THE BEST GAMERS - Minecraft 1.0 Review (PC)

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lest open our mind and get rid of your fanboy side and look at the video and think do the stuff they really say happen?

Is not the AI in minecraft dumb ? is not the combat broken ? is not the look of the game ugly ? is not the final world a joke ? are not the NPC useless ? take note we are talking about the full retail game for xbox360/PC/Ios
is not the game hardcore?
:tpi:

Anyway,another thing I see wrong with the review is they are grading it like it was meant to be a full console game experience.

the thing is it was suppose to be a full game notch say so long ago that wen they release the game it i will be full and with all the stuff he promise but he LIE

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lest open our mind and get rid of your fanboy side and look at the video and think do the stuff they really say happen?

Is not the AI in minecraft dumb ? is not the combat broken ? is not the look of the game ugly ? is not the final world a joke ? are not the NPC useless ? take note we are talking about the full retail game for xbox360/PC/Ios
is not the game hardcore?
:tpi:

Anyway,another thing I see wrong with the review is they are grading it like it was meant to be a full console game experience.

the thing is it was suppose to be a full game notch say so long ago that wen they release the game it i will be full and with all the stuff he promise but he LIE
Would you mind finding me a direct quote where he lied about what was going to appear in the final game? 'Cause I really don't recall.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A full game as VVVVVV isn't the same full game as in Skyrim.
As in each was built with different limits and audience.

Well, after thinking about it, I don't believe the score should be that low, but they sorta have a point.

I didn't believe the price is fair tho...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Minecraft doesnt deserve a 1 but it doesnt deserve a 10 either, at the state its in I would give it a 7.5.
I wouldn't really argue that, actually. It's still got a hell of a number of bugfixes and content fleshes to go before it feels complete. I mean it only looks like 1/4 potion brewing paths is even implemented.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Troll review aside, pretty much all the points are valid for a review of a game.
Especially for the "full version" cost of...$26.95.
From a gameplay aspect, Minecraft falls short in almost every way.

That said, as a tool/sandbox Minecraft is pretty great.
Decent amount of block variety, easy and relatively quick way to build things, and having to gather the blocks on your own makes whatever you build have a greater sense of accomplishment.
I really wish notch would focus on this aspect of Minecraft more.
Add more craftable items like things we can furnish our buildings with.
Add more block types/variety.
Just add more stuff to play around with.

Survival mode feels like it's confused with itself.
Combat is rather dull since hostile creature present nearly no threat at all as long as you don't stand still.
They pretty much all walk in a straight line and/or are simple to dodge.
There's item enchantment and potion brewing now, but again, the gameplay itself doesn't present enough of a threat to make them worth pursuing.
Which reminds me, in terms of equipable items...has the list of items even changed or increased since alpha?
There's an endgame boss to go after now, but beating it doesn't offer anything new.
There's an ending, but with no plot to start with it's not like you were looking forward to it.
It's just very flawed as a game.

I mean, I like Minecraft, but I play survival mode like a "hard mode" creative mode.
I don't play it for the gameplay.
If I wanted fun gameplay I'd look at mods...but that's not the point.
We're paying notch to play mods that other's have spent time in making.
For free.
Without a proper modding API.

Minecraft has a loooooooong way to go before it can justify the new price in my eyes.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know they are really shit reviewers since IGN gave Minecraft a 9.0.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons to disagree with this review, but when you use an IGN score to validate your opinion, it doesn't really help your argument.

Also, "stuff will presumably be updated so it can't be criticized now" isn't really a valid argument either; you could hypothetically defend any game with the argument of "It will be patched" then.

by your logic them no game can be criticized because they keep getting patches ? take note that minecon was to release the full game the retail game

Not necessarily. You have to criticize the game as is when released; you can't judge it based on what probably will be added on/fixed later by the developers.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because facts were used in the base doesn't mean the product isn't a troll.

Again, look at The Onion for examples.

A troll without any believability isn't going to troll anybody, after all.

troll or no troll the valid points still there

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And if you want a discussion on the game, it's best suited for the PC, Android, or iOS forum.

This is the news section and a troll review was posted as actual news, which it's not.
Not to butt in, but actually, it's not the news section... It's in the General Consoles Discussion. >.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is not the AI in minecraft dumb ?
It's average. it knows what it has to do, and it does it. It's not super intelligent, but it's not completely moronic either.
is not the combat broken ?
No, it's not. Actually it works quite well these days now that zombies invisible-spear-reach was fixed and bows fire properly. Considering it's a game that isn't based around combat, it works well.
is not the look of the game ugly ?
Graphics don't mean anything if they don't hinder the gameplay. The graphics are fine, and actually if they looked more high quality the game would look stupid. Look at the MC clones, they all look like shit and they boast HD graphics.

is not the final world a joke ?

Whats the joke about it? It's brand new and hosts a boss monster. The nether was the same way. it was completely useless outside of being an easy source of lava and mushrooms. But was now expanded upon.

are not the NPC useless ?

Are not they supposed to not be?
Who gives a shit, they're just supposed to roam around town. We survived without NPCs till now, and we still don't NEED them.

take note we are talking about the full retail game for xbox360/PC/Ios

Take note this is Minecraft not Call of Duty. No one expects that everything be 100% there and complete. Minecraft is huge enough and polished enough to be taken out of the "beta" stage, but just like an online game or MMO, full release is an ever expanding entity that only a moron would think was or ever could be "complete".
Most if not everything in the game right now serves a purpose and isn't broken. Whether that entity may one day serve a GREATER purpose (NPCs) is irrelevant.

Got any other moronic 4th grade points from that shitshow troll site?

Reactions: 1 person

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's average. it knows what it has to do, and it does it. It's not super intelligent, but it's not completely moronic either.
but di you play the game they are so dumb the get stuck so easily

No, it's not. Actually it works quite well these days now that zombies invisible-spear-reach was fixed and bows fire properly. Considering it's a game that isn't based around combat, it works well.
if you not going to make it ok dont add it them

Graphics don't mean anything if they don't hinder the gameplay. The graphics are fine, and actually if they looked more high quality the game would look stupid. Look at the MC clones, they all look like shit and they boast HD graphics.
no need to be HD theycould have pull their own style easy just put some effort on the look of the game is all i ask

Whats the joke about it? It's brand new and hosts a boss monster. The nether was the same way. it was completely useless outside of being an easy source of lava and mushrooms. But was now expanded upon.

the game have no plot why add a final boss ? thats the joke

Are not they supposed to not be?
Who gives a shit, they're just supposed to roam around town. We survived without NPCs till now, and we still don't NEED them.
the dont add them if you put NPc on a game you better put the to use i could notcare about them in beta but now is the full game so there no excuse.

Take note this is Minecraft not Call of Duty. No one expects that everything be 100% there and complete. Minecraft is huge enough and polished enough to be taken out of the "beta" stage, but just like an online game or MMO, full release is an ever expanding entity that only a moron would think was or ever could be "complete".
Most if not everything in the game right now serves a purpose and isn't broken. Whether that entity may one day serve a GREATER purpose (NPCs) is irrelevant.
call of duty is a release game and it was judge according to it same goes for minecraft the retail game worth $30 and is been judge as such no game should be giving a free pass

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1