Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AP Hacker said:
SgtThom said:
lostreverie said:
Yeah no one wants to buy a new cart right now; 3DS is just around the corner and anything we buy will be out of date in less than six months.

It'd be really nice if they finished up the new gui and stuck around to patch up Pokemon when it comes out. This has been such a good run for them; it would be really disappointing if they packed up now right before the DS has run its course.

Dude the 3DS is coming out next year in March and you'll have plenty of time buying a new flash cart + a 3DS.Stop being cheap.
They aren't being cheap, and your a bit off with you release date. The release date for the JAPAN 3DS is November, while the Euro and American 3DS is next march.
So they arent being cheap, they are being realistic. In a month, the DS will have almost finished it's course. By next march, the DS will most likely be a doorstop.
Actually its coming out in February in Japan...

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
RoMee said:
this is good news, now all you cycloDS owners can move on to a better cart in the DSTwo
Is this even needed?

We all know that everyone here buys their games and dumps them themself, so if a game isn't working, then they can use their retail cart.

Why suggest the DS2 when we can get a cheaper alternative (AK2i)

lol..this is hilarious,
rofl.gif

QUOTE said:
We all know that everyone here buys their games and dumps them themself

so I guess I"m the only pirate here.? .?

you can afford a cycloDS but complains that the dstwo is too expensive??

I'm speechless
wacko.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
It looks like the competition might've finally gotten to them.
The combination of no DSi compatibility and the cheaper, more functional DSTwo must've made it really hard for them to make sales...
There was nothing stopping them dropping the price.

They've milked the cow, and done a runner.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
This is really sad news! I've always given them the benefit of the doubt, hoping that someday they would hop on the bandwagon with all the DSi flashcarts. I do appreciate their fast updates (or what used to be fast until recently) while they lasted. A little part of me wants to believe that they are prepping for the release of a DSi flashcart..

ryuhosuke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
its a shame that the team is gone... i bought this cart because of the wii function with pokemon now i do not think i can do that anymore

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigllama99 said:
Noob question, i'm still new to all this stuff... So if in fact TC is gone, will we be able to play new DS games that are coming out?

Many games will work, but not all, especially not without any FW updates. It all depends on the AP used and the expected popularity for any given game as to what level of AP they may have. Hope you like the shovelware titles, because those usually aren't protected as well as something like....say....Golden Sun DS will be.

Personally, I have decided that I will NOT be buying any new flashcarts. I will use my CycloDS to play whatever games it will play, and I still have my old crusty R4 that I can hope will continue to be supported by Wood firmwares to play the newer game with tougher AP. Any games that won't work.....oh well.

After the DS is done, so am I.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh boy. I remember the time everyone was praising CycloDS and bashing the R4.
rolleyes.gif

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will miss their awesomepic updates, good luck with w/e your guys are doing now TeamCyclops.
I've moved on as well, just got a DSi XL yesterday and ordered an Acekard 2i from Shoptemp, just gotta wait for now.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Rayder said:
With gaming in general, or piracy?

I mean NEW games in general. I have no plans to get a 3DS when it's released, nor any other gaming system in the future. I'll still play my old DSlite and my old-school emulators on the PC, but that's about it. Once DS games aren't dumped anymore.....that's pretty much it for me. The only way that will change is if 3DS gets hacked to play backups quickly.

D

Deleted-236924

QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
We all know that everyone here buys their games and dumps them themself
so I guess I"m the only pirate here.? .?

What shall I say?

Hum... What about "Fix your sarcasm detector"?

QUOTE said:
you can afford a cycloDS but complains that the dstwo is too expensive??I'm speechless  
wacko.gif
Is there any reason to buy a DS2 over an AK2i if your main goal is to play DS games?

But then, we live in a materialist world, we absolutely gotta buy the most expensive thing just because it has some features that we might not even need.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, this happened days ago, and I'm just finding out about this now. I always had a feeling that something like this would happen considering they're track record. But they did so good for so long...

Oh well.

I've been out of the loop for a little while, so I'm hoping someone could answer this. I don't have a DSi, so I don't need a DSi cart. I do have a Supercard DSone. I'm assuming this cart is still getting regular updates, and I should switch from the cyclods back to the Supercard?

Thanks for any info.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Rydian said:
Rayder said:
With gaming in general, or piracy?

I mean NEW games in general. I have no plans to get a 3DS when it's released, nor any other gaming system in the future. I'll still play my old DSlite and my old-school emulators on the PC, but that's about it. Once DS games aren't dumped anymore.....that's pretty much it for me. The only way that will change is if 3DS gets hacked to play backups quickly.
How about the Wii or the PS3? Do you have one? Or want to get one? Both can play backups.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last console I bought was PS1. Don't own any consoles now, just a bunch of emulators on the PC for PS1 and older systems.

I only have the DS and PC to game on.....and I don't bother with PC games anymore either. (they take too long to download nowadays
smileipb2.png
)

mrcha0s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP Team Cyclops. Only flashcart I've had but it was one hell of a flashcart. Everything was fixed so quickly, I even got one for my brother. I hadn't been following DS games or flashcarts at all recently but it was definitely worth the money I had spent on it. Sad to see them go.

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weren't Team Cyclops based in the UK? The same place where flashcarts have become outlawed recently because of Nintendo winning a court ruling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: