Hacking System wide X and O button swap

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the fixreg on the vita helps decrypt the registry or if it just fixes hashes. I know it can't be done without the system.ireg as I tested it without the file being present. it didn't work then. with that being said, you may have to do something like that with the ps4. the ps3 xregistry.sys doesn't need to be decrypted. you just need the editor. also, there's a registry editor vpk for the system itself on the vita. I have it installed. it makes things easier. I've fiddled with it some.

konamicode89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I’m understanding this correctly oct0xor has an viewer/editor for the system files. system.nvs and system.rec are nearly identical with the only difference that system.nvs is in the kernel (not in the HDD?) and therefore cannot be overwritten?

so my guess is that although it’s the NVS that needs to be edited for the button swap, editing the REC might not do anything?

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's possible the system version isn't used or not for what you're trying to do. I know the serial number of the ps3's hdd is recorded in the xregistry as well as another location. the latter location seems to be unused.

konamicode89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m still open to the idea of reinitializing my PS4 and changing the region due to the 6.50 update already providing an option in the menu to swap buttons for Asia. I have a barely touched PS4 pro on firmware 7.02 that I’m willing to use as a guinea pig. Should it get the job done I’m sure we can just conclude this as a solution for now

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, there is an option in debug settings to do this, at least there is on debug kits
Perhaps this works on semi dex, I’ll ask LM..

Edit:

So I asked LM and he recons it should allow this option using CEX2SEMI-DEX for 6.72 (no links can be shared here, but it’s easy to find).

Reactions: konamicode89

konamicode89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps this works on semi dex, I’ll ask LM..

Edit:

So I asked LM and he recons it should allow this option using CEX2SEMI-DEX for 6.72 (no links can be shared here, but it’s easy to find).

I heard a number of 6.72 apps works on 7.02 so whatever I find just might do the trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    JakobAir @ JakobAir: Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago...