the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely it.

SD:/wiiu/apps/

Probably need to change your game folder names to include the [ID6]. Read through the Loadiine GX2 OP.

Also, FWIW, I've been using Loadiine GX2 v1.2 RC1 without issues as well.

Okay, I got it all running, the games don't load because I don't have their game ID. As far as I know, VC games (RPX converted ones, etc) have no ID that I can use, therefore, this makes loading VC games pretty much impossible, top that off with the fact they have no meta folders, what can I do?

The GX2 OP says I have to have an ID for each folder, well, I tried to make one up for them all, nothing.

@kimmy2000

I don't have retail games, just VC games, including games that "don't exist" on the Wii U eShop (injections of sorts), so I can't get ID for games like Dragon Quest IV, but I think it might use Kirby' Squeak Squad as a template, I don't know. So yeah, VC games are out.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

kimmy2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can get the meta folders from NUSGrabber or JNUSTool if the game has a update.

Search for the Meta folders on Google if don't have an update.

You can locate the Game ID's on this website http://www.gametdb.com/

Just search for the name of the game and it should tell you =)

Last edited by kimmy2000,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got it all running, the games don't load because I don't have their game ID. As far as I know, VC games (RPX converted ones, etc) have no ID that I can use, therefore, this makes loading VC games pretty much impossible, top that off with the fact they have no meta folders, what can I do?

The GX2 OP says I have to have an ID for each folder, well, I tried to make one up for them all, nothing.

I don't have retail games, just VC games, including games that "don't exist" on the Wii U eShop (injections of sorts), so I can't get ID for games like Dragon Quest IV, but I think it might use Kirby' Squeak Squad as a template, I don't know. So yeah, VC games are out.
You need to learn to triple check and follow instructions to a T. :P

Once you get the [ID6] in the Wii U game names, those will work. Meta folders are only for the icon and background. As mentioned, you can get those by downloading an update on PC and snagging the meta folder out of it. Cover images go in their own respective folder with the same ID6.PNG as the Game ID.

As far as VC, you can just make up ANY [ID6] and they will work. Injected games obviously have a chance of not working at all depending on which game was injected over which base game... there are compatibility issues there. I've been in the habit of using the Wii Game ID's (if they had the title for Wii VC) and then for the Company Code I just use the year that the system was released. You can do anything really, though. For icons, backgrounds, and covers, you have to make your own! I just use PAINT.NET to open a different game's icon or background (TGA) for the proper dimensions, then edit and save as a new file in the self-made meta folder for that game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No it doesn't. I get error 112-1007, cannot display page.
Try to restart Mongoose, run as admin, add it to firewall allow list, restart the Wii U, and/or make sure you're trying to connect to the correct IP + Port for the Wii U.

Ex: Mine is "http://192.168.1.239:8080" (yours is 99.9% likely to be different, just an example for the proper format)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to learn to triple check and follow instructions to a T. :P

Once you get the [ID6] in the Wii U game names, those will work. Meta folders are only for the icon and background. As mentioned, you can get those by downloading an update on PC and snagging the meta folder out of it. Cover images go in their own respective folder with the same ID6.PNG as the Game ID.

As far as VC, you can just make up ANY [ID6] and they will work. Injected games obviously have a chance of not working at all depending on which game was injected over which base game... there are compatibility issues there. I've been in the habit of using the Wii Game ID's (if they had the title for Wii VC) and then for the Company Code I just use the year that the system was released. You can do anything really, though. For icons, backgrounds, and covers, you have to make your own! I just use PAINT.NET to open a different game's icon or background (TGA) for the proper dimensions, then edit and save as a new file in the self-made meta folder for that game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try to restart Mongoose, run as admin, add it to firewall allow list, restart the Wii U, and/or make sure you're trying to connect to the correct IP + Port for the Wii U.

Ex: Mine is "http://192.168.1.239:8080" (yours is 99.9% likely to be different, just an example for the proper format)

I finally got it working, I got a little too overly excited when I finally got the exploit and HBL loading, so I admit that I made myself my own worse enemy in that regard :P I made up my own IDs (which I used the same ones on every one [XXXXXX] and it worked fine.
Now, when you say "by downloading an update on PC and snagging the meta folder out of it", what do you mean exactly? The HBL update? I just downloaded that and I didn't see any meta folders, where do I get that from? :blink: I'm sorry I keep asking questions, but I really don't know what this is talking about.

I feel as though I fried my brain doing all this today -_-

Edit: I just... *sigh*

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it working, I got a little too overly excited when I finally got the exploit and HBL loading, so I admit that I made myself my own worse enemy in that regard :P I made up my own IDs (which I used the same ones on every one [XXXXXX] and it worked fine.
Now, when you say "by downloading an update on PC and snagging the meta folder out of it", what do you mean exactly? The HBL update? I just downloaded that and I didn't see any meta folders, where do I get that from? :blink: I'm sorry I keep asking questions, but I really don't know what this is talking about.

