5 or 6? because if they dont then maybe thats why they work and pal doesnt on ntsc, and did you reinstall all of cioscorp after region changing to pal? if not give it ago

i know i have at least one ntsc game that is multi 5, and it works. Yes i reinstalled all of the corp after trying the pal region change. no effect. There has to be something we are overlooking.
@terra what is the drive ver? thats the critical piece of info

There is a 100% chance the chipset is GC2-D2E LEH2188

OK
Disney's Bolt ntsc-u .....working
no brick block
no regionfrii
not scrubbed

Mario super sluggers ntsc-u .....not working
Naruto CON rev 2 ntsc-u .....not working
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom ntsc-j .....not working
in diff variations on these 3 games
no/yes brick block
no/yes regionfrii
no/yes scrubbed

PAL date for release
Bolt (Wii)
Disney Interactive
Release date: 06/02/2009

it is a usa game so whats the diff between Bolt And the others..........I think id rather have nothing.......is getting to me now

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm leaning toward my original reasoning on pal users having working region free... that being that credair is on a pal wii and was probably better able to test the pal hacks... ntsc hacks may have just been converted and thats why it doesn't work for ntsc...

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic Unleashed,
Wii Music,
Ware Land - The Shake Dimension.

All I did was reset my Wii to 3.2E using AnyRegionChanger.
Install CIOSCORP wads
activate starfall hacks apart from GameCube region free and BGM disable.

It works for me.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got an idea... will someone on PAL with starfall region free working extract their system menu app from the nand (000000001/00000002/content/000000043.app) and pm it to me...

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
I'm leaning toward my original reasoning on pal users having working region free... that being that credair is on a pal wii and was probably better able to test the pal hacks... ntsc hacks may have just been converted and thats why it doesn't work for ntsc...

iwas thinking that myself but then when u region changed it should've worked
QUOTE(digitydogs @ Jan 21 2009, 07:30 PM) Got an idea... will someone on PAL with starfall region free working extract their system menu app from the nand (000000001/00000002/content/000000043.app) and pm it to me...

i'm on preloader will that do

EDIT
sorry either way the mrs. is on the wii so can't do shite

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
Hmm if different region wii's used different IOS for the system menu i would say you were on to something, unfortunately they dont
frown.gif
I think its something really simple we are overlooking.... Glancing in the rebooter and menu patcher codes it seems like they all force the video region to be the same regardless of region (0x60000000). Then they do another patch to the menu on top of that... I'm wondering if the reason we've been having so much trouble duplicating the region free is that the patch code is searching and expecting to find that in the code, and when it finds the original region it just skips the patch... Anyone else looking into this yet? or should i break out the source and devkit and give this another whirl?

Another thought... Those who have region free on pal with starfall.. when did you get your console, and what is the serial number? Maybe certain model drive chips work and the rest don't

0x60000000 means no operation in power pc assembly... quite often used in patches to disable code branches or something else that you don't want to execute in that part of code... it does nothing useful... and nothing useless...

QUOTE(digitydogs @ Jan 21 2009, 09:21 PM) I'm leaning toward my original reasoning on pal users having working region free... that being that credair is on a pal wii and was probably better able to test the pal hacks... ntsc hacks may have just been converted and thats why it doesn't work for ntsc...

Good reasoning... let's test it... Yesterday I found a bug in waninkoko's update blocker patch, a single byte was different between ntsc and pal system menu in the same area of code... effectively, it was for a pal wii.. I'm talking about menu patcher by the way... Though maybe the source I got was old since it didn't catch anyone's attention... or all the people using it were already had the correct patch with starfall...

Anyways... I'll compare the patches and post the results...

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being involved with this whole effort since day 1 literally, I've given thought to this issue from many angles and tested everything availabe to try to get out of region working on NTSC machine. I tending to think that there is code in the System Menu for EUR machines that is missing from USA machines. I come to this conclusion based on the target market. Machines intended for USA distribution in theory only have to address a single region/video mode. However EUR consoles have to deal with all form of refresh rates and standards.
And possibly Nintendo even took into consideration the large amount of English speaking populatoin of europe and Americans living in europe. So what's making this possible only on PAL machines is because the code is missing entirely from USA production machines? Of course this could be entirely wrong but seems like a decent theory in my current state of consciousness.

This just seems to make some sense since EUR Wii's would need to be more versatile in these region/scan rate matters. Hrmm.... I don't like the idea that my Wii might be a cripled version!

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
yeah but if on preloader i need 100000043.app, assuming it was starfall patched before preloader was installed (which im sure yours was)

it was installed but i've installed new system menus after that, does that matter,

either way the mrs is on the wii

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you've installed new system menus and not reinstalled starfall then it won't have the patches in it.
frown.gif

Hmmm question for those who released the original WAD pack for cioscorp... Did you use wanin's cios or wiigators to do the patching?

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
Jizmo said:
Being involved with this whole effort since day 1 literally, I've given thought to this issue from many angles and tested everything availabe to try to get out of region working on NTSC machine. I tending to think that there is code in the System Menu for EUR machines that is missing from USA machines. I come to this conclusion based on the target market. Machines intended for USA distribution in theory only have to address a single region/video mode. However EUR consoles have to deal with all form of refresh rates and standards.
And possibly Nintendo even took into consideration the large amount of English speaking populatoin of europe and Americans living in europe. So what's making this possible only on PAL machines is because the code is missing entirely from USA production machines? Of course this could be entirely wrong but seems like a decent theory in my current state of consciousness.

This just seems to make some sense since EUR Wii's would need to be more versatile in these region/scan rate matters. Hrmm.... I don't like the idea that my Wii might be a cripled version!

try and get some1 with a jap wii to test i'm sure a few people on here have imported wiis, post a new thread requesting a jap user

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just thinking that the EUR Wii System Menu is checking the Disc in the drive for all regions since so many combinations are used in EUR, but the USA is only checking for USA Region discs. Doesn't this make sense? This would also explain some of the issues that result when an EUR Wii AnyRegionChanges to NTSC from PAL.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
@ jizmo so do you mean actully built into the system, like in boot1 say, and thats why when a usa wii goes pal, they cant get the ntsc banners,

@ digitydogs
i'm cioscorp'in a friends wii tomorrow i'll preloader him up and see if he's region free(ish) either way i'll report back his drive

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
@ jizmo so do you mean actully built into the system, like in boot1 say, and thats why when a usa wii goes pal, they cant get the ntsc banners,

@ digitydogs
i'm cioscorp'in a friends wii tomorrow i'll preloader him up and see if he's region free(ish) either way i'll report back his drive

Im not sure where the code would reside, but it sure seems that it's something unique to EUR as Opposed to USA consoles. Maybe there is another piece of code involved than just the IOS and System Menu. And it seems that maybe the DVD drive itself could be that piece. Maybe the DVD drive in EUR machines contains that piece of code that works in tandem with System Menu and the IOS. I would like to see what would happen with a DVD drive that is working region free on a EUR machine was put into a USA machine. And also since we know that Chipping (changes drive bios essentially) makes region free work there seems to be more evidence that we're barking up the wrong tree and there is something unique in the drive firmware. All speculation of course.

I'd like to place $2.00 on Flashing Drive Firmware to Win, Place or Show.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum