Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

shawksly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: I believe your problem is that in @Tetsuo Shima 's consoles.ini button 15 is Genesis and he has the magic number wrong. it is 53454762 and should be 53454761. after you change it you need to start wiiflow - go to genesis and press HOME to select reload cache.
also tetsuo you need to remove 53454762 from platform ini. not sure how it got there.

if this does not do the trick then i need you to answer the questions below.

1. are you using sourceflow or source menu?
2. do you have the other consoles hidden?
3. did you modify tetsuo's source menu ini's manually with a text editor?

That absolutely fixed it! Switched the consoles.ini line, and commented out the 53454762 line in plugins.ini. Works like a charm!

Thank you for your time, and apologies again for the forum clutter. :)

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@fledge68 @shawksly
I'm glad you found out the issue. I've checked a very old backup I had of platform.ini (02 December 2019, way before the plugins pack) and 53454762 was already there (named GENESIS).
I'm not sure how did it happen, it must be one of my early attempts to edit magic numbers.
I apologize for this mistake. Thanks for finding this out.

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima
hi, may i ask you where did you find the version of MAME2003Plus_A.dol included in your pack?
the one included in original release from MAME2003-WII-0.4.zip is 7.115.136 bytes long, yours is 7.257.504 bytes.
it's the only different file, the other cores A2,B,B2 and so on seem the sames...
thanks, spinoman

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima
hi, may i ask you where did you find the version of MAME2003Plus_A.dol included in your pack?
the one included in original release from MAME2003-WII-0.4.zip is 7.115.136 bytes long, yours is 7.257.504 bytes.
it's the only different file, the other cores A2,B,B2 and so on seem the sames...
thanks, spinoman
Thanks for spotting this out. I totally forgot about this one.
It's a lightgun version from Wiimpathy. here's the thread
I tested it some time ago, and saw no difference in compatibility with the non-lightgun games.
I couldn't make it work properly with motion controls, but maybe I made some mistake with the configuration.
However, seeing that it didn't break anything for the other 'core A' games, I've decided to leave it there.
I've not tested the other cores, so they were not included. If anyone can confirm that they are working good too, I will update them.

Reactions: spinoman

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima
I'm using RA-HEXAECO mods made by @rogerioronin for quite a few of my main plugins using the magic numbers for the RA-HEXAECO and they work fine. After configuring input on RA-HEXAECO FCEUmm-mod, now FDS disk swapping is working great. I believe this plugin is the best NES choice and now with complete working FDS, I am convinced. There is no magic# support on the platform.ini for this plugin however, so I've been using my own. Also, there is no "backup" plugin for WonderSwan or Atari Lynx and with a few input adjustments using RA-HEXAECO-mods, they both work great for vertical games. These RA-HEXAECO-mods allow for independent button configuration for each plugin with no loss in compatibility, aside from NeoGeo, where a few games require extra configuration. There is no need to add separate magic# to these, I wanted to say they exist and are superior imo. I also wanted to note FCEURX is missing for NES/FDS. WiiMednafen also supports SG-1000 & that plugin could/should be added as it runs those games great. If you would like, I could PM you setup for the RA-HEXAECO-mods to save you the trouble if you are interested in adding these to the pack. I'm completely staying away from all GX emulators as plugins, with exception of Sega-CD which I have GX plugin as alternative to RA-HEXAECO-mod.

I've rambled long enough but I want to post a few more things. I think you posted the SD/USB compatibility earlier in the thread pertaining to the ports, but wanted to save others the trouble just in case.

Alien Breed Obliteration (SD Only)
OpenHCL (SD Only)
OpenJazz (SD Only)
OpenSupaplex (SD Only)

Everything else I've installed works with USB or SD/USB.

One last thing I have a question about? After downloading your misc covers pack, I see you have covers for some Doom mods I was not aware of. I'm assuming you are using PRBOOM?

The Darkening - I've been only to get episode 2 to work.
Doom 3: Smiley Safari - Don't know this one?
Chex Quest - Don't know this one?
Star Trek - I love Star Trek but haven't been able to find anything working.

Are these mods free? Are they favorites?

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's wonderful @RunningSnakes ! Thanks a lot!!
Yes please, I would be happy if you could send me your Hexaeco setup.
I've already updated the pack based on the previous reportings from you and @Hakaisha, I just wanted to wait for the release of WiisxRX to upload the updated pack.
One last thing I have a question about? After downloading your misc covers pack, I see you have covers for some Doom mods I was not aware of. I'm assuming you are using PRBOOM?

The Darkening - I've been only to get episode 2 to work.
Doom 3: Smiley Safari - Don't know this one?
Chex Quest - Don't know this one?
Star Trek - I love Star Trek but haven't been able to find anything working.

Are these mods free? Are they favorites?
I'm sorry but those covers are not in my cover packs, I've never played those mods, and I know nothing about them.
I think you downloaded them from some other pack.
The only "mod" I've tried was Sigil, but performances on prboom are really bad, so I made no cover for it

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I'll have to find where I got those covers, just recently. I thought they were a little bland for a Tetsuo release:P, but nonetheless, I'm not complaining about someone's work. I've tried many Doom mods through PRBoom (30-40) that seem to run full speed, but I don't play long enough to give accurate test results. I'll send the RA-HEXAECO-mod files in some hours after I get a few hours of sleep.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having a strange issue with the Sega Genesis plugins. All of them are looking for roms in usb1:/roms/Genesis, but the number of detected games is different.
- Retroarch displays 56 games
- RA-hexaeco 17 games
- Wiimednafen 37 games
- Genplus GX 37 games

I thought at least Retroarch and Hexaeco should show the same games, but there's a huge difference instead.
All the ini files have the same filetypes and romdir.
filetypes=.md|.smd|.bin|.gen|.zip
romdir=roms/Genesis
rompartition=1
I've tried multiple times to reload the cache and recreating the games lists, to no avail.
I have no hidden category or favourite games for the genesis plugins.
Is there someone so kind to confirm this bug?

Edit: Fixed now

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm having a strange issue with the Sega Genesis plugins. All of them are looking for roms in usb1:/roms/Genesis, but the number of detected games is different.
- Retroarch displays 56 games
- RA-hexaeco 17 games
- Wiimednafen 37 games
- Genplus GX 37 games

I thought at least Retroarch and Hexaeco should show the same games, but there's a huge difference instead.
All the ini files have the same filetypes and romdir.

I've tried multiple times to reload the cache and recreating the games lists, to no avail.
I have no hidden category or favourite games for the genesis plugins.
Is there someone so kind to confirm this bug?

I hace over 3700 mame roms.
Sometimes the title is repeated three times.

Source Inis are pointing one magic.
And the total therefore is slightly increased.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Disregard my previous message, it was a stupid case of mistaken SD card:wacko:
@kokokool when you have duplicated games, there must be some other plugin .ini that is using the same magic number and romdir. Therefore, even if your source menu has only one magic number, it displays the games multiple times.
You can try to use the Select plugin function from the main menu, to see if there are more than one active checkmarks.

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Disregard my previous message, it was a stupid case of mistaken SD card:wacko:
@kokokool when you have duplicated games, there must be some other plugin .ini that is using the same magic number and romdir. Therefore, even if your source menu has only one magic number, it displays the games multiple times.
You can try to use the Select plugin function from the main menu, to see if there are more than one active checkmarks.

Ive checked that months ago and also with the new feature.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hace over 3700 mame roms.
Sometimes the title is repeated three times.

Source Inis are pointing one magic.
And the total therefore is slightly increased.

I'm betting when you see the same title multiple times that you have clones of the parent rom. and you have titles from plugin database ON.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima before you release a update and just in case you missed it.

not only did raz0red update wiicolem and made it wiiflow plugin friendly.
he also updated wii7800 and made it wiiflow friendly (v0.5 march 24th, 2020)
so you can get rid of the matt0620 mods from 2013.
although i can't confirm the wiiflow friendly part since I don't use them.

edit: @RunningSnakes how do you know the libretro dols released by rogerioronin are mods of superrsonic's hexaeco mods? I see that he has released new ones in may of 2020 but I'm not seeing the connection to hexaeco. although i'm too lazy to dig thru all the commits. I thought roger's mods were based off of ra 1.0.0.2?

Last edited by fledge68,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68

Yes, I think you are referring to the RA 1.0.0.2 pack he released at that time. He has released separate/individual RA setups for various systems, where he has credited SuperrSonic for the work. They all use the same folder structure SS uses, only branched to individual folders within, to allow for his mods to co-exist with no conficts. This is why I consider these to be RA-SS-mods. They also allow "Independent Plugin Controller Button Configuration", which is HUGE.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

OfficialRammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey All, please can anyone help me regarding the Atari Lynx? I'm having an absolute shocker :wtf: From my understanding there're 2 emulators for the Lynx on wii: WiiHandy & WiiMednafen. Now WiiMednafen being my go to for any emulation it supports I'm really shocked hardly anything works with the Lynx, I don't know what Im doing wrong?

I've tried zipping, unzipping (.lnx) I have downloaded the lynxboot.img and placed it into the WiiMednafen Directory and only a Small handful of games work. I just get a 'Unrecognised File Format. Sorry.'

I'm sad now, was looking forward to playing Chips Challenge :cry: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@OfficialRammy I use wiimednafen for lynx and it's working great for me. I had one problem in the past with some lynx roms that weren't working, but I had no such error message. They were just freezing. I solved it replacing my roms with different dumps.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

OfficialRammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@OfficialRammy I use wiimednafen for lynx and it's working great for me. I had one problem in the past with some lynx roms that weren't working, but I had no such error message. They were just freezing. I solved it replacing my roms with different dumps.
So is the issue my roms? They're a No Intro rom set, never had a problem with any of his files before. Very Strange. What file format do you use for your Lynx Roms? Are you also using WiiMednafen 3.0 Snapshot?

xLAKITUx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the issue my roms? They're a No Intro rom set, never had a problem with any of his files before. Very Strange. What file format do you use for your Lynx Roms? Are you also using WiiMednafen 3.0 Snapshot?

I had the exact same issue with my no-intro set. Looking at an earlier conversation in this thread, I went with the GoodSet Lynx roms which solved my issue.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiMednafen is picky with Sega Genesis/Mega Drive roms as well. The file extension (.bin, .gen, .smd, .md) isn't the problem, WiiMednafen needs a specific rom type for these also. I cannot recall if it is headered, no- intro, but think I went back to my old 2005 set of GoodGens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.