The Kingdom Hearts games are coming to Steam

khearts.png

After a little more than three years of exclusivity with the Epic Games Store, Square Enix has decided to bring their beloved Kingdom Hearts franchise to Steam. The whole saga headed to Steam includes Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD ReMix, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Kingdom Hearts III and its Re Mind DLC, with the full collection packed together under the Kingdom Hearts Integrum Masterpiece label. They'll all be releasing the same day, on June 13th.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
People have definitely gotten too comfortable with taking the worst of what short-sighted corporations decide to dish out. TV/movie streaming is probably the most prominent example in recent years, it has nearly circled all the way back around to becoming cable. Thus piracy once again becomes the solution to a service problem.
This is why I’ve been so openly advocating for piracy. People let the world become the hellsake it is due to their own inaction. Piracy is now the only way to fight against this mess. People need to stop being consumers. Consumerism needs to die already.

Reactions: Kioku and Xzi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is why I’ve been so openly advocating for piracy. People let the world become the hellsake it is due to their own inaction. Piracy is now the only way to fight against this mess. People need to stop being consumers. Consumerism needs to die already.
This will likely be the year I step away from mainstream services... for this exact reason. Prices are skyrocketing for media services like Netflix, but the content and quality remains unchanged. Already looking at a full move from Windows since Microsoft is hellbent on ruining the user experience. I will need to relearn some of the alternative sites for my needs.. but, I'm paying $300 more than I need to, annually, for services that have become what they sought to destroy.

Reactions: Xzi

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about fucking time...

tbh i feel like Square is only doing this cause they're salty that their console exclusives are underperforming and need something quick to generate profits so that it'll look good for the next fiscal quarter (it's a very "break glass in case Rebirth doesn't make all of the money")

also implies that they could have done this at literally any time BUT HEY glad to be able to play this on my Steam Deck with no weird workarounds

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tbh i feel like Square is only doing this cause they're salty that their console exclusives are underperforming and need something quick to generate profits so that it'll look good for the next fiscal quarter (it's a very "break glass in case Rebirth doesn't make all of the money")
Rebirth did pretty good numbers, but it would've done much better numbers if it had launched simultaneously on Steam. Square's bigger problem though is their tendency to chase dumb investments like crypto and NFTs.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
Sure does, so why shouldn't they offer the games on all stores?

What? Over your head, becasue I never once said it shouldn't be. Not to mention that's the exact opposite of the point that was being made. The point was that not everything is offered in every store. No one does 100% of their shopping from one, single, place. Why? There is no one, single, place that offers everything there is to buy. The point was that it doesn't really matter much because it was already available on PC. Not that is shouldn't be sold in more than one place.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone's getting completely up in arms debating whether or not the Steam ports deserve this attention (since Kingdom Hearts was already on EGS), but no one's mentioned that this announcement came with a brand-new re-recording of Simple and Clean, which automatically makes it a net win!

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
Everyone's getting completely up in arms debating whether or not the Steam ports deserve this attention (since Kingdom Hearts was already on EGS)

I think it's great they are on Steam. I just don't think it's anything to be excited about for the reasons already stated. It's like saying "OMG! The grocery store I usually go to now carries Peter Pan peanut butter!", when the other store 10 steps away has carried it for years. Cool, it's nice they have it now, but it's not really anything to be exited about when it was already readily and very easily available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: hi everyone.