Gaming The NEW massive CHEAT compilation thread.

• Thread starter Narin
  • Start date
  • Views 3,087,658
  • Replies 9,825
  • Likes 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
guyveroz said:
Hey Narin why don't you just mirror the zip in multiple free servers that way people can d/l whichever server they want. And that way you can also make one server 7zip format.... well the problem there will be you'd have to upload the file multiple times... so it's up to you.

EDIT: Instead of just asking and suggesting I decided to do something about it. I hope you don't mind Narin. I uploaded a 7z version of the Cheat zip to the GBATemp server and Megaupload.

If you guys have any suggestions for the best settings for 7z please let me know.

Because that would be a lot more work for me. I update the cheat database just about daily and already have to go through quite a bbit of steps to update everything. I have to update the cheat.xml file with all the cheats, then make sure the correct master codes are used for the games (Since they get reset every update), export the codes to 5 different cheat files, zip them. Then upload the file, update the download file page with the new info, update my signature, update the first post in the topic and create a new post with the update.

choco

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
For those who have corrupted zip file:

DON'T use third party download software (IDM, DAP, ...etc)
or it'll always corrupt on CHEAT.DAT file.

PS. Downloading only from here is fine for me, neat, and organized.
I don't get why people asking for mirrors or other format.
tongue.gif

guyveroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Narin said:
guyveroz said:
Hey Narin why don't you just mirror the zip in multiple free servers that way people can d/l whichever server they want. And that way you can also make one server 7zip format.... well the problem there will be you'd have to upload the file multiple times... so it's up to you.

EDIT: Instead of just asking and suggesting I decided to do something about it. I hope you don't mind Narin. I uploaded a 7z version of the Cheat zip to the GBATemp server and Megaupload.

If you guys have any suggestions for the best settings for 7z please let me know.

Because that would be a lot more work for me. I update the cheat database just about daily and already have to go through quite a bbit of steps to update everything. I have to update the cheat.xml file with all the cheats, then make sure the correct master codes are used for the games (Since they get reset every update), export the codes to 5 different cheat files, zip them. Then upload the file, update the download file page with the new info, update my signature, update the first post in the topic and create a new post with the update.
Okay. So is it alright if I repackage it as a 7zip and repost it?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
guyveroz said:
Narin said:
guyveroz said:

Are you able to repackage the file every day as its released and such? Also are you will to offer support for those files and such? At any rate, go ahead, its a community database.

Though personally, I'm a bit partial to having a single place to download the file so not to confuse people with a bunch of mirrors and not knowing each ones are up to date or not. That and I really don't see much of a point in mirrors. Its only a small 5 megabyte file full of cheats. Its small, even by dial up standards so a 7zip version isn't really needed. Also most of the people who use the cheat database are average users who don't even know what 7zip is.

At any rate, as I said before, its a community cheat database and I simply maintain it. So feel free to do what you want with it. All I ask though is that you supply a link back to this topic some wheres within the archive and such.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cheats Update 5-09-08

New Games Added:
Soma Bringer (J) [English - DarthNemesis]

New Codes Added:
Speed Racer: The Videogame (E)

To R4DS Users:
To R4 users and its clones, use either CHEAT.dat or USRCHEAT.dat and not both, using both will cause some codes and games not to show up.

Note:
This is a minor update, expect a revision update later on if new codes are available. Added a changelog file to the zip to keep track of recent changes to the cheat database a well as updated the Help and Credits file with more information.

--------------------------------------------------
You can get the updated cheats from my signature.

guyveroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Narin said:
guyveroz said:
Narin said:
guyveroz said:

Are you able to repackage the file every day as its released and such? Also are you will to offer support for those files and such? At any rate, go ahead, its a community database.

Though personally, I'm a bit partial to having a single place to download the file so not to confuse people with a bunch of mirrors and not knowing each ones are up to date or not. That and I really don't see much of a point in mirrors. Its only a small 5 megabyte file full of cheats. Its small, even by dial up standards so a 7zip version isn't really needed. Also most of the people who use the cheat database are average users who don't even know what 7zip is.

At any rate, as I said before, its a community cheat database and I simply maintain it. So feel free to do what you want with it. All I ask though is that you supply a link back to this topic some wheres within the archive and such.
I will always put a note on the date I updated. and I usually check for the database once a day so as long as I don't miss it I can repackage and reupload.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The easiest way that users could download it would be using something like SVN, but that's not particularly practical with something like this.

Zankurou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey Narin. I think it would be better to put the Banner in the Description. I think it would look a lot better.
BTW still wanna use the icon? You could upload that as a screenshot or use that as a way to link to the download.
BTW
narinab7.png

warstoke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zankurou if you can find some one who can write the php scripts you could make a gif that is auto updatedbased on a database query about the newest version number

Hickeyl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey i got the bass codes to work

but when im as LAN megamans apperiance has not changed

does any 1 know any MOD ar codes to make his apperance change???

devilguy370

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HALLELUJAH thanx j00 narin i frukin l0ve speed racer z0mg.

lol thanks for the cheats dude keep up the good work, and some girl keeps telling me a child's name called speed racer is retarded.

Wewpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wewpt said:
Hey Narin, once again you've outdone yourself, kudos bud for cleaning up the cheats.
Wewpt said:
But uhh, one question. In the initial post you refer to Yasu's website for the r4 patcher, however the listing for the patcher indicates it is for versions 1.11-1.17.

The newer program r4custom will not patch the version 1.18 file, it errors out.

At the end of the post you offer a pre-patched file for 1.18. How did you get this? Am I to assume that if the r4bugfix executes with no errors that it is working even though 1.18 is not explicitly mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

Still curious, apologies in advance for bumping my own post.

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hickeyl said:
warstoke said:
zankurou if you can find some one who can write the php scripts you could make a gif that is auto updatedbased on a database query about the newest version number

im a php scripter

i already did it. its a php file disguised as a jpg. just need either a custom graffic or the font that Zankurou used. to make the date stand out.

banner.jpg

Zankurou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That looks pretty nice but the insides of the open letters could use one less pixel.
It looks pretty funky. Nice though.
biggrin.gif

Also if you can set that up with the icon also that would be pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1