I feel as though I fried my brain doing all this today -_-
Look up "JNUStool", it is a custom NUSGrabber type application that will download meta data for games if they have updates on the NUS

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean you can't use XXXXXX on ALL of them or else when you add covers they will all be the same XXXXXX.PNG cover. lol. But you're on a good start at least. :P

No, kimmy2000 mentioned at the top of this page that you have to use the New NUSGrabber GUI or NJUSTool (search the forum for their threads) to download game updates. So, say I download the v16 update of Captain Toad (idk if this really exists but go with it lol). Inside the decrypted update files, there will be a meta folder with the icon and images. This is a good way to get them if the original dump/download you have didn't include it.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look up "JNUStool", it is a custom NUSGrabber type application that will download meta data for games if they have updates on the NUS

I must be doing something wrong, then, I downloaded it and opened it up, but I see nothing under Captain Toad, all I see is this,
http://i.imgur.com/5ukZDFD.png

Why don't I see actual game updates to download?

*sigh*

I mean you can't use XXXXXX on ALL of them or else when you add covers they will all be the same XXXXXX.PNG cover. lol. But you're on a good start at least. :P

No, kimmy2000 mentioned at the top of this page that you have to use the New NUSGrabber GUI or NJUSTool (search the forum for their threads) to download game updates. So, say I download the v16 update of Captain Toad (idk if this really exists but go with it lol). Inside the decrypted update files, there will be a meta folder with the icon and images. This is a good way to get them if the original dump/download you have didn't include it.

Ugh, this whole thing is still new to me, gonna take me a while to get used to :P

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use that version, it's old and broken. Only use the "NEW NUSGrabber GUI" or "JNUStool"

It's trying to connect to the internet, and now has a "not responding" ugh. Well, I downloaded Captain Toad update (latest) but it didn't generate a meta file. Maybe I'll have to ask someone to send me one of their own, unless that's a big no no, I don't know.:unsure:

Edit: @TotalInsanity4

That should work, if you can find someone willing to do it

(Don't look at me, I don't have an SD card with enough space for a game, let alone a Loadiine setup)

Not asking for a game update, just the meta folder, because when I downloaded an update, I saw no such meta folder :( This is giving me a headache.

I don't have any means of getting a meta folder.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's trying to connect to the internet, and now has a "not responding" ugh. Well, I downloaded Captain Toad update (latest) but it didn't generate a meta file. Maybe I'll have to ask someone to send me one of their own, unless that's a big no no, I don't know.:unsure:

(Don't look at me, I don't have an SD card with enough space for a game, let alone a Loadiine setup)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, I tried the new NUSGrabber and I was able to get the download for the update fine, but unfortunately, it never generated a new folder for meta at all, I looked everywhere. I also thought to try and decrypt the update, but that wouldn't do any good. My head hurts now :P :lol:

I'm definitely gonna need to ask for someone's meta folder to use as a template.

kimmy2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I tried the new NUSGrabber and I was able to get the download for the update fine, but unfortunately, it never generated a new folder for meta at all, I looked everywhere. I also thought to try and decrypt the update, but that wouldn't do any good. My head hurts now :P :lol:

I'm definitely gonna need to ask for someone's meta folder to use as a template.

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong but basically:

1. Download the update
2. Press 'Decrypt Downlaod'
3. Select the folder where you have download the update to in step 1.
4. Select the 'CKey' which you have created when you first installed NEW NUSGrabber (You need only need to select this once and for future decrypts it wont prompt for it)
5. It will create the 3 folders in the folder of the downloaded update in step 1.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you are doing wrong but basically:

1. Download the update
2. Press 'Decrypt Downlaod'
3. Select the folder where you have download the update to in step 1.
4. Select the 'CKey' which you have created when you first installed NEW NUSGrabber (You need only need to select this once and for future decrypts it wont prompt for it)
5. It will create the 3 folders in the folder of the downloaded update in step 1.

Odd, because it never prompted me to make a CKey when I unzipped it, it didn't "install" anything but just unzipped a bunch of loose files that came with it. Clearly I messed something up yet again. -_-

I got the program from this very thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-the-new-nusgrabbergui.411228/ but again when I unzipped it, it installed nothing, I just ran the program but it never asked or created a CKey file. Just my luck. I don't know what to do.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so when you try to decrypt does it ask you for the CKey?

Yes, but it never generated one, I don't have a bin file, I have no way of getting a bin file, this is really starting to get to me :( I'll make a video if I have to show what happens just to prove that no CKey.bin is ever made or that I have no way of using one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...