Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
Matt93 said:
I don't know how you can complain about a gamecube backup loader and support wii loaders. Explain what the difference is!
i dont support the wii loader. not as a piracy tool. but everyone here is just piracy(- about 10 people on this site) i have seen a thread for almost every nintendo game "i downloaded this how do i burn the rar files" "where do i get this game from" "where a are good wii torrents" wii backup loader could be used as much more. IE load homebrew off a disk. as DVD X does not allow you to run games from the menu wii loader can, IE homebrew channel.

Well, we are a piracy site. What do you expect?

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
Matt93 said:
I don't know how you can complain about a gamecube backup loader and support wii loaders. Explain what the difference is!
i dont support the wii loader. not as a piracy tool. but everyone here is just piracy(- about 10 people on this site) i have seen a thread for almost every nintendo game "i downloaded this how do i burn the rar files" "where do i get this game from" "where a are good wii torrents" wii backup loader could be used as much more. IE load homebrew off a disk. as DVD X does not allow you to run games from the menu wii loader can, IE homebrew channel.
And I bet you most people who use the Wii backup launcher are pirates. I just can't see what point you're making. Having a Gamecube loader is just as valid as having a Wii loader. I see no logic in how you can put down a Gamecube loader and support a Wii loader. They can both be misused as piracy tools. Personally, I have a bunch of gamecube games and I would love to have them backed up in case they get lost or broken. I'm not trying to turn this into a flame war, but I see no logic in disapproving of a gamecube loader.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Matt93 said:
linkinworm said:
Matt93 said:
And I bet you most people who use the Wii backup launcher are pirates. I just can't see what point you're making. Having a Gamecube loader is just as valid as having a Wii loader. I see no logic in how you can put down a Gamecube loader and support a Wii loader. They can both be misused as piracy tools. Personally, I have a bunch of gamecube games and I would love to have them backed up in case they get lost or broken. I'm not trying to turn this into a flame war, but I see no logic in disapproving of a gamecube loader.
well with a gamecube loader its almost going to be 100% piracy from day one. atleast with the wii loader, some people do actualy use it as a backup tool

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will admit I do use the backup loader as a means for free games, so I'm a pirate, and I would use the GC loader as well for that reason, but 1. reason is, my parents are unwilling to buy me games often due to the prices and the way the world is atm, 2. Games that haven't been released to America, so i can play em.

More than Half of this site use the loader as a means of free games, and I for one will admit it. Softchip creators say not to use their loader for piracy and i for one respect that and dont use it for piracy. But i want free games, im tired of giving 50 or 60 bucks for new games, To be honest i think games would sell much better if it were at teh $30 mark, its cheap and more people would buy, Gaming industry is like, lets add 10 extra bucks for games now! since the graphics are better! (im not including wii i know they are 50 or lower.)

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I best guess is, If your subscribed this Website chances are your a Pirate, To me thats just bullcrap, (I backup my games cause they might get broke) Thats just Lame in my opinion

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
I best guess is, If your subscribed this Website chances are your a Pirate, To me thats just bullcrap, (I backup my games cause they might get broke) Thats just Lame in my opinion
i signed up cos i thought the wii homebrew would be better, i came form QJ

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we stop with the mindless philosophical debate on piracy!!! PLEASE!!! I mean, I love a philisophical debate... really I do but for pete's freaking sake!!! GET TO WORK ALREADY!!! let's start talking about making a solution to GameCube loading. Ya know, the old threads on Wii backup loading were awesome! lots of techno-babble and totally new stuff to learn. It was educational and I LOVED it! Where is that here?!?! Shut your pie holes people and get cracking. Debating the issues isn't going to make life any better.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would anyone in particular care for a backup loader for GC games...especially when Nintendo plans to re-release GC games for Wii. Capcom already did REO for Wii as well and REmake Wii.

There's nothing to gain from "wasting" time like it's a priority unless that said person wants to challenge themselves.

I'm not speaking up for the public, but I'm wondering why people don't have even a shred of self-control.

