• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Tennessee poised to ban public drag shows, hormone therapy for children

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Laws are not written to prevent crimes, they are written to hold people accountable for crimes. This is not hard to understand for normal people.
Ok, so make the law that if your kid is exposed to an inappropriate sexual show that the parent is responsible and gets a fine, don't ban the inappropriate sexual shows entirely.

I'm happy that you're in favor of a more hands-on government, but that simply will never be my personal perspective at all.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Look man, I'm just never going to be on the side of, 'let the government parent for me, and my kid will turn out fine.' Fuck the government when it comes to how your kid turns out. Be a great parent, and you shouldn't have to worry about what your child becomes. It truly is that simple.
I’m just asking questions - I’m a curious man. Responsibility exists within the factual realm or the moral realm - you’re responsible for your children by the virtue of being a parent, you’re responsible for the passengers inside your car while you’re driving, you’re responsible for breaking a glass if you dropped it. Liability is legal, and it’s specifically the government’s domain. In fact, it is always legal by definition, as it deals with compensation for damage caused. Responsibility is how we feel about things, and there are plenty of irresponsible people out there. You need *some* laws to determine culpability, the legal system can’t work based on how we feel. The question here is whether or not this sort of thing should be codified in some way, so that we may all adhere to the same rules.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m just asking questions - I’m a curious man. Responsibility exists within the factual realm or the moral realm - you’re responsible for your children by the virtue of being a parent, you’re responsible for the passengers inside your car while you’re driving, you’re responsible for a breaking a glass if you dropped it. Liability is legal, and it’s specifically the government’s domain. In fact, it is always legal by definition, as it deals with compensation for damage caused. Responsibility is how we feel about things, and there are plenty of irresponsible people out there. You need *some* laws to determine culpability, the legal system can’t work based on how we feel. The question here is whether or not this sort of thing should be codified in some way, so that we may all adhere to the same rules.
You can ask questions, I'm just telling you what's up from my perspective. I'm a very hands-off kind of person when it comes to the government, I think people are largely the result of who raised them, I don't believe the it's the government that should be raising our children, and I believe that we now live in an era where people want to take less responsibility than ever when it comes to their own parenting. I'm really not sure what more you want to dissect from me, I think you understand my perspective, and I understand yours, so who cares. We're not quite on the same page, but it seems we do largely agree, so that's cool, lets just move on.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I did say Illness because thats what it is. ...

I wouldn't say being gay is an illness.

Wanting to dance like a stripper in a thong and stilletto heels (and nothing else) in front of small children is though. Regardless of man/woman.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I notice @Nothereed and @Xzi suddenly don't have opinions. Weird.
I already gave my opinion: child beauty pageants are far sicker and more traumatizing than any drag show, and children are not required to attend drag shows in the first place. If you're fine with the former but outraged by the latter, then you care more about expressing homophobia/transphobia than you do about ensuring the safety and well-being of children.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already gave my opinion: child beauty pageants are far sicker and more traumatizing than any drag show, and children are not required to attend drag shows in the first place. If you're fine with the former but outraged by the latter, then you care more about expressing homophobia/transphobia than you do about ensuring the safety and well-being of children.
There you go once again imagining I said something when I never even mentioned child beauty pageants. Since you brought it up, I can unequivocally say that child beauty pageants should be completely banned. You however, are incapable of being against grown men, many being sex predators, dancing in women's lingerie for children.

Reactions: OM3GAZX and tabzer

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There you go once again imagining I said something when I never even mentioned child beauty pageants. Since you brought it up, I can unequivocally say that child beauty pageants should be completely banned. You however, are incapable of being against grown men, many being sex predators, dancing in women's lingerie for children.
It was an "if-then" statement, so no need to play the victim, just read carefully next time. I'm glad we can agree on child beauty pageants, but then we should also be able to agree that the banning of those should be prioritized over the government mandating what clothes grown adults can and cannot wear. Again: nobody's requiring children to attend drag shows, that's a decision the parents are making individually.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was an "if-then" statement, so no need to play the victim, just read carefully next time. I'm glad we can agree on child beauty pageants, but then we should also be able to agree that the banning of those should be prioritized over the government mandating what clothes grown adults can and cannot wear.
Why should child beauty pageants be prioritized over men dancing for children in women's lingerie if they are both abhorrent activities? You seem to only care about one but not the other. I can admit both should be outlawed. You however, have a hard time admitting men shouldn't dance for children in women's lingerie telling adult jokes.
Again: nobody's requiring children to attend drag shows, that's a decision the parents are making individually.
Nobody is requiring children to be in beauty pageants either. That's a decision the parents are making individually. Your arguments are shit.

• Haha
Reactions: OM3GAZX and tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This seems to be @Xzi's attempt to stay sane and not be ashamed. It's clear deflection, which might work if people were in this thread actively supporting the thing he says is the same type of evil.

What happens when you go to the voting booth and your choice is between "drag shows for children" or "beauty pageants for children"? Have you ever considered walking away, @Xzi? If you keep vying for a lesser evil, you'll continually defend your staggered descent into depravity.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why should child beauty pageants be prioritized over men dancing for children in women's lingerie if they are both abhorrent activities?
Because one requires the involvement of children and the other can exclude them entirely. Fucking READ what you're replying to before replying, dude.

Nobody is requiring children to be in beauty pageants either.
CHILD beauty pageants don't exist without CHILDREN, Jesus fucking Christ. I never mentioned beauty pageants in the general sense, only you did.

This seems to be @Xzi's attempt to stay sane and not be ashamed.
Unashamedly: there's not a single sane person who believes the government should mandate what clothes adults can and cannot wear. If you don't like drag shows and you don't want your kids attending them, don't go to them or let your kids go to them. Not complicated.

Last edited by Xzi,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because one requires the involvement of children and the other can exclude them entirely. Fucking READ what you're replying to before replying, dude.
But the other chooses to not exclude them. I've showed video proof.
CHILD beauty pageants don't exist without CHILDREN, Jesus fucking Christ. I never mentioned beauty pageants in the general sense, only you did.
People are requiring kids to be at drag shows or their parents are deemed transphobes even though drag queens are not trans. They are just guys who enjoy cross dressing. If a parent doesn't want their child to be in pageants, nothing happens.
Unashamedly: there's not a single sane person who believes the government should mandate what clothes adults can and cannot wear. If you don't like drag shows and you don't want your kids attending them, don't go to them or let your kids go to them. Not complicated.
There are laws though. I can't walk around in a sheer thong at the grocery store.

By your logic, if you want your kids to be in beauty pageants, then don't sign them up for beauty pageants or let them go to them. All that you are proving is that you are fine with sexualizing kids in a certain way but not another way. I'm the only one in this exchange that has come out against both

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
there's not a single sane person who believes the government should mandate what clothes adults can and cannot wear.

That's kind of a shit take that cannot be verified and borders on absurdity, like your claim that public restrooms have existed as long as sex.

If you don't like drag shows and you don't want your kids attending them, don't go to them or let your kids go to them. Not complicated.

We are talking about your "what about child beauty pageants?". Not about a parent's responsibility. @MikaDubbz already monopolized that point. Why are you running away. It's not complicated.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But the other chooses to not exclude them. I've showed video proof.
What you showed demonstrates that some parents don't mind exposing their children to that. I wouldn't take my kids to such a show, but I'm not going to try to dictate to others that my morals and values are the only correct ones.

If a parent doesn't want their child to be in pageants, nothing happens.
What happens is the pageant still goes on, usually fills up anyway, and children in bathing suits are paraded around in front of a bunch of pedo judges. It's objectively abhorrent to continue allowing such events to continue taking place.

It's a fair argument that some drag shows are also objectively sexualized, but not all are, and at least they're adults making these decisions for themselves.

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Other day i was scrolling a timeline and i saw a pink fairy dressed drag dancing to Katy Perry with some kids. They were stunned by her, it's like they was seeing someone straight outta fairy tales. Kids having fun, that's all, their parents were present taking pics and all.
Anything that's inappropiate for children must exclude any participation of children; erotic and clearly sexualizing intended events etc etc
BUT if they're so worried why they don't ban this kind of shit??? Some of these girls have their childhood thrown in the fucking trash for fitting in adult beauty standards in competitions against other girls.

Wow do people get scared easily these days. Banning drag shows? Good lord, its like they think if a child even observes a man in woman's clothes that they'll immediately become gay or trans or whatever their deep fear is.
Like it's a problem! Or like gay or trans or whatever the fuck people had to  look at others to understand themselves as such. These guys are scared, dude. Scared people are dangerous...

Reactions: Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
BUT if they're so worried why they don't ban this kind of shit???
You are way behind on the conversation. Maybe take some time, and read some of the 11 pages of discourse. Nobody here is a fan of Honey Boo Boo and the exploits by her mother. If you aren't aware, this shit was pushed hard by the same MSM and media corporations that tell you drag for children is good.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's kind of a shit take that cannot be verified and borders on absurdity, like your claim that public restrooms have existed as long as sex.
"Cannot be verified?" If Tennessee is banning public drag shows, then it's not a stretch to assume a man could be arrested there for wearing a dress in public. Thus the state is mandating what adults can and cannot wear, the exact type of governmental overreach that most conservatives claim to be against.

And while you're intentionally misinterpreting my previous statement to suit your needs, I could argue that technically, nature was man's first public restroom. :ha:

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"Cannot be verified?"

"there's not a single sane person who believes the government should mandate what clothes adults can and cannot wear"

Verify it please.

If Tennessee is banning public drag shows, then it's not a stretch to assume a man could be arrested there for wearing a dress in public.

This is literally how your government and its policies have fumbled throughout history. Make a law. Stupid shit happens. Make another law. Stupider shit happens. Welcome to 2023, asshole.

Thus the state is mandating what adults can and cannot wear, the exact type of governmental overreach that most conservatives claim to be against.

I know the state mandates clothing options, almost since the dawn of their existence. People still keep voting for that.

And while you're intentionally misinterpreting my previous statement to suit your needs, I could argue that technically, nature was man's first public restroom. :ha:

Misinterpreting? I'm sorry that I'd rather make fun of what you literally say, as opposed to wherever your hidden desires lie. (I'm not sorry, I'm laughing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll give you a present by tying up ancientboi for you