tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hehe. my kind of humor. reminds me of this:

View attachment 269642

That's the only answer? My pen is in a goat?
Marcianadas_205_1311150956-325.jpg

Marcianadas_205_1311150956-304.jpg

I can see the resemblance.

I came here to comment on this specifically. Forknife is ruining the gaming industry and this is the strongest evidence yet.

Last edited by tabzer,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the only answer?

I can see the resemblance.

I came here to comment on this specifically. Forknife is ruining the gaming industry and this is the strongest evidence yet.
I wonder whhat is under that censor...

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hehe. my kind of humor. reminds me of this:

View attachment 269642

I hate admitting how long this took me to unscramble the intended way.

That's the only answer? My pen is in a goat?

"My goat is in a pen", pen being a small area surrounded by fence, not the tool used for writing with ink.

Edit: yours would be only correct if the pen only contained cabbages (or anything else edible by a goat) before the goat vandalized it, and you translated the phrase from a different language.

Last edited by Sono,

LostRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hate admitting how long this took me to unscramble the intended way.

:D

that-is-right-same-word-used-but-different-meaning.jpg

hehe, yea, it's not that obvious, especially for non-native speakers. One word, multiple meanings. Context is important.
This is not likely to happen so quickly in german for example. We have like 5 different words for the same thing, there's only veeeery little difference :lol:

But well, not surprising anyone, we are freaks anyway, right? :grog:

punctuation.JPG

Edit: Sorry @tabzer, must have missed that

Attachments

• ruler.JPG
    ruler.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by LostRabbit,
Reactions: impeeza and Sono

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
3wNqLxe.jpg

Asset recycling is nothing new in visual arts. I wonder more about the type of person that passes a random tree in a game in the middle of nowhere and goes "hmmmm, I know that tree, I've seen it somewhere before."

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
3wNqLxe.jpg

Asset recycling is nothing new in visual arts. I wonder more about the type of person that passes a random tree in a game in the middle of nowhere and goes "hmmmm, I know that tree, I've seen it somewhere before."

Trees are NPC's too y'know!

I think the whole asset recycling thing is going to get a whole lot better, or it already has recently. The new Unreal Engine has built in Quixel scans of real world objects in near perfect detail that developers can use. That combined with the tools that lets the devs reshape those models in any way they want would mean it would be much harder to tell if something was reused, even if everyone is using the same assets.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Trees are NPC's too y'know!

I think the whole asset recycling thing is going to get a whole lot better, or it already has recently. The new Unreal Engine has built in Quixel scans of real world objects in near perfect detail that developers can use. That combined with the tools that lets the devs reshape those models in any way they want would mean it would be much harder to tell if something was reused, even if everyone is using the same assets.

Doesn't that just mean every game will have the same realistic rocks?

Reactions: rimoJO

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
Doesn't that just mean every game will have the same realistic rocks?

Kind of I guess. In the video the guy said about 15k free assets, so there's probably more paid ones too. Given that you can shape and slice them how you would like, it would be very hard to tell if something is reused.

And this is talking about realistic assets found on Earth. There isn't much variety when it comes to that, so any games wanting to look realistic would look similar to each other. On the other hand though, for example if you take trees and plant life, there's countless different possible shades and forms to find, and the Quixel library only continues to grow. So that wouldn't be an issue I bet.

Also the same asset can undergo different filters to match the "artstyle" of the realistic game in question. Or even the ingame lighting engine would be enough to make a difference, like the pic Veho posted.

TL;DR Take the comparison meme posted above for example. The tree looks different due to the lighting and such, the only thing that bothers would be the exact form or model. So if you would take the rocks from Quixel for instance and put them in RDR and GTAV, and slice/shape them with the tools like in the video, bam, they're completely different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk