• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gee man they make alot of money and cant pay for hosting.
Now thats a way to push sales for your carts NOT.
They are digging there own grave.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that they plan to continue support until the rest of the major DS games (Golden Sun, possibly?) are released, then drop out of the flashcart business altogether.

Hopefully, when they do eventually drop support, they will be cool about it and release the source code for the homebrew scene to take over......if there are enough people left to give a crap about making a firmware for it.

But all these website issues don't inspire much confidence in their dedication to the people who shelled out a premium price for the cart. It seems pretty obvious the CycloDS has become a secondary concern for them, whatever their endeavors are.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
My guess is that they plan to continue support until the rest of the major DS games (Golden Sun, possibly?) are released, then drop out of the flashcart business altogether.

Hopefully, when they do eventually drop support, they will be cool about it and release the source code for the homebrew scene to take over......if there are enough people left to give a crap about making a firmware for it.

But all these website issues don't inspire much confidence in their dedication to the people who shelled out a premium price for the cart. It seems pretty obvious the CycloDS has become a secondary concern for them, whatever their endeavors are.

That's all I ask too. A few more months of support to end years of great service. Even if they didn't, I don't regret buying the cyclods, I can probably count the times I have had to wait on an update on one hand.

I'm surprised there isn't an unofficial LW patch to make it work with the evo yet though.

QUOTE(Stevetry @ Oct 15 2010, 12:24 PM) Well the cyclods is a outdated card the probably spend all the money in booze and blow

Not gonna lie, that's what I would do

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gariscus said:
http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/ is down. Bandwidth Limit Exceeded.

what for a crappy Hoster, very unprofessional.
you can get a good rootserver (Intel i5-750) with unlimited Traffic and 100 MBit bandwidth for around 15€, and 1.000 MBit bandwidth for around 35-40€ with an xenon chip.
OR at least dreamhost.com, like the supercard team, not a own serverand crappy connection, but you get some stuff for your Money (9$ per Month) like unlimited Traffic!!!*lol

how can this happen to a Team, selling chips world wide! They didn't even inform users or redirect traffic to another website/hoster.

Taichi24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since the forum is back to its usual error, hopefully they'll release the next firmware update to compensate.
mellow.gif

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Taichi24 said:
Well since the forum is back to its usual error, hopefully they'll release the next firmware update to compensate.
mellow.gif
I very much doubt it and what gonna happen to the iedge i bought one and did not know they where the team TC but i got an acekard 2i and supercard dstwo so not life threating.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
Gariscus said:

you can get a good rootserver (Intel i5-750) with unlimited Traffic and 100 MBit bandwidth for around 15€, and 1.000 MBit bandwidth for around 35-40€ with an xenon chip.
OR at least dreamhost.com, like the supercard team, not a own serverand crappy connection, but you get some stuff for your Money (9$ per Month) like unlimited Traffic!!!*lol

how can this happen to a Team, selling chips world wide! They didn't even inform users or redirect traffic to another website/hoster.
For legal reasons, it's safer for them to choose a host located overseas.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
DeMoN said:
taktularCBo said:
Gariscus said:

For legal reasons, it's safer for them to choose a host located overseas.

supercard Team doesn't have those problems too, and they have to fight against the same legal issues.
Also Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Canada and Sweden are hosting a lot of "illegal" stuff (Scenes/Forums etc.) for this great Prices and our European Forums never get closed, so I can't believe they will close a Website which is selling a Card for using Homebrew.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZPE said:
gamefreak94 said:
Should i just give up on the cyclo? I know they said it would be soon but soon could be from now to the next 2 months...

If you can afford to then go ahead, I'd get a Supercard DSTWO.

As a replacement card, the SCDS2 seems the obvious choice. The Supercard's support team is legendary, you can be sure they will continue to support the card for a long time.

TeamCyclops did say they would release another firmware "soon" (man, I hate that word) on their forums before it went "bandwidth exceeded", I'll wait for that impending update before I start looking for a new cart. For me, it's too late in the DS's lifetime to start looking for a new flashcart. I have an original R4 that, combined with Wood FW's, will play whatever my Cyclo won't, as far as newer games. So I can always fall back to the R4 when the CycloDS won't run a particular game.

But to anyone considering their first cart for the DS/DSi, or is wanting to replace a current cart, the SCDS2 is THE cart to get. I know if I was to buy another cart, that's the one I would get.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
Should i just give up on the cyclo? I know they said it would be soon but soon could be from now to the next 2 months...
Remember how long they made us wait for the new GUI upgrade?
tongue.gif

But this new firmware should just be for fixing the recent games, I don't think it should take that long.

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
gamefreak94 said:
Remember how long they made us wait for the new GUI upgrade?
tongue.gif

But this new firmware should just be for fixing the recent games, I don't think it should take that long.

They are probably finishing up the GUI with the next firmware, so that's probably why it's taken so long. Besides, I think a lot of people forget that they have lives too, and they don't just spend all day making our firmwares. I personally don't think the CycloDS brings in a lot of revenue, so they may even have other jobs which would impact the time they can spend making firmware updates.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TC needs someone working for them who would holler and bang their fist at their site's host server admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk