Tesla Menu Won't Open

Witchfyre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! I'm in the process of installing CFW on a friend's switch but am running into issues getting telsa menu to install/run.

I've made sure to install the NX-ovloader into my atmosphere file, set up the config file to my desired button configuration (tried many different configurations), and put the ovl file into switch/.overlay folder... What am I missing here? I've been scouring the forum here for an answer and tried every possible solution I suggested previously but nothing is working.

Reactions: wad11656

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I'm in the process of installing CFW on a friend's switch but am running into issues getting telsa menu to install/run.

I've made sure to install the NX-ovloader into my atmosphere file, set up the config file to my desired button configuration (tried many different configurations), and put the ovl file into switch/.overlay folder... What am I missing here? I've been scouring the forum here for an answer and tried every possible solution I suggested previously but nothing is working.

Follow this guide and you should be good:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-the-nintendo-switch-overlay-menu.557362/

Please post a screenshot of your: /switch/.overlays/ directory

Reactions: impeeza

Witchfyre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: wad11656

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the guide I was following, I've followed the instructions over and over so many times and it straight up won't open the menu when I push the button configuration. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I hear ya. Let’s start w/ the basics.

Please share screenshots of
/switch/.overlays/ folder
/atmosphere/contents/420000000007E51A/ folder
/atmosphere/contents/420000000007E51A/flags folder

E: might want to run the “fix archive bit” option in Hekate in case that[s mucking with your folders.

E2: check out this thread about the @impeeza method (to make your button combo REALLY easy)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-menu-not-working.608009/#post-9958777

create a file called /config/tesla/config.ini and put the following inside:
[tesla]
key_combo=RS+LS+ZL+ZR
# A, B, X, Y, LS, RS, L, R, ZL, ZR, PLUS, MINUS, DLEFT, DUP, DRIGHT, DDOWN, SL, SR

This will require you to press both sticks and both lower shoulder buttons at the same time.
It’s the easiest to remember (and perform) complex-quad I’ve found to simultaneously press (but will likely never be used in a game.)

Witchfyre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully this is able to help!
switch 1.png

Attachments

• switch 2.png
    switch 2.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 98
  • switch 3.png
    switch 3.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 97

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this is able to help!
View attachment 343222
That all looks good. Was just making sure.

1) Create a file called /config/tesla/config.ini and replace everything inside with the following (literally just copy/paste):
[tesla]
key_combo=RS+LS+ZL+ZR
# A, B, X, Y, LS, RS, L, R, ZL, ZR, PLUS, MINUS, DLEFT, DUP, DRIGHT, DDOWN, SL, SR

2) Reboot into Hekate and run Tools -> Fix Archive Bit process regardless. Won’t hurt anything.

3) Finish the reboot into CFW and then press both (left & right) bottom shoulder buttons and press down on both joycon sticks all at the same time (it has a real natural feel to it.)

4) Hopefully this fixes everything!

Last edited by binkinator,

Witchfyre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hear ya. Let’s start w/ the basics.

Please share screenshots of
/switch/.overlays/ folder
/atmosphere/contents/420000000007E51A/ folder
/atmosphere/contents/420000000007E51A/flags folder

E: might want to run the “fix archive bit” option in Hekate in case that[s mucking with your folders.

E2: check out this thread about the @impeeza method (to make your button combo REALLY easy)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-menu-not-working.608009/#post-9958777

create a file called /config/tesla/config.ini and put the following inside:

This will require you to press both sticks and both lower shoulder buttons at the same time.
It’s the easiest to remember (and perform) complex-quad I’ve found to simultaneously press (but will likely never be used in a game.)
Okay! so I managed to get it to open once, but then when I went into Edizon to turn on a cheat, the whole menu disappear and I can't get it to reappear.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1