'The Last of Us' live action series premieres in January

last of us.JPG

HBO has officially announced the premiere date for its live action series adaptation of The Last of Us:

Starting January 15, we will be able to see how Naughty Dog's post-apocalyptic world translates to TV in a non-interactive fashion. Do you look forward to the series?

:arrow: SOURCE

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Chernobyl mini series was fantastic and this is from the same director. It could be great as long as they don't drag it out over multiple seasons. Definitely worth a watch from me!
I actually disliked that. Mainly because they spoke in English which sounded weird considering Chernobyl happened in Ukraine, not in America, Britain, Canada, or Australia.

Guess subtitles would be too hard for the viewers.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have low hopes for this

Too many people trying to pump out half assed video game adaptations
I dont know, they could pull it off if they pull away from the games storyline.... well its going to have to if its to be more than few seasons long, as we all know how it's going to end.

If they can create good enough characters while pulling away from the game, then it could work seeing how easy people are buying into all this multiverse ahem "milking the cash cow" crap.

TWD managed to do ok for a few seasons and still managed to drag its dead ass for what 11 seasons?

But unlike TWD and all its cash cow spin offs, if they can focus on keeping the shows story/characters interesting, then it could work.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know, they could pull it off if they pull away from the games storyline.... well its going to have to if its to be more than few seasons long, as we all know how it's going to end.

If they can create good enough characters while pulling away from the game, then it could work seeing how easy people are buying into all this multiverse ahem "milking the cash cow" crap.

TWD managed to do ok for a few seasons and still managed to drag its dead ass for what 11 seasons?

But unlike TWD and all its cash cow spin offs, if they can focus on keeping the shows story/characters interesting, then it could work.
Few series of The Walking Dead? I thought it went downhill after the pilot (which was excellent, some of the best zombie stuff I had seen in years at that point).

Anyway I am curious if watching a let's play would be an adequate substitute here.

Shape

Trophies
Website
codenametiger.com
XP
Country
United States
Recently, someone told me that starting January 15 we will be able to see Naughty Dog's post-apocalyptic world, "The Last of Us", on HBO. We could all wonder how it will translate onto TV in a non-interactive fashion (which *could* be well/effective) but, in my semi-expert opinion, it will play out pretty similarly to "The Walking Dead" and many other viral-feral apocalypse genre media. Unless you are a hard fanatic on such genre media, these films, TV shows, comics and more are pretty over-played for you. Maybe you'll watch one during the Halloween season, but otherwise there's just too many of them to get excited anymore.

Zombies ate my Neighbors would have made a much better TV show.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first two seasons with Jon Bernthal were the absolute best, then the third and four were still pretty good, and afterwards it just became "watchable."

I gave up watching after season 6 or 7. It just kept on dragging on (no pun) and it bored me to hell.

HBO has a real chance of having an awesome zombie series with a great cast. I personally love seeing Pedro Pascal playing a character ever since his days in Narcos.

I'd love if Pepe Rapazote also showed up in Last of Us. :)

Reactions: Y0shII and pustal

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I actually disliked that. Mainly because they spoke in English which sounded weird considering Chernobyl happened in Ukraine, not in America, Britain, Canada, or Australia.

Guess subtitles would be too hard for the viewers.
I also can't watch any sci-fi, because of this. Like how do aliens speak english, man. /s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j