TempTalk 1: Nintendo 3DS

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cover less, like have one be just for the games, in two weeks do one about the past, future, & rumors, etc.

i feel like the main problem is that the topics are too broad, if it continues this way, you'll run out of topics

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only need to come up with 26 a year, and I could probably do that right now. I don't think that's a problem at all.

I think what I'm going to consider is going weekly and recording the show all in one shot like we did Sunday, but release it in three parts. I actually like this idea more, anyone else with me or is that still bad? Whatever, Problem solved.

Urza said:
MR_COW said:
I'm always confused when you guys act like the sky is falling if a show is over 60 minutes.
you definitely don't have the charisma, or the keen insight

Except that problem.

QUOTE(Scott-105 @ Aug 31 2011, 10:27 PM)
Wow. People seriously need to stop complaining about length. If you don't like the length, split it up, as Mr_Cow said. Listen to it in short bursts. It's not the end of the world.

I feel like everyone is listening to it in the web browser in one shot, which is why we are having this problem. It's not really the format I intend to have people listen to it as, but they are, so I guess I'm going to have to work with it.

kelson98

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gh0sti said:
i would love to do the history of hand helds with you in a discussion i have gone through the original game boy to all the way of the DSi, would love to do that there Mr_Cow
Yea me 2.
happy.gif
except the dsi is a 3ds. A Little Bit Of AWESOMENESS!!!! teehee.
tongue.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely disagree with urza about your charisma, i think you definitely have it, even better than i do, and i don't know why he's complaining about it

and your insight is fine, not like you're a visionary, but your up to par with everyone

and i don't know what this weekly three part thing is that you're thinking about, but most listeners so far definitely haven't been listening to this with their mp3 players, i think we need to advertise this aspect more

D

Deleted_171835

Personally, I thought this podcast was fine. A little bit on the lengthy side but I enjoyed it.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I would have to agree that this was slightly too long, when you are focusing on just one subject I don't think you need more than say 45 minutes in order to hold a comprehensive discussion about it. Overall though it was a decent enough show.

As for Urzas comments about charisma, I couldn't disagree more. I think Mr_Cow is a very entertaining and likeable host, but perhaps Urzas definition of charismatic differs from mine.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys were already warned about length before you even started, just like you were warned about the live format. You've insisted that "you know better" and have trucked on anyway. That's fine, if you think you're doing the right thing, time will tell if you'll succeed or fail. However, you were given a laundry list of reasons why the Tempcast has continually failed, and if you keep doing those same things, you will fail.

This was way too bloody long. 30 minutes tops. TOPS! I agree with Urza in that it's nowhere near interesting enough to keep plugged in to for another 60 minutes on top of that. You really need to plan your segments from top to bottom in advance, ensuring that you stay within your allotted time, and that the content you are talking about is worth hearing. Edit it, edit it again, and then edit it some more.

Do not take it personally -- simply take it as a valid criticism, and work what you're learning into your next show.

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not taking it personally, but I feel you guys do not know what you are talking about. I have been listening to podcasts every day for eight years now, almost at any chance I get. They are very few podcasts that go under 30 minutes. I've never even seen such a backlash against a show this long, which in my opinion, is short. This is my main point, if you are listening to this in one sit down, as in you have it on from start to finish without break, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. You can complain that it is long and boring, but simply pause it and continue later! That's the normal way of listening to podcasts. You have fourteen days to listen to it until the next one is out, why rush it! You are welcome to listen to it at one time, but you complaints about time are sort of....diminished to me, because you are not listening to it the way I intended it. I am not forcing you to listen to the whole thing at once, YOU are.

I'd say the problem is more with your method of listening to podcasts rather than the way I recorded it. I recorded it so it is completely flexible in how you do so. I'm not forcing you to finish it in one day. If you listen to 20 minutes a day, which isn't a lot, you still won't have enough to last you two weeks!

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference is that they're better at it than you are. If you have engaging personalities belonging to people who actually have insight into the topics being discussed, it makes it worth listening to an hour plus of excellent content. When the quality of content is fewer, the length of the show should be shortened accordingly. You are not comparable to someone who works professionally in the field they discuss.

In addition, I catch about 15-20 hours of podcasts a week. As someone else who is regular podcast listener, it baffles me how you don't understand this.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to chip in that I enjoyed guest starring on this (regardless of how noobish I came off) and I'd like to thank MR_COW for allowing me this opportunity. I personally think MR_COW is quite charismatic and engaging enough to pull this off but what would I know, since I'm not really a podcast listener..

I think 1 hour is a good limit to keep in mind though. I tried listening to the Tempcast and lasted about 35 mins before I got bored (though I guess I probably could have kept it on while doing other stuff). But still, it's early, and there is always room for improvement. Keep on truckin, MR_COW, I believe in you!

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what you're attacking more is me than the length of the show then though. I don't mean attacking me in the sense that you're trolling me to just make me upset, but that you really don't think I'm qualified enough to run this show, or be a host on it. I say this because with these two scenarios I'm looking at:

1) We improve the quality with more engaging hosts(great intellectuals like yourself) -> A 80 minute show with great content, happy Urza
2) We decrease the quantity of the show(shorter show) -> A 30 minute show with questionable hosts, disapointed Urza, because the quality is still lacking

You keep saying it's mainly the length of the show, but if we fix that you'll still be unhappy with me because I "definitely don't have the charisma, or the keen insight". Anyway, I take this opportunity to publicly invite you to the next show Urza, because I love you, and you're our only hope to making this show better.

elscorcho0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work guys and gal!
yaynds.gif
I think you did a great job for the first one. Here is a few things I feel you missed:

1. You mentioned the prices of eShop games being way too high. What about all cart games? $40 for remakes and $40 new games? Why not have it downloadable from the eShop. iPhone games are 99 cents to $9.99. Handhelds need to catch up with the price scheme or game developers won't make games for the handheld console. Example, there are only a handful of games for the 3DS right now.

2. Lack of apps in the eShop. Right now there are 3 apps!!!!!!! seriously Nintendo needs to catch up. Where is facebook, skype, twitter, gbatemp, etc!

3. Nintendo still broke the way to connect with friends. No voice-connect or chat or video chat! What is the point of having a friends list?

4. Online multiplayer, mulitiplayer, multiplayer!!!!!
hate2.gif
Imagine playing the zelda remake with co-op online. I just blew your mind.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Urza on that part that maybe the show could be taken down a notch in terms of time.

I don't agree with him with MR_COW not being a good host, he sounds pretty good to me.

But hey, everyone has opinions.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I just finished listening to it today while driving. It was very interesting! I liked hearing your opinions about everything and it was pretty well-done. You did forget to mention one awesome game, though: Kingdom Hearts 3D
wink.gif

I certainly wouldn't mind guest-staring in an episode in the future. I don't exactly have a ton of credentials, but I have a LOT of gaming experience, probably more than Scott (and I do research on it constantly), and I also have a blog where I review things from time to time (on my profile) (right now it's kinda barren because I was busy gaming [ahem, "procrastinating"] during summer). I know I'm not an active member of the community in the sense that I don't post very often, but I've been reading more than I've been posting so it irons out a bit. If you have any more questions you can contact me
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Honestly a great Eminem song.