• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

That interview Kanye West had with Alex Jones...

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
That is not even close to true, have you ever spoken with someone who is acutely manic?

I have - one lady thought I was literally Satan himself

Spend some time on a psych ward and say that again
I might as well respond since I was holding my tongue. I have type 2 bipolar. So I'm talking from personal experience. I don't experience full blown mania, but I also hit lower lows. Generally speaking @granville hit it on the head. Now it could be possible that someone took advantage of Kayne while during a manic high or low.

However considering that we've seen underpinnings of his beliefs for a long while, before even stopping meds. I'm not so sure that it was the case.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
Reactions: Xzi

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is in a loop of getting more attention for being more outrageous. He is literally trolling IRL and he sees it as a protest. I blame the Kardashians

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
His statements about loving Nazis and Hitler need to be seen in the context of born-again Christians. Loving everyone is a basic imperative.

Saying that not everything about them was bad is an obvious truth. You can say that about anyone, including the worst human beings.

However, his refusal to feel sympathy for the genocide is a response of defiance. He received no sympathy from the establishment (which does have a numerical overrepresentation of Jews, nobody disputes this) and therefore has no sympathy to give.
Blacks in particular have little sympathy for Jews because they had nothing to do with pogroms, see Whoopi Goldberg who basically stated on TV "Why should I care? It was Whites killing Whites."

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just can't anymore, we literally have members here talking about "over represented" jews. I'm out on gbatemp, and the mods won't do crap about it other than give a wrist slap. Same towards hate regarding trans, and won't do anything about it either.
Go back to defending the Dean passing out buttplugs and engaging impressionable youth with anal play.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I just can't anymore, we literally have members here talking about "over represented" jews. I'm out on gbatemp, and the mods won't do crap about it other than give a wrist slap. Same towards hate regarding trans, and won't do anything about it either.
I spoke of numerical overrepresentation. Are you denying it?
I didn´t say how it should be. Overrepresentations are natural. E.g. it would be an odd coincidence if 50% of construction workers were female just because they are 50% of the population.

Reactions: _47iscool

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bipolar disorder runs in my grandmother's side of the family. My mom was adopted, so she and I don't have it thankfully. My grandmother also didn't have it, but two of her sisters had it and several of her brother's kids also have it.

So I have quite a lot of experience. Including the different types of episodes you can get. It is accurate that the manic episodes don't change a person's core beliefs. They intensify and bring to the surface things that someone already thinks or feels inside.

Incidentally, white supremacy is also an unfortunate belief passed down on that side of my family. And you can see the effects of how they express this when in a manic episode vs when they are "normal". Normally they have the self control to keep it hush-hush in public and can put on enough of a mask to carry on polite interactions with non-whites strangers when forced to do so. But during manic episodes, these inhibitions go out the window and they will publicly fling slurs or even threaten violence. The beliefs didn't change with the effects of the disorder, they still hate non-whites and wish they were enslaved or dead (including the non-bipolar members). It just alters inhibitions.

I also believe Kanye West has far more wrong with his brain than bipolar disorder (if that's even what he actually has). He also has clear traits of narcissism. And if the delusional shit he often spouts aren't just lies he knowingly fabricated to fuel his ego, there may well be some sort of psychosis involved.
I appreciate your experience with this, but I will tell you in my experience as a doc people can go completely off the wall and I do believe it can change what you say and believe (while you continue in your manic state)

Atheists suddenly become religious for one example

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might as well respond since I was holding my tongue. I have type 2 bipolar. So I'm talking from personal experience. I don't experience full blown mania, but I also hit lower lows. Generally speaking @granville hit it on the head. Now it could be possible that someone took advantage of Kayne while during a manic high or low.

However considering that we've seen underpinnings of his beliefs for a long while, before even stopping meds. I'm not so sure that it was the case.
I have known and treated people with BP2 and dated someone with BP2 for 5 years

Really besides the name is has very little in common with BP1

The fact you don't experience mania is a KEY difference

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...