Hardware The History of a bad Laser...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok...I have a strange and weird problem, that has definitely something to do with the Laser, so I'll try it here:

Well, my question is about Brawl...It worked fine before without any problems via the Disc and I was also able to dump it to the USB-HD without problems. A few days ago, suddenly it locked up after I finished a Battle. Also the Green-Error Screen came sometimes up, and I wasn't able to dump it to the USB-HD (stopped by 55,1%). So looks for me like it can't acess the second layer, and fails there...I guessed it has to be something with the Disc, but the disc is clean, couldn't see something on it...no scratches, nothing. Also another Brawl-Disc gave me the same problems...So it must be something with the laser...other games work fine....so I thought I'll clean my Laser, maybe it's dirty, and it can't acess the second layer therefore. Bought an expensive "Wii Lens Clenaing Kit" from Nintendo, and cleaned my laser...still the same problems...

What now? I think I've tried everything, and the last thing I want is to send it to Nintendo...I think it can't be that the laser needs to be tweaked, beacuse it worked before, and the Wii never fell down or something like that...Please help me...all I want is that the laser works correctly..
frown.gif

Thanks in Advance

~Blue-K

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tweaking the laser, would more than likely fix the problem, you could search for a pot tweak tut,
Or Send it to Big N

you could just download the Game of the Net and add to your USB Hard Drive from your PC, and bypass fixing the problem all together

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mhm...tweaking the laser...as far as I got it, you have to turn a bit a Screw, like to see here:

How the hell has Brawl worked perfect before, and now it won't? That's so unlogical...damm
frown.gif
. It's impossible that this Screw has turned without any reason...never moved my Wii for 2 Years...what happend...?

Like I've said before, I never will send it to Nintendo...I don't see why tweaking should work, because it worked before, and it's impossible that the Screw moved...and downloading 7GB again...mhm...guess I'll have a Brawl-Free time, until I can acess the School-PC again (3MB/s
tongue.gif
)..
frown.gif
. Damm you, Nintendo!!!
dry.gif

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Laser diodes degrade over time and component tolerances can drift too. You may get a bit more life out of the laser by decreasing the potentiometer slightly (multimeter required) but beware if it is starting to wear out increasing the power (lowering the pot) will only shorten it's lifespan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Head