Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
1707116847049.png

Meh, it looks nothing like the character.

1707116938323.png

Worst cosplay ever.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I wrong or the biggest slavery promoters was some African tribes which was the ones to capture people and sell to merchants?
They played a role obviously but without buyers the system couldn't exist as it did

But truthfully I place more blame on the Europeans who had thousands of years of educational development and philosophy behind them more than the hunter gatherers scraping by selling rival tribes

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Am I wrong or the biggest slavery promoters was some African tribes which was the ones to capture people and sell to merchants?
Well, if you want to go over History as a whole, the worst slavery period has been (and by far when you see what the slaves were going through) the Arab-Muslim trafficking.
They played a role obviously but without buyers the system couldn't exist as it did

But truthfully I place more blame on the Europeans who had thousands of years of educational development and philosophy behind them more than the hunter gatherers scraping by selling rival tribes
True, that's why it was also quickly abolished and didn't last for centuries.

If you both want to have a quick overview of this topic, I'd suggest that you give a read through this press article (translation required): https://www.lefigaro.fr/vox/histoir...tee-dans-les-memoires-de-l-esclavage-20210511

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's just generally a bad idea to whine about black history "month" or try to argue whataboutism. In my experience, schools typically only dedicate one day to it, and that day ends up being all about George Washington Carver so that teachers never have to feel the slightest bit uncomfortable.

Moreover, we don't dismiss or minimize events like the Revolutionary War as "white on white violence," now do we?

Last edited by Xzi,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Oh yeah, I remember the ads and posters. The jingles were catchy.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...