I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
This is an idea taken from Inkbunny. Basically, people can submit fanart for display on the top of the page. It changes every time a person refreshes the page. You could even throw in some of the old designs.
upload_2018-3-1_18-49-59.png
upload_2018-3-1_18-50-2.png
upload_2018-3-1_18-50-6.png

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
do you have a problem with people drawing? (not trying to sound toxic im seriously wondering)
and its not really from the site if just regular user are drawing it /shrug
No I don't think you understand, he (and me) doesn't want some anime or some furry pic as the logo. If it's just a little edit of Tempy where it still adapts to the theme then it's fine. But if it's like "catbox.moe"s thing where there's a random anime pic then no.

Reactions: KevinLSX

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don't think you understand, he (and me) doesn't want some anime or some furry pic as the logo. If it's just a little edit of Tempy where it still adapts to the theme then it's fine. But if it's like "catbox.moe"s thing where there's a random anime pic then no.
It's not gonna be any random anime character. It says Tempy fanart in the OP, so at the most it would be Tempy as an anime girl, or a Tempy fox, or something like that. And if that is unreasonable, you can always turn it off and use default Tempy.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
It's not gonna be any random anime character. It says Tempy fanart in the OP, so at the most it would be Tempy as an anime girl, or a Tempy fox, or something like that. And if that is unreasonable, you can always turn it off and use default Tempy.
You know an edit of Tempy isn't always just anime, you could have it be the old one, have it be an alien, maybe combine it with the Nintendo Switch logo. Remember, this shouldn't be something only anime/furry fans would like, this should be something anybody can like. Although two versions could work.

D

Deleted User

holy shit i love this site
Screenshot at 2018-03-01 20-33-52.png

Reactions: Jacklack3

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know an edit of Tempy isn't always just anime, you could have it be the old one, have it be an alien, maybe combine it with the Nintendo Switch logo. Remember, this shouldn't be something only anime/furry fans would like, this should be something anybody can like. Although two versions could work.
Yeah, those are just anime/furry specific examples. I would much rather see some cool unique things everyone would like than just anime/furry stuff.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I do not support this idea at all. We are taking strides to become more professional and seeing as we aren't deviant art, I would rather not see this.
Professional... Part of me thinks you were laughing inside when you typed this.

We are a community, and having community involvement in the site like this doesn't detract from professionalism. The toxic hostility lingering around some parts of the forum do.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not support this idea at all. We are taking strides to become more professional and seeing as we aren't deviant art, I would rather not see this.
...Yeah, to be fair, I'm not surprised in the least about this. Reasonable, though!

But.. what's the point of becoming "more professional"? Focusing on casualizing, streamlining, and getting more users on a site dedicated towards console hacking doesn't seem like the smartest idea.
We've already seen a bit of this with the prominent news section, which does seem a tad out of place. (Not to say I don't respect the reporters! They do some cool stuff)

But hey, that's just me.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'd personally love to see a Tempy which does stuff based on where you move your mouse for example. There's nothing more professional than a dynamically animated logo imho. This would be 100% optional and opt-in only. I'd gladly even write the code for such thing. I'd love to see the logo change between all historical Tempy logos every so-often too. Again, fully optional and you'd need to manually opt in, so new users wouldn't notice the "unprofessionalism".

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, but I'd like to add one more suggestion: add it as an optional user setting that is "off" by default, and that is inaccessible to anyone younger than 18 (because let's be real; this is the Temp we'r talking about, it WILL get lewd)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

See above ^^^ that way it could be seen as a "fun" user thing that a lot of new users wouldn't even see

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I agree, but I'd like to add one more suggestion: add it as an optional user setting that is "off" by default, and that is inaccessible to anyone younger than 18 (because let's be real; this is the Temp we'r talking about, it WILL get lewd)

Since (I think) this would use 'Temp's storage, I doubt the staff would allow lewd images in the first place.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
That code is just showing a picture though, has nothing to do with the random images. However, it's nothing too advanced and very possible to do. I'm not a huge fan of the idea though, unless it's all high quality ones, all selected by staff. (so no "low quality" ones slip through).
Here's my idea: Users submit their Tempy fanart through DMs, a thread, or a form and then the staff sorts out the good from the bad. The good ones are used in a randomized logo while the bad ones are simply rejected.

Wow, party pooper much? Here's another idea so users don't see a randomized logo on default: Have a switch for the randomized logo in the user settings.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

See above ^^^ that way it could be seen as a "fun" user thing that a lot of new users wouldn't even see
Well, having a lewd profile pic isnt anything alike to having a lewd icon in the main page... two whole different things. You are also restricting the feature to younger users, which goes against the whole thing of gbatemp of "being a site for everybody".

The switch feature is a nice idea, but imo it shouldnt be age restricted, since the tempy variations would have to be approved by the staff in the first place.

Also getting serious here, there isnt any harm on the option to have a weeb tempy or a furry one, between the more "normal" ones... you can like it or not, but the forums appeals to a wide variete of users, not just to your tipical average user.

Other than that, custom tempys sounds like a nice proyect who can capt the attention of alot of users and give them the chance to contribute to the community in a different way ;)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That code is just showing a picture though, has nothing to do with the random images. However, it's nothing too advanced and very possible to do. I'm not a huge fan of the idea though, unless it's all high quality ones, all selected by staff. (so no "low quality" ones slip through).
Agreed, they have to be curated. Possibly voted on by the members and the staff has the final say on what gets added (so no troll images get added)
Not as bad as having some anime character or furry pic as the logo to the site. I wouldn't want to be seen using a site with that kind of shit (I dont care for profile pics but if its from the site itself then...)
I think an anime or furry character would be fine as long as it's Tempy related, no "generic gamer anime character", but an artist's interpretation of Tempy would be cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: anyway, I could use a hand, if anyone can point me in the right direction