• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The Best Bread In The World 2023

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Congratulations to my country Malaysia was number 1 for ROTI CANAI the best bread by TasteAtlas! 👏👏👏👏👏

1200px-YosriRotiCanai.jpg

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nst-vir...i-canai-worlds-best-bread-tasteatlas-rankings
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/sout.../malaysias-roti-canai-named-worlds-best-bread
https://says.com/my/makan/malaysian-roti-canai-ranked-best-bread-world
https://worldofbuzz.com/malaysias-roti-canai-ranked-as-one-of-the-best-breads-in-the-world/

5b4b3506-f3bb-45be-a524-50f09ad753b1_ffd5d105.jpg

I love ROTI CANAI! Sooo very YUUUMMMYYY!!!!! :P

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Most of the italian entries are not really bread, more like a pizza or stuff like that. 😅

- "Focaccia" is like pizza but without anything on it (no tomato, no mozzarella)
- "Focaccia genovese" is similar to Focaccia but more soft
- "Focaccia di Recco" is similar to Focaccia but with cheese (very thin focaccia with a lot of cheese).
- "Focaccia Barese" is similar to Focaccia but with cherry tomatoes
- "Piadina Romagnola" is sort of a sandwich, similar to gyro kebab
- "Farinata di ceci" is similar to focaccia but made with chickpeas
- Pane Carasau and Ciabatta are actually bread (even if the first one is more similar to a giant cracker)

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't stand bagels in/from New York City. There's this weird "funk" to them (that everyone seems to love) that's just repulsive to me. Supposedly it's the water and barley malt they use that gives them that defining taste, but to me it tastes like someone ate a bag of mixed nuts and then coughed in your mouth.

This must have been a fun contest to run, though. I've only tasted a handful of the breads on there, but after some googling, a lot of them look pretty damn tasty.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How does Bruegger's Bagels compare to NYC Bagels? Bagels are better than baguettes in general.

Then you have scallion pancakes but no french toast.

If Roti Canai is a kind of naan, I'm sure I would like it.

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As a French citizen, not reaching the top 5 is outrageous... And why did they put "Tarte flambée" in this list?! It's a salted pie! 🤯
Those TasteAtlas fellows seem to have an issue with the definition of what bread is, as @DaRk_ViVi noticed, the Italian entries are quite strange too.

Well, in the end, this Roti Canai stuff looks nice/delicious. 😋

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does Bruegger's Bagels compare to NYC Bagels? Bagels are better than baguettes in general.

Then you have scallion pancakes but no french toast.

If Roti Canai is a kind of naan, I'm sure I would like it.

I went to an event in New Haven, CT that Bruegger's catered. I only tried the everything bagel, but it tasted pretty similar. It had a similar off putting taste that I'm not fond of. In fact, most "NYC-like" bagels I've eaten had a similar taste, which I'm assuming is the malt they add. They might not all use the hyper-processed NYC water, though I've heard of some bagel shops "importing" tap water from the city, which is insane to me.

Not saying that they're bad - but it's definitely not my thing. I'll take a frozen onion bagel or a Stop and Shop asiago bagel over a NYC one any day.

Reactions: tabzer

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Congratulations. :-)

Now if only I had an internet with taste... :sad:

*notices being in gbatemp's political section*

...which I guess is an exception to the rule in this section. :tpi:

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to an event in New Haven, CT that Bruegger's catered. I only tried the everything bagel, but it tasted pretty similar. It had a similar off putting taste that I'm not fond of. In fact, most "NYC-like" bagels I've eaten had a similar taste, which I'm assuming is the malt they add. They might not all use the hyper-processed NYC water, though I've heard of some bagel shops "importing" tap water from the city, which is insane to me.

Not saying that they're bad - but it's definitely not my thing. I'll take a frozen onion bagel or a Stop and Shop asiago bagel over a NYC one any day.

Nothing compares to a true NYC bagel. and they are great IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol