The Wii Mini has one USB port.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
who says that is not possible via usb on wii mini? maybe the system menu has that option
It'd doubtful that they'd rewrite the system menu just for a limited addition last breath Wii model made for one country when the vWii system menu on the Wii U doesn't even have that option.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you can use a SD card Reader copy saves to the system then why would it not be hackable? Use a Disc Exploit with the saves, homebrew channel and then Fat32 HDD so you can store your stuff on it and Viola wii Mini hacked yes?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
If you can use a SD card Reader copy saves to the system then why would it not be hackable? Use a Disc Exploit with the saves, homebrew channel and then Fat32 HDD so you can store your stuff on it and Viola wii Mini hacked yes?
I thought you COULDN'T use a SD card reader or other USB device to transfer saves to the system, only the one built into the Wii (which the mini doesn't have.)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd doubtful that they'd rewrite the system menu just for a limited addition last breath Wii model made for one country when the vWii system menu on the Wii U doesn't even have that option.

If nintendo didn't make any changes to the Wii Mini system, then there should be a way to connect to the internet, via usb if there is no wifi. If Nintendo says there is no internet connection then they did make some changes to the system of the Wii Mini.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point of a mini wii. I thought the Wii was small enough. Unless you want to carry that thing around, I'd say get a Wii.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably did because I just softmodded a new Wii over the weekend, one without the GC controller ports, and there were no GC data management options.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
They probably did because I just softmodded a new Wii over the weekend, one without the GC controller ports, and there were no GC data management options.
Oh, that's interesting. That's news to me. My neighbor's no-GC-port one I fixed the softmod for about a month ago DID have that section ... but he had gotten his Wii a year ago. Do you remember if the System menu version still said 4.3? I'd assume it did if you were still able to mod it with LetterBomb.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, it was 4.3, but the Wii had just been purchased on black friday (black wii), a week before I did the softmod, the serial number started with a KU. I used the Lego Indy exploit.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yea, it was 4.3, but the Wii had just been purchased on black friday (black wii), a week before I did the softmod, the serial number started with a KU. I used the Lego Indy exploit.
Okay, this continues to have my curious. That exploit is one of the ones that still works on vWii in a Wii U and vWii also SAYS it's 4.3. I'm it also doesn't have a GameCube data management section. This actually makes me wonder if the LetterBomb WOULD have worked on it or not (since it doesn't in vWii)

Did you happen to see the disk channel BEFORE putting the disk in? Did it show two disks or one? I'm wondering if Ninty just decided to slap their vWii system menu on the newest Wii consoles all together.

(of course this doesn't mean a Mini Wii would ALSO have the SD card icon removed from the system menu AND the SD card tabs in data management as well ... or even the network setting section from the system settings ... but you never know)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard that the Lego Indy game save works on the vWii, I'd try it if I had a HBC that is made for the vWii.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I haven't heard that the Lego Indy game save works on the vWii, I'd try it if I had a HBC that is made for the vWii.
Yeah, they haven't released the HBC installer for it yet. They just use either that or a couple of other disk based ones to run homebrew as a one-time thing. Nothing publicly released that can do anything permanent yet.

Anyway, as interesting as this is .. back on topic .. we'll know more about the Mini Wii's software once someone buys one tomorrow ... if they decide to report back here.

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:unsure: I don't get Nintendo's fixation with producing miniaturized iterations of ancient hardware. There is more than enough Nintendo hardware on the market. They need to be developing more games instead, y'know, something they're actually good at.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
:unsure: I don't get Nintendo's fixation with producing miniaturized iterations of ancient hardware. There is more than enough Nintendo hardware on the market. They need to be developing more games instead, y'know, something they're actually good at.
The majority of games on Nintendo's systems weren't developed by them.

Also if they can produce a cheaper model and sell that, it costs them less, which means more money they can be spending elsewhere.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't consider myself a Nintendo Fan Boy but then I started counting how much nintendo Product I own... Maybe I am; I have 2 Wiis 1 black 1 red, 1 Deluxe wii U , 1 GBA SP, 1 DS Lite, 1 DSI XL, 1 3ds XL. Now I want to get a Wii Mini... Just cause.... it's cute and small and shit? does this make me a fanboi or a collector addict? I have 3 PSPS... 1k 2k and 3k.. a ps3 60 gig model hrmmm.. no ps2 but I got a psone.. kicking about..

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Now the question is do I go buy one and try to hack it now or not p:)
If you're gonna buy one for the collection anyhow, go ahead. I don't know of any way to hack something like this without an SD card slot.

If you're REALLY set on hacking it the only way would be getting your hands on one of thos tri-winged screwdrivers Ninty uses and opening it up and sending a photo of the Motherboard to DeadlyFoez and see if he thinks it's the same motherboard and possible to solder an SD card reader onto it or install a WODE onto it. Once you do that (or have someone else do it for you.) THEN you might be able to hack it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    For me just buying a Pi and some accessories fills that not a PC void new consoles have just put them close to PC prices and all the patching and updates makes me feel like I might as well just get a PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Were talking new Gen consoles at launch here
    Yeah they just are glorified mid range PCs these days
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah they just are glorified mid range PCs these days