Homebrew WIP The Homebrew Launcher (Concept Graphics)

boscocraftXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I threw together this app mock-up for the SwitchBrew launcher
3Z8bM3O.png
Me like. It works for the switch... but it seems kinda.... boring.... with homebrew launcher/homebrew channel you had catchy background music and the famous bubbles.... this just seems... empty...

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I don't find this bad either:
http://switchbru.com/appstore/#/
That's how the HBM (it's not the HBL any longer but the Homebrew Menu) could look like on the Switch as well.
At least I'd prefer a dark theme. Could have some red or blue waves though.
By the way @pwsincd: Why is the appstore not included in the header on SwitchBru?
yeah i did notice i had missed that also.. however its missing content. lol

Reactions: KiiWii

NitroCipher

GBAtemp's Resident Alchemist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me like. It works for the switch... but it seems kinda.... boring.... with homebrew launcher/homebrew channel you had catchy background music and the famous bubbles.... this just seems... empty...

I never exactly liked the bubbles and all. I might throw a version together that looks similar though

soully

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dribbble.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been watching the Switch developments closely too, I've not really done any design work for the scene in ages; I did the original graphics for the Wii Homebrew Channel back in the day and I submitted a logo design to Smea's 3DS Homebrew Launcher which didn't get used, but here's the UI I'd personally like to see for a Switch homebrew launcher. I'd definitely love to chat to anyone who could make it happen...

*cough* So seeing as I can't post links on the forum as a newbie... anyone feeling kind enough to post these for me?

imgurdotcom/a/fKE3T (dot to .)

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been watching the Switch developments closely too, I've not really done any design work for the scene in ages; I did the original graphics for the Wii Homebrew Channel back in the day and I submitted a logo design to Smea's 3DS Homebrew Launcher which didn't get used, but here's the UI I'd personally like to see for a Switch homebrew launcher. I'd definitely love to chat to anyone who could make it happen...

*cough* So seeing as I can't post links on the forum as a newbie... anyone feeling kind enough to post these for me?

Them look good. We need that for the switch !!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That looks so much better than the current theme imo. Would love to see that happen eventually.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

drXiBQ6.jpg
E0tJzdF.jpg
4Frq3r6.jpg

Wow! Clean, Legible, and Classy!

I sure hope @SciresM, @Daeken, @Dazzozo, @Normmatt, @jaames, and/or any other devs working on the Switch have a look at these mockups!

Great work, @soully!

Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I've contributed several graphics, coding, and development testing to the Wii (see here & here) and Wii U Scenes (see here), I thought I'd tinker with some concept graphics for the Switch.

They’re nothing special, but they’re formatted to 16:9 (1920x1080) aspect ratio, to work with the Switch's full output resolution. I would assume and speculate that it can easily be modified for use on the integrated display, as well.

When/If "The Homebrew Launcher" for Switch ever comes to fruition, I'd be happy to allow the developers to use this and/or other concept graphics of mine in their work.

BACKGROUNDS - RED

BACKGROUNDS - BLUE

APP ICONS - RED

APP ICONS - BLUE
Hey man, really nice logos. I'm going to modify one/two (dunno yet) of them and use them in a homebrew project I'm working on with someone, is it okay if I do and give credit?

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,
Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, really nice logos. I'm going to modify one/two (dunno yet) of them and use them in a homebrew project I'm working on with someone, is it okay if I do and give credit?

No problem. You may use them at your leisure. =)
Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
Since I've contributed several graphics, coding, and development testing to the Wii (see here & here) and Wii U Scenes (see here), I thought I'd tinker with some concept graphics for the Switch.

They’re nothing special, but they’re formatted to 16:9 (1920x1080) aspect ratio, to work with the Switch's full output resolution. I would assume and speculate that it can easily be modified for use on the integrated display, as well.

When/If "The Homebrew Launcher" for Switch ever comes to fruition, I'd be happy to allow the developers to use this and/or other concept graphics of mine in their work.

BACKGROUNDS - RED

BACKGROUNDS - BLUE

APP ICONS - RED

APP ICONS - BLUE
Marry me

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2
D

Deleted User

i just wanted to chime in an say the bubbles on wii were fantastic! Especially the ability to pop them with the controller. Since the joycon has similar abilities I would love to see high res bubbles how about some fish even?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music