Hacking There may be a virus on my New 3ds

DreamSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know there has been no reports of anything like this so i know that this is something new or maybe something rare. When i opened luma with L-button Down-button and select button, none of the options in this menu would work (They all Crashed) and when i returned to my new 3ds the control pad completely stopped working and so did the A,B,X,Y Buttons, the L-1 and R-2 Buttons, and the zlr and zlL buttons. the only thing that worked was the touch pad but not very well. i did the restore Nand option and the problem was still in the new 3ds as was my themes which should have disappeared. Does anyone have any advice on what i should do or if its utterly hopeless like a fried nand

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know there has been no reports of anything like this so i know that this is something new or maybe something rare. When i opened luma with L-button Down-button and select button, none of the options in this menu would work (They all Crashed) and when i returned to my new 3ds the control pad completely stopped working and so did the A,B,X,Y Buttons, the L-1 and R-2 Buttons, and the zlr and zlL buttons. the only thing that worked was the touch pad but not very well. i did the restore Nand option and the problem was still in the new 3ds as was my themes which should have disappeared. Does anyone have any advice on what i should do or if its utterly hopeless like a fried nand
Your themes are saved to the SD card, so they'd stay through Nand restore so long as you had valid tickets on the Nand that got restored (Which you did and that's not a bad thing)
Try replacing your boot.firm for (direct download) the latest Luma release. Even if you already have it, humor me. Something could be wrong with your boot.firm

If that doesn't work I'd guess borked SD card

DreamSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What were you doing before? Did you install anything? What did you install? What did you use to install? Do you use B9S?
i was using luma the menu part of it and after i went of it the controls were messed up

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i was using luma the menu part of it and after i went of it the controls were messed up
And i used a flashcart to install cfw

DreamSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did what you said Ricken and now the controls partially work now, the d pad doesn't work still, the A,B,X,Y buttons work, Start and Select work and none of the L buttons or R buttons work, but the touch Screen Kinda works, and the same problem

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What were you doing before? Did you install anything? What did you install? What did you use to install? Do you use B9S?
i intalled a updated version of freeshop

DreamSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What were you doing before?
I wasn't doing anything really, all I did was install the new fork for freeshop, but i'm sure that this problem could have been here since I hacked my new 3ds, because I never knew about the Rosalina menu nor have I ever opened it until a week ago, that's when this happened. it has occurred once before on a completely random occasion when using a SNES CIA legend of Zelda link to the past. the game's controls crashed and became unplayable randomly and so did the menu, it went away after a Nand restore.

Last edited by DreamSlayer,

DreamSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it help anyone if i post my nand and crt nand to resolve this. If anyone has suggestions on how to get the necessary logs for people to figure out this problem please tell me how to here. 3ds far the problem his still on my new 3ds.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The touch screen isn't working well? If you're using a screen protector then those things cause more problems than they solve.
I don't know how to explain the crashes.

Also don't post your NAND dump. I'm not really sure where that falls legally, but I DO know the file is huge and nobody is really going to dig through that.

DreamSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The touch screen isn't working well? If you're using a screen protector then those things cause more problems than they solve.
I don't know how to explain the crashes.

Also, don't post your NAND dump. I'm not really sure where that falls legally, but I DO know the file is huge and nobody is really going to dig through that.
I don't know if you were right our if was the community combined help. I entered in the setting and was attempting a reconfiguration of the touch screen and as I saw it didn't work at all. I didn't expect this at all to be the issue but I think that the screen protects are just like a virus. maybe because not once did I think to take off not did I even believe I would affect the rest of my buttons. but once I took it off the touch worked fine and when I returned the menu everything was fine even the d-pad started working again. none of this makes any sense to me what so ever, why would the touch screen affect every other button function in the 3ds, isn't the touchscreen and the button separate, I guess apparently not. the lumas Rosalina menu was crashing but after following Rickens' advice it was gone and the controls did work better. I think it just had to be a combination of a corrupted luma system and a crappy reused screen protector that was the problem. WHat corrupted my luma was probably that SNES CIA I downloaded which might have been corrupted itself. Sorry for bothering the community by giving the notion of a virus, when instead it was a simple corruption of luma, and of course a screen protector that was messing up the controls.

Also, i checked to see if the problem returned when putting on the screen protector and nothing happened, it seems to work fine, I guess my suspicion that this had to do with a combination of the both was prove, seems pretty confusing to me but I guess that just how it is.

Last edited by DreamSlayer,
Reactions: Jacklack3

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if you were right our if was the community combined help. I entered in the setting and was attempting a reconfiguration of the touch screen and as I saw it didn't work at all. I didn't expect this at all to be the issue but I think that the screen protects are just like a virus. maybe because not once did I think to take off not did I even believe I would affect the rest of my buttons. but once I took it off the touch worked fine and when I returned the menu everything was fine even the d-pad started working again. none of this makes any sense to me what so ever, why would the touch screen affect every other button function in the 3ds, isn't the touchscreen and the button separate, I guess apparently not. the lumas Rosalina menu was crashing but after following Rickens' advice it was gone and the controls did work better. I think it just had to be a combination of a corrupted luma system and a crappy reused screen protector that was the problem. WHat corrupted my luma was probably that SNES CIA I downloaded which might have been corrupted itself. Sorry for bothering the community by giving the notion of a virus, when instead it was a simple corruption of luma, and of course a screen protector that was messing up the controls.

Also, i checked to see if the problem returned when putting on the screen protector and nothing happened, it seems to work fine, I guess this only had to my suspicion that this had to do with a combination of the both, seems pretty confusing to me but I guess that just how it is.
Another case solved. Lock that screen protector and the SNES CIA up bois... B-)

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgtO5sebA9U