Homebrew The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and also a kind of "Kaillera Support
What that suppsoed to be?

Also retroarch is a work in progress emulator, on wii u now, but if VC injections for N64 games is a thing, you may not need it.

too bad square enix never got mischif makers on vc yet, i wanted to try it, or snowboard kids either. :glare:

Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco

Also retroarch is a work in progress emulator, on wii u now, but if VC injections for N64 games is a thing, you may not need it.

too bad square enix never got mischif makers on vc yet, i wanted to try it, or snowboard kids either. :glare:
One thing to know though, there has been a beta Mednafen PSX core for RetroArch Wii. Sadly, it doesn't run at full speed compared to WiiSX(R).

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing to know though, there has been a beta Mednafen PSX core for RetroArch Wii. Sadly, it doesn't run at full speed compared to WiiSX(R).
The wii probably isn't that much better than the ps2, unless the console is even somehow worst than ps2 or equal, i doubt it will even emulate stuff well. The wiisx bearly can play a game correctly, that even the issue wasn't always framerate. But i hardly worry about that since i have the godlike android tv with the Tegra x1 chip that does have no issues besides emulation not programmed or developed properly, plus 4K PSX and N64 emulation :P

Reactions: CatmanFan

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I mean "online multiplayer" for emulators

Retroarch UI for console is too ugly, I prefer a GUI more like GX :P

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he just want something simple as selecting a game and loading the rom and settings with ease of navigation.
This screen shot is from the retroarch installed on my android tv, it looks like the PSP/PS3 XMB cross media bar. But is not easy to setup like a standard emulator, since you have to do MAME like file management and settings rather than just navigate to directory with roms, select rom and start playing, more like the emulators on VWii, Genesis plus, gx, FCEUGX, SNES9XGX, VBAGX. To be honest if you really want to, just use the vwii emulators, they are just as good and have been updated to use wii u pro controllers and even some ps3 or other HID controllers. Least use it until hopefully someone ports the stand alone emulators like those to work in wii u system.:mellow:

Also i think retroarch has netplay, but i never tested it since i dunno how to work it or know anyone willing to try.:unsure:
RetroArch_20161112_181603.png

Reactions: Magnus87

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for someone to port the game streaming app Moonlight to Wii U? The Vita has a version of it, but doesn't function well due to the bad wifi chip. I think Moonlight on the Wii U's gamepad would be amazing.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for someone to port the game streaming app Moonlight to Wii U? The Vita has a version of it, but doesn't function well due to the bad wifi chip. I think Moonlight on the Wii U's gamepad would be amazing.
Wii u wifi is no better, still same tier as ps3, ps4, and 3ds :P

Is it possible for maybe a twitch app? can't access it with web browser anymore. :(

Also a port of super mario war? :ninja:

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What about something like CTRBootManager for Haxchi? I would love to have something like a bootloader at my console startup! :)

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A utility that can sort titles on the Wii U menu in alphabetical order. I hope that is possible. Insane that the console can't do that natively.

D

Deleted User

I would love it if the wiiu became..... more accessible... to hacking. I mean like, without giant requirements. like how the wii you only needed a exploitable game or (web browser) and not needing a game to run the hack. (for example) you cannot do anything with sysnand or very little without cfw loader, and that requires a ton, for me I only have 32 gb sds, and I need a 64 sd, which of course frustrates me vs the little requirements the orignal wii needed, a sd card of at least 512 mb, which any person pretty much has, and with the wii it was exploitable thanks to the system menu. now of course you guys will be bound to polish it and maybe that was already on the list, and doing what I just asked is definitly not 1 2 3. because the wiiu security is much more advanced than the wii so....

Last edited by ,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love it if the wiiu became..... more accessible... to hacking. I mean like, without giant requirements. like how the wii you only needed a exploitable game or (web browser) and not needing a game to run the hack. (for example) you cannot do anything with sysnand or very little without cfw loader, and that requires a ton, for me I only have 32 gb sds, and I need a 64 sd, which of course frustrates me vs the little requirements the orignal wii needed, a sd card of at least 512 mb, which any person pretty much has, and with the wii it was exploitable thanks to the system menu. now of course you guys will be bound to polish it and maybe that was already on the list, and doing what I just asked is definitly not 1 2 3. because the wiiu security is much more advanced than the wii so....

The requirements are basically the same really. A 512 MB SD card would allow you to run homebrew, Wii U retail backups, VC titles, eShop only, and out of region titles. You can do a ton without cfw booter. You need to boot CFW for VC titles, eShop only, DLC, and out of region titles. The 64 GB requirement is for using redNAND which is pretty close to pointless if you're just trying to install and run homebrew and backups. Being able to use System Config Tool is nice but I don't think it's worth the 32 GB requirement or the hassle of dealing with two different NANDs. The only thing you couldn't do with a 512 MB SD card is install titles larger than 500 MB.

You don't need to solder anything and anyone who can operate a computer can install and run homebrew/backups. There will be some improvements, but I can't see how it could get much more accessible.

KoopaTroopa311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just throwing this out there, but what if we had a USB Loader GX for Wii U? I'd imagine it'd be sorta feasible by now, right? If we could do that, we could (in theory) abolish the title limit and have it read from a FAT32 formatted device, so Wii U and vWii can play nice with the same HDD.

Iunno, I'm no developer by any means so I can't say for sure how feasible this is :)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just throwing this out there, but what if we had a USB Loader GX for Wii U? I'd imagine it'd be sorta feasible by now, right? If we could do that, we could (in theory) abolish the title limit and have it read from a FAT32 formatted device, so Wii U and vWii can play nice with the same HDD.

Iunno, I'm no developer by any means so I can't say for sure how feasible this is :)
The wii u uses a encrypted file system, it must be formatted to te wii u exclusive file system and it only works on wii u, nothing else can make use of it for that reason. Wii backup loaders like usb loader gx or wiiflow don't use encrypted formatted files, it simply reads te wbfs file off the storage device that any kind of system can use. Unless the wii u can suddenly start using unencrypted file system it not gonna work. So far only the sd card slot does not format storage to encrypted file system.:mellow:

Also this is a HOMEBREW REQUEST thread. You know like homebrew apps for wii u? A emulator or system tool, a game. Most recent post have not been about requesting homebrew but about what they hope can be possible or something related to system modification, which i guess i don't understand as homebrew request. :huh:

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 3D model viewer that parses and displays OBJ+MTL or DAE or anything like that would be pretty awesome.

I think it'd be pretty interesting to see how far I could push the console in terms of poly count and how much it would lag. :P

Reactions: Deleted User

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also this is a HOMEBREW REQUEST thread. You know like homebrew apps for wii u? A emulator or system tool, a game. Most recent post have not been about requesting homebrew but about what they hope can be possible or something related to system modification, which i guess i don't understand as homebrew request. :huh:

He was asking if a USB loader was possible. A USB loader is homebrew so I don't know why you're admonishing him as he posted in the correct forum.

Reactions: Irastris

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH