Status
Not open for further replies.

T-hug steps down as Chief Editor - A Tribute

leon.jpg

This week marks the end of an era at GBAtemp: the Thug4L1f3 era, that spanned over nearly 20 years. Our beloved Chief Editor T-hug, man of many names also known as TommyMc, Thug4L1f3, ThugETH, ThugATRON among others, has finally given in to his wife's demands :P decided to step down and resume a normal life.

This is the end of a long journey, one that started on IRC before the site even existed, with a group of friends among which KiVaN, Alexander, and Romero, the three original founders of GBAtemp. T-hug went on to become one of the founding fathers of the site and forums. Over the years, his incredible work as Chief Editor has allowed us to build a true presence on the video game media scene: from getting passes to big game shows (E3!) every year, PR work allowing us to obtain thousands of games and items for review, to getting our site listed on OpenCritic... and much more. We wouldn't be where we are without you, my friend.

With a successful new career well on the way, a loving family with two boys who may or may not compete with my own in the future for adminship of the site (ha ha no way! called dibs :D), I am personally sad to see you go, but I'm also thrilled that you've found a great new path. You will be sorely missed. Next time we meet, you'll need to use both hands to beat me at Street Fighter.

PS: dozens of people have already started paying respects here, so please use this link if you'd like to leave a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo