Status
Not open for further replies.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diablo would be great! I'll actually update the op with a "Most Wanted" section :)
add "half life 3(ds)" (port of half life) to the most wanted section, too.

THE NAME OF THE PORT HAS TO BE "half life 3(ds)" (sorry for caps)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder if the original grand theft auto could be ported, too.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

LSolrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
add "half life 3(ds)" (port of half life) to the most wanted section, too.

THE NAME OF THE PORT HAS TO BE "half life 3(ds)" (sorry for caps)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder if the original grand theft auto could be ported, too.

Considering GoldScr is a fork of Quake, why the hell not? Hell, I can play basic HL1 with Darkplaces and the original DOS Quake. (I say basic cause I haven't even gotten to the experiment chamber where it all starts)
Maybe some minor modifications to ctrQuake and we should be ready.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering GoldScr is a fork of Quake, why the hell not? Hell, I can play basic HL1 with Darkplaces and the original DOS Quake. (I say basic cause I haven't even gotten to the experiment chamber where it all starts)
Maybe some minor modifications to ctrQuake and we should be ready.
Not that easy, goldsrc is closed source and xash3d is not that similar to the quake engine nor would it be an easy port. To fix the half life quake mod I believe I only need to increase the cache size

Reactions: SLiV3R

LSolrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not that easy, goldsrc is closed source and xash3d is not that similar to the quake engine nor would it be an easy port. To fix the half life quake mod I believe I only need to increase the cache size

Well how about reverse engineering? Hell that could take a lot longer. But if anyone willing to try I guess. However, I didn't know about the cache size, but there's also the annoying gfx.wad not being an ID2 wad. But if these things can be done, plus the differences, between engines (or at least end-user ones, such as the use button) then we wouldn't be too far off, would we not?

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well how about reverse engineering? Hell that could take a lot longer. But if anyone willing to try I guess. However, I didn't know about the cache size, but there's also the annoying gfx.wad not being an ID2 wad. But if these things can be done, plus the differences, between engines (or at least end-user ones, such as the use button) then we wouldn't be too far off, would we not?
Piggy backig of xash3d is the best bet, the biggest problem is the rendering code and statically linking all parts that make the game

LSolrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Piggy backig of xash3d is the best bet, the biggest problem is the rendering code and statically linking all parts that make the game
I would agree, however, wouldn't HL1 already be done? Considering most probably finished by now. (Or so I hope) if so, if we get xash3d, that could open possibilities beyond HL1, maybe we'd have TFC or CS.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would agree, however, wouldn't HL1 already be done? Considering most probably finished by now. (Or so I hope) if so, if we get xash3d, that could open possibilities beyond HL1, maybe we'd have TFC or CS.
If they have the source that can be recompiled to arm, yes. Half-life's source is open btw

LSolrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
play Xenoblade 3D

Are you seriously compairing Xenoblade 3D with Morrowind? Morrowind (at least OpenMW) requires like 25x processing power and 25x memory size (Minimal requirements are 512 MB of RAM and 1,2 GHZ of computing power for standard Morrowind, and OpenMW is a NON-optimized and NON-finished opensource version of the game...)

Probably PSVITA can handle it (not with Rejuvenate since it has CPU power limitations (333-444 MHZ) but 3DS surely not.

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,
Reactions: SLiV3R

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
wacky wheels!
worms 1&2
dungeon keeper
mortal kombat
street fighter
bomberman
bubble bobble
donkey kong
killer instinct
pong the next level
tetris worlds
supaplex
the question is not what, but what not.
the 90 we're the best games built, though i forgot some names i wished i did remember.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
wacky wheels!
worms 1&2
dungeon keeper
mortal kombat
street fighter
bomberman
bubble bobble
donkey kong
killer instinct
pong the next level
tetris worlds
supaplex
the question is not what, but what not.
the 90 we're the best games built, though i forgot some names i wished i did remember.

Cool games! I'll add those that aren't already near perfect in emulators :)

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you seriously compairing Xenoblade 3D with Morrowind? Morrowind (at least OpenMW) requires like 25x processing power and 25x memory size (Minimal requirements are 512 MB of RAM and 1,2 GHZ of computing power for standard Morrowind, and OpenMW is a NON-optimized and NON-finished opensource version of the game...)

Probably PSVITA can handle it (not with Rejuvenate since it has CPU power limitations (333-444 MHZ) but 3DS surely not.
Sorry ive never played it But Xenoblade 3D is just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4