MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No I'm not a crazy person on the street, shouting and yelling "The end is near, repent!" I'm talking about the end of Ds-x.

As you may know, the domains for Ds-x are up at the end of this month, or like another source said on the Ds-x forum, July 17. I thought it was July 31 but, whatever. This most likely means the end of the Ds-x scam and lies but it also means that a few people that are having "very common" problems are going to be up sh!t creek without a paddle. Too bad, get a real cart.

I'm looking forward to it, maybe the scammers behind Ds-x will release some sort of statement, maybe they will release the source code and maybe some of the mods are gonna come over here and share with us some information. But let's face it, the team ran like cowards, never informed anyone, lied about future update, refused to release the source code and the mods, for some reason, stood right behind them and spit on the little guy, us, the paying customers.

Should the sites go down, will anyone from the team speak up? Of course not, remember the last time Ds-Guru spoke up? He asked us to feel sorry for the team and if we didn't like it, my your own firmware a$$hole!

That always was the problem wasn't it. Horrible customer relationships, lies, empty promises, ignorance, trash talk from the mods and in the end, escape out the back door. When (if) the sites go down, this is the only place that anyone from the team might speak up, if they don't, they really are the scammers and liars that we make them to be.

That would be you, Ds-x Guru, Rabid1, thegame07, ChuckMB, Hso and all the others who stood behind the team and not the customers, we don't know what happened, why won't you tell us? What difference will it make, Ds-x is dead, don't you guys care about respect?

(BTW, thegame07 is ok by me and P1ngpong is too young for grown-up talk)

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK Rabid went out of his way to make sure people were getting help, even with the support tracker in chaos. Please don't point this to him. Plus, a prominent coder is working on a project that can benefit us DS-X owners. No its not custom firmware, but it is a very nice feature that will still expand the capabilities of the cart.

Edit: Just because the domains are down does not mean the boards will be dead. You can always add the IP to your host file.

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
"Rabid went out of his way to make sure people were getting help"

Oh sure, and he effectively and completly destroyed an entire user base, why do you think nobody hangs around a forum where you can't post anything without having it deleted/edited? He may be trying to help the people with problems but he took a big dump on everybody else who just wanted to hang around and ask questions about the future of their product. He made it clear that casual talk wasn't welcome, insulting customers and calling them scumbags and losers didn't help the ever dying community.

Either Rabid1 was dumb enuff to believe the members of the team when he said "A new firmware is coming up" or he just made that up to try to shut us up, you decide.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I think I may be gone soon too, if I am I just want you to know I love you all, you guys have been more than a family to me!!!!
cry.gif

Never forget p1ngpong, and never forget he loves you all!!!

One day we will all be together in DS-X heaven, where the carts have unlimited memory and mac support, there is a firmware update every day, and we all get to suckle off Rabid1's teat together until we are full
gbasp.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Registrant:
Kevin Carter
Yu Stin Ki Pu 56
China, 726300
China

Domain Name: DS-XTREME.COM
Created on: 17-Jul-06
Expires on: 17-Jul-08
Last Updated on: 05-Aug-06

Administrative Contact:
Carter, Kevin
Yu Stin Ki Pu 56
China, 726300
China

Technical Contact:
Carter, Kevin
Yu Stin Ki Pu 56
China, 726300
China

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.RACKSPACE.COM
NS2.RACKSPACE.COM

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
p1ngpong said:
One day we will all be together in DS-X heaven, where the carts have unlimited memory and mac support, there is a firmware update every day, and we all get to suckle off Rabid1's teat together until we are full
gbasp.gif

lol

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Narin said:
Registrant:
Kevin Carter
Yu Stin Ki Pu 56
China, 726300
China

Administrative Contact:
Carter, Kevin
Yu Stin Ki Pu 56
China, 726300
China

Technical Contact:
Carter, Kevin
Yu Stin Ki Pu 56
China, 726300
China

stin ki pu...STINKY POO...

ph34r.gif

Imagine this Carter guy giving this address through the telephone.

Calls 999...
CARTER: Help me! (insert incident here)
OPERATOR: What's the address, sir?
CARTER: Yu Stin Ki Pu! Yu Stin Ki Pu!
OPERATOR: Excuse me?
CARTER: YU STIN KI PU!!!
OPERATOR: (hangs up)

CARTER: (twitches for a while...OUENDAN!)

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PKGINGO said:
AFAIK Rabid went out of his way to make sure people were getting help, even with the support tracker in chaos. Please don't point this to him. Plus, a prominent coder is working on a project that can benefit us DS-X owners. No its not custom firmware, but it is a very nice feature that will still expand the capabilities of the cart.

Edit: Just because the domains are down does not mean the boards will be dead. You can always add the IP to your host file.
Can you give us any more info?

EDIT: I actually kinda wanted the team to revive. I moved on to an R4 within a month, I think, but it would still be cool to get some use out of the damn thing. Hopefully some coders will cook something up.

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DNS contact information is obviously fake.

As for rabid, I truly believe he was trying to keep drama out, and use the boards as a means of support as they were intended. Yes, its a shame much content was censored, but I really do think he was doing what he felt was in the best interest of everyone on the boards.

As for the project, it's not my place to announce it or who is working on it. But I will say that all slot 1 cards (even the ones without a secure area like the DS-X) will benefit from it
smile.gif
. That being said, I can say as of yesterday some great progress was made, but still had some strange bugs. Oddly enough, the DS-X was the only slot 1 card that correctly worked at this point, but it is trivial right now since when the OS loads, certain registers are being initialized. I won't answer anything else about this until it's released. Sorry, his job to announce it, not mine. I just don't want you guys to throw out your carts in vein if this is one of the features you switched for.

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, good luck with that, didn't work so well for the last guy who had a project on the ds-x, I believe he was banned from the ds-x forum. It sure would be nice if they would release the source code, I wonder how hard that would be ...

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's NOT custom firmware so it is not going to need the source, though it would help. It really would be nice if the source was released, but I have the feeling it would cause more harm to the industry if they did, so perhaps its best they don't...

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
PKGINGO said:
It's NOT custom firmware so it is not going to need the source, though it would help. It really would be nice if the source was released, but I have the feeling it would cause more harm to the industry if they did, so perhaps its best they don't...
In what way would it harm the industry? It's not like they actually have something really interesting in the sourcecode.

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, no interesting source code, but think how many wannabe bootleggers would just use that code and try to make another (and probably inferior) flashcart. For the same basic concept, (and others) Nitrohax's source is not available because the first step in making a program like that is coding a dumper.

On top of that, my post above didn't come out exactly how I wanted when I posted it... I was way too tired...

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, today is the last day that Ds-x domains are active, should go down at midnight, not sure what time zone! I wonder what would happen to this forum section, will it also get shutdown eventually? Should someone inform the staff that the link in the only sticky doesn't work? Well see, I think I'll have a few beers and stay up to celebrate, closure at last...

And WTF are the ds-x mods going to be doing now? Did they find a rock to crawl under? I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to step up and answer my question, A very simple question...

What happened?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1