GameCube games aren't expensive, I had to pay nearly 70 dollars for a single Ps3 game just the other day. No one cares, but the point is that GC games at least here in the US aren't that expensive. And most of the good ones will be ported over to the Wii, which leads another blow for "Why bother?".

If you don't live in US and have expensive prices for games, tough. Not our problem, don't act like the world revolves around your needs. Most people should be happy right now, so much greed around here.

Realistically there isn't much to gain from doing this unless someone really wants to do it for themselves, but I don't recall GC piracy being rampant. And if it was, then excuse my ignorance.

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is Still at LEAST $40.00 in the United States and that's a really good game. That's just one example, and I doubt very seriously it will be re-released.

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and i don't wanna wait for all the RE Remakes on the wii, i don't understand why capcom can't release RE5 for the wii tho, They can just friggin use the RE4 engine and rebuild it to use the wiis full hardware capabilitys, graphics and such, sure it may take sometime, but i would love to play RE5 on the wii, after playing RE4 on the wii, i will never play it again with an analog stick, but i will be forced to play RE5 with it, and im not gonna miss that game no matter what. Also They are may or may not be losing tons of money for not making it on Wii, im sure as hell not spending 200 or 400 bucks on an xbox and/or ps3 to play RE5.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoeyGennaro said:
Actually, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is Still at LEAST $40.00 in the United States and that's a really good game. That's just one example, and I doubt very seriously it will be re-released.

...Yeah and try finding "Metal gear Solid: Twin Snakes", GameStop still sells that for THIRTY dollars USED!!!

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil: Code Veronica, like almost $100 Used (or i think new don't remember) on Amazon.com, and i can't even find the game anywhere in gamestop or any other store!!!!!

And im not even gonna bother checking Ebay, as i don't trust ebay.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MrBubbles said:
Why would anyone in particular care for a backup loader for GC games...especially when Nintendo plans to re-release GC games for Wii. Capcom already did REO for Wii as well and REmake Wii.

There's nothing to gain from "wasting" time like it's a priority unless that said person wants to challenge themselves.

I'm not speaking up for the public, but I'm wondering why people don't have even a shred of self-control.

GameCube games aren't expensive, I had to pay nearly 70 dollars for a single Ps3 game just the other day. No one cares, but the point is that GC games at least here in the US aren't that expensive. And most of the good ones will be ported over to the Wii, which leads another blow for "Why bother?".

If you don't live in US and have expensive prices for games, tough. Not our problem, don't act like the world revolves around your needs. Most people should be happy right now, so much greed around here.

Realistically there isn't much to gain from doing this unless someone really wants to do it for themselves, but I don't recall GC piracy being rampant. And if it was, then excuse my ignorance.

Saving money is important. I dont want to waste so much money on GC games

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
well with a gamecube loader its almost going to be 100% piracy from day one. atleast with the wii loader, some people do actualy use it as a backup tool
That is no way to justify for not having a Gamecube loader. There are people that will use it for a backup tool. And why are you so worried about this when you claim to be a pirate yourself?

supersonic88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
im sorry but i have to throw in my 2 cents
most of the stores selling gamecube games are selling used games (its almost impossible to find some games new)in which case a good majority of the money from buying those used games (if not, all the money) just goes to the store buying and selling the things, in a way your not really stealing much from nintendo, your stealing more from the store (gamestop, game crazy, ect)

i would love a gamecube backup loader, my mario kart double dash is barely hanging in there, im suprised it even works. i'd love to just be able to make a copy...

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoeyGennaro said:

I got it for 20 USD brand new from Amazon over the summer...don't know if they still have it though.

isoptera4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread certainly went to hell quickly. Forget about piracy issues and get to talking about making a GC backup loader already! Just knowing how to hack another part of the wii software could lead to other homebrew advancements. If you say no because you THINK it will be used for piracy then no advancements will ever be made. This thread wasn't created for people to bitch about gamecube game prices or piracy.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Why dont ye all just get a mod chip works with 98%of all cube stuff
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn jack must've came loose outside over all the weather and a tech can't come out until